- Fr. Z - KC9ZJN - OFF
QRV on 00m 0.000
- "If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus
ep. 131 - AD 382
When you shop online…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Allan S. said MISSED ME! (4th time…perhaps a hint ;) ) Al...
- Elizabeth D said i love the story about the woman who knew the answ...
- Choirgirl said murtheol: “Me and Zuhlio Down By the School...
- Toan said Hmm…is it just me, or are the final synod ru...
- majuscule said pray4truth– We will not take that as any for...
- pray4truth said oops, my emoji’s of clapping and praying, th...
- pray4truth said ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????
- MWindsor said Netmilsmom – Most of the local emergency vol...
- Henry Edwards said The new ICEL version also “does nothing with...
- SanSan said I believe “iPadre” is on to something&
- ejcmartin said I am beginning to wonder that if, just maybe, Pope...
- Netmilsmom said Majuscule- I would like a radio where I could hear...
- Norah said To Dissenting Priests “It is your duty to fi...
- Bea said I watched the video. Made my skin crawl. If only...
- gatormom said This display was totally contrived well in advance...
- cdet1997 said Can someone please explain how a guy can go throug...
- majuscule said Our neighborhood emergency volunteers offer a ham...
- oldcanon2257 said The only problem with the reign of Pius XIII is:...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I’ve the repeater repeat itself a few times,...
- avecrux said If you look at Msgr Charamsa’s body language...
- JKnott said Well we all know it but here is something from a m...
- juergensen said This could actually be good news for the Church an...
- gsk said @ipadre: interesting theory, but accurate or not (...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Here in NYC I’ve tuned in to 147.27 for a wh...
- KingofCharity said The RCC doesn’t need to back peddle on their...
- donato2 said I bet the pro-Kasperites are the angriest of anyon...
- Grumpy Beggar said I’d have to agree with the choice of the wo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What does “notwithstanding the respect due t...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z observes with respect to “Msgr. Krzysz...
- Back pew sitter said Majuscule: Many thanks for your response and for...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Open Band Alert (180)
- Pope Francis meets with Kim Davis. The Left melts down. (94)
- 10 less than perfectly reported points about Pope Francis’ US trip (57)
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired. (52)
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development (47)
- ASK FATHER: “Everyone, extend your hands to bless Myrna!” (40)
- Synod rule changes to be announced on Friday. Hold on to your socks. (38)
- A Feast of Angels (38)
- Pope Francis: Women priests? “NO.” (35)
- Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi tears the throat out of a reporter asking about big-business abortion (29)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS – 19th Sunday after Pentecost: “Why did God make you?”
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday – CARDS!
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired.
- ZUHLIO RETURNS! “Fifty Ways To Rig A Synod”
- Horror in Oregon … and Glory? A reminder about your own soul and death.
- My View For Awhile: Hurricane Dodging Edition
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development
- ACTION ITEM! Birettas for Seminarians Project: UPDATED
- Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi tears the throat out of a reporter asking about big-business abortion
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- It’s as if Francis had met with the homophobic dictator Kim DaeVis
- FR. Z BLOG EXCLUSIVE! The return of…
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) issues to men a tremendous call to battle!
- Pope Francis meets with Kim Davis. The Left melts down.
- ASK FATHER: If 50% of marriages are invalid, how do I know if my marriage is valid?
- A Roman Mystery: The Lost Tomb of St. Jerome
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Open Band Alert
- New sacred music disc recorded in the Sistine Chapel
- A Feast of Angels
- Off the cuff Francis on the family
- Your Good News
- Synod rule changes to be announced on Friday. Hold on to your socks.
- ACTION ITEM! It’s time to order your 2016 Ordo (St. John Cantius)
- ASK FATHER: Where should Father distribute Holy Communion?
- Pope Francis: Women priests? “NO.”
- Recent Arrivals: spiffy books
- ASK FATHER: “Everyone, extend your hands to bless Myrna!”
- St. Mary Goretti USA Pilgrimage – NEWS
- NEWS: In the past Popes both smiled and were nice to babies
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 16 March 2012
In an otherwise dreadful tech day for me, I have had a bright spot. The UPS Gal swooped in her brown truck with a gift from a reader from my amazon wishlist: the DVD/BRAY of the movie The Way (thanks … Continue reading
I will let you liturgical experts and interested dabblers provide this good reader with some help. I may be missing something, but I can’t see much of a problem. You readers might see differently. From a reader: A question for … Continue reading
When I worked in the Vatican I had a mantra: “Yesterday’s technology tomorrow!” We updated our equipment every 75 years, whether it needed it or not. I am happy to see recent developments. For example, Vatican Radio and CTV have … Continue reading
I am experimenting with themes to try to solve some problems.
We are headed into a time of true spiritual warfare. The signs of this are thick in the air about us now. We would do well to get ourselves ready. We need good examinations of conscience, good confessions, good Communions – always GOOD … Continue reading
I received this note from a reader: When I go to your blog, the normal array of sidebar, header, etc., appears for two seconds, but then disappears, and then a full width post column appears with no sidebar and the … Continue reading
Several people sent me a video of Glen Beck talking about “The Vatican”. He is a bit out of his depth in how he speaks about the workings of the Church and higher levels of leadership, but he gets around … Continue reading
Holy See Statement about SSPX and avoiding “ecclesial rupture of painful and incalculable consequences”
I thought something was coming! This is from the Holy See Press Office: COMMUNIQUE CONCERNING THE SOCIETY OF ST. PIUS X Vatican City, 16 March 2012 (VIS) – Given below is the text of a communique relating to the Society … Continue reading
Obama Admin’s HHS kills Texas women’s health program because State prohibits money to help Planned Parenthood
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!Planned Parenthood, founded by the eugenicist Margaret Sanger to kill off black people, the mentally challenged and other societal undesirables, now has one objective: make money from the death of babies through as many abortions … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! On Friday 23 March at 12 Noon there will be “Stand Up for Religious Liberty” rallies all over the USA. Click here for rally locations.