Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Supertradmum said Sometimes, I just have to stop and forgive all tho...
- Supertradmum said Father Z., may I add that most parishes ask for re...
- SKAY said Thank you Cobbler. There is a lot more behind this...
- Chiara said Father – Please allow me to tell you of my e...
- St. Louis IX said I am grateful for this question, and answer. It co...
- Lin said The USCCC welcomes government intervention!?! Whe...
- jfk03 said The reality is that Catholic Church-goers vote wit...
- JBS said The trouble in the USA is that we refer to our par...
- William Tighe said I followed the link that “Peter in Canberra&...
- bookworm said I work for a state agency whose function is to rev...
- JamesM said Father this seems to be different to what I though...
- tperegrinus said It makes me unconfortable to even think of +++Pell...
- Mariana2 said Very sad, but he no doubt knows what he’s do
- Peter in Canberra said http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/cardinal...
- Peter in Canberra said Cardinal Pell is a big man. But he didn’t pl...
- frjim4321 said I’m not a fan of this prelate for a few reas...
- The Cobbler said Wow. Thanks for this. (And thanks, Irradiated, for...
- qowieury said This was a good thing. This means, inter alia, tha...
- The Cobbler said Well, I never thought I’d say this ;^), but...
- The Cobbler said I suppose “the rest over there” includ...
- The Cobbler said benedetta, for comparison, I am fairly certain tha...
- The Cobbler said Should I suggest using the <hr> tag instead...
- The Cobbler said In the spirit of internettiness, this whole thread...
- Sword40 said If the Government is fer it I agin it.
- Siculum said Yum! You need a stove. I wish I could give you...
- Dennis Martin said Simon Dodd, directed at me: “”What ar...
- Dennis Martin said For Andrew Saucci and all who are following his li...
- Grumpy Beggar said From the OP : “I wish he did have cappa. May...
- The Egyptian said jeffreyquick says So it would appear that the USC...
- jeffreyquick said Pace Chris_R, I find this argument (http://ace.mu....
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 9 March 2012
From a priest reader:
Dear Fr. Z, Can I ask for urgent prayers from your readers? The
Vermont State legislature (one of the most secular in the country) is
trying to rush through the “Death with Dignity” Bill this week – quick
hearing on … Continue reading
Today is the feast of one of my favorite saints, St. Frances of Rome (+1440).
Young Frances married into the Ponziani family, whose medieval palazzo is still in Trastevere. When I moved to Rome many years ago I first lived there … Continue reading
I saw something worthy of Germany in the 1930’s in today’s Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times):
White House Works to Shape Debate Over Health Law By ROBERT PEAR Published: March 9, 2012 […] On Wednesday, White House officials summoned … Continue reading
INCOMING CME: As Earth’s magnetic field reverberates from the impact of one CME on March 8th, a second CME is on the way. Big sunspot AR1429 unleashed an M6-class solar flare today, and the eruption hurled a cloud … Continue reading
Some of you have complained that Yellow Dog is no longer around (at the bottom of the blog).
Sorry. I had complaints that Yellow Dog was slowing down the loading of the pages.
I didn’t eat him. I moved him.
You can always … Continue reading
In the last week more than of you have dropped me a note asking that I get back to creating some “Lex Orandi Lex Credendi” swag. My swag store is HERE.
This is what I have going.
For the bumperstickers and car … Continue reading
The UN is trying to create a new category of human rights. We have been across this ground before (HERE and HERE).
That right, pushed by the UN, is freedom from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender. Ostensibly, … Continue reading