"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Matthias1 said Sigh; my parents’ priest also uses only the...
- avecrux said What strikes me is how patronizing this is: poor l...
- Matthias1 said Yes, welcome “everyone,” but by all me...
- Charles E Flynn said I wonder if this important article was overlooked...
- Charivari Rob said “When asked by the host to comment on Pope F...
- LarryW2LJ said The problem with “Progressives” is tha...
- wolfeken said If nothing else, the last year and a half has cert...
- Rob22 said TNCath. I disagree. Schism? So the orthodox Cathol...
- Jerry said re: Mum26 – “He had all the good inten...
- gracie said A few years back, I attended a Sunday evening Mass...
- Royse87 said “In the trenches”, “in touch wit...
- thomas tucker said Contrast all of this blather with what Our Lord sa...
- Back pew sitter said After putting up with that video I found some ligh...
- JesusFreak84 said …..They’re based in Canada, ne? Well,...
- rtjl said The lay people finally [?] feel like their voice i...
- Rich said The tail is really wagging the dog when an Extraor...
- Mike said Nothing prevents any of us from asking Miss Ambros...
- msc said The ivory tower comment is obviously unjust in Ben...
- TNCath said I fear a schism coming.
- Back pew sitter said Who on earth is this Alicia Ambrosio? Why is anyo...
- SaintJude6 said Regarding Ambrosio: My grandmother said that, in t...
- Jerry said re: “real life is messy ” Mostly becau...
- Rob22 said The problem is whatever side one is on, this Synod...
- Sam Schmitt said Ambrosio also disparaged the previous papacies of...
- Elizabeth D said I find all this so baffling. Same sex attracted pe...
- The Masked Chicken said I recommend having the choir in the last rows in t...
- The Masked Chicken said The other issue is that if I avoided going to Comm...
- The Masked Chicken said This is a bit confusing. Just yesterday, I submit...
- Jacob said jhayes at 22 October 2014 at 4:22 pm, No, thatR...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Well, Cdl. Kasper said journalists were going to t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 9 March 2012
From a priest reader:
Dear Fr. Z, Can I ask for urgent prayers from your readers? The
Vermont State legislature (one of the most secular in the country) is
trying to rush through the “Death with Dignity” Bill this week – quick
hearing on … Continue reading
Today is the feast of one of my favorite saints, St. Frances of Rome (+1440).
Young Frances married into the Ponziani family, whose medieval palazzo is still in Trastevere. When I moved to Rome many years ago I first lived there … Continue reading
I saw something worthy of Germany in the 1930′s in today’s Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times):
White House Works to Shape Debate Over Health Law By ROBERT PEAR Published: March 9, 2012 [...] On Wednesday, White House officials summoned … Continue reading
INCOMING CME: As Earth’s magnetic field reverberates from the impact of one CME on March 8th, a second CME is on the way. Big sunspot AR1429 unleashed an M6-class solar flare today, and the eruption hurled a cloud … Continue reading
Some of you have complained that Yellow Dog is no longer around (at the bottom of the blog).
Sorry. I had complaints that Yellow Dog was slowing down the loading of the pages.
I didn’t eat him. I moved him.
You can always … Continue reading
In the last week more than of you have dropped me a note asking that I get back to creating some “Lex Orandi Lex Credendi” swag. My swag store is HERE.
This is what I have going.
For the bumperstickers and car … Continue reading
The UN is trying to create a new category of human rights. We have been across this ground before (HERE and HERE).
That right, pushed by the UN, is freedom from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender. Ostensibly, … Continue reading