When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- TawdryPenitent said This is a joke…………….
- Andrew Saucci said Perhaps a bishop who wants to learn the extraordin...
- CharlesG said It’s wonderful that these German curial card...
- Cody said Look at all those bald heads…
- John V said Maybe he studied under Stephen Colbert....
- mysticalrose said He forgot the giant bowl of fire for the focal poi...
- John F. Kennedy said Two things; The music being played on the record o...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Contrast the dancing procession of Echternach: Fre...
- iPadre said Brother sun and Sister moon…
- JamesM said I think it would be licit for a Bishop to act as a...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I never imagined – thanks for a world of Bar...
- Benedict Joseph said Why isn’t the entire College of Cardinals co...
- Adrienne Regina said Peter Cook and Dudley Moore: The Order of St. Bery...
- acardnal said I can’t believe there’s no clay potter...
- Woody79 said And the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate are to...
- NonAngelusSedAnglus said This is rather different to the Mass I attended fo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said tzard, As far as I can see, it was not Cardinal Ni...
- Back pew sitter said This sort of thing normally makes my blood boil, b...
- pseudomodo said I was wondering when someone was going to bring u...
- TomD said “. . . they should have oversight of doctrin...
- Charles E Flynn said Is John’s cave at Patmos available? There co...
- benedetta said My apologies to the friar in the video but the mom...
- Michael_Thoma said That’s what happens when you lose your pick...
- aquinas138 said pelerin, I would like to think that is true, but s...
- pelerin said No I think they are stupefied.
- CatherineTherese said Most exasperating to me is the 11 (per my count) o...
- pelerin said Have looked the dancer up and see that he is a Bel...
- pelerin said He must be practising for April Fools Day. Not qui...
- Kathleen10 said It is ugly to see authority abused. They should b...
- Gabriel Syme said Kill it with fire!
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
- Brick by Brick in Greenville
- New interview with Card. Burke
- 8 major studies of identital twins prove homosexuality Is NOT genetic
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Nearly 500 faithful priests in England and Wales sign letter urging Synod to stand firm!
- LENTCAzT 35: Tuesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Extraordinary Form “Dialogue” Masses
- ASK FATHER: Can confessions be heard during Mass in the Extraordinary Form?
- English translation problem on Vatican website of key paragraph of an important document
- LENTCAzT 34: Monday of the 5th Week of Lent – UPDATED
- Great news!
- POLL: Covering images for 1st Passion Sunday, 5th Sunday of Lent
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 33: 5th Sunday of Lent
- My View For Awhile: Home again home again…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 15 March 2012
It is great to see the first of some species of bird returning from its winter digs.
More on that later.
I haven’t shown you anything from the feeder lately, despite the fact that they eat here because of your donations.
Here are … Continue reading
This is from Media Report:
The Usual Suspects: NY Times, Dissident Priest Support Anti-Catholic SNAP With Falsehoods, Attacks on Church
Anti-Catholicism in Action: The New York Times, Rev. Thomas P. Doyle, and SNAP
The New York Times is again shilling for the Catholic-hating SNAP … Continue reading
Can call on you knowledgeable readers to help this priest with a question?
From a priest:
I have looked everywhere for an answer to the question of the required (not just proper) color for exposition of the Blessed Sacrament during Lent (and … Continue reading
I received an appeal from Opus Bono Sacerdotii, an organization which gives help to priests who are in difficulties.
They wrote saying:
We have a dozen priests we cannot help at this time who need your prayers.
They are in dire need of … Continue reading