Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- CradleRevert said “I wonder what the Pope could possibly do or...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimin...
- Henry Edwards said “Frankly, I don’t think he would try to chan...
- Scott W. said Frankly, I don’t think he would try to change the...
- Paul M. said Daniel W, I appreciate your message, but I believe...
- L. said Some must think that they laity are revolting.
- AnthonyJ said The decline in attendance is not surprising. Pope...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Rabbit Trail Warning: What do you think is the be...
- The Masked Chicken said “Physically, they are the best representativ...
- Bos Mutissimus said Father: any thoughts on F. J. Sheed’s trans...
- LarryW2LJ said Could this be a case of “By their fruits you...
- Mikhael said I have also listened to the Edward Bouverie Pusey...
- donato2 said The reader’s question also inquires about Th...
- The Masked Chicken said “Here in Luxembourg (and in nearby France as...
- The Masked Chicken said I had a number of links to free versions, but whe...
- DonL said The gift of hope can be found nowhere better (asid...
- PopeWatch: Audiences | The American CatholicThe American Catholic said […] here to read the comments. Now this is...
- kbf said I’d suggest the answers, in part, to the rea...
- T -38: The Setting Sun | The Deus Ex Machina Blog said […] And a Francis Disaster it is. Here how F...
- One of those TNCs said No “amen” from me, either, and for mos...
- Lori Pieper said Excellent news today! (Aug 27) The Positio for Joh...
- Sword40 said I, too, am a weekly TLM attendee. I’ll stick...
- marcelus said Well.. another one from the fallen from grace Vati...
- Lin said There are a lot of things that I would love to bri...
- hmf10 said Adam was created first. He IS the species. Eve is...
- Lin said It has been a long two years (almost 2-1/2 but who...
- Nan said @Kent Wendler, how beautiful that He allows you a...
- arga said From Day 1, this Holy Father has undertaken to dis...
- Daniel W said Paul M, interesting but not quite sufficient. The...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said People won’t go out of their way to be insul...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (103)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! (91)
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this? (57)
- Facebook locks out Catholic priest Msgr. Charles Pope, for being a “Monsignor” (45)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a 3 year old? (25)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (23)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Pope Francis attended Mass in St. Peter’s on Feast of St. Pius X
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS!
- WDTPRS: 21st Sunday of Ordinary Time – When “virtues” are replaced by “values”.
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this?
- 29 Sept – Holy Innocents -Manhattan – BLUE MASS… TLM!
- Six consecutive sixes in one over
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 16 March 2012
In an otherwise dreadful tech day for me, I have had a bright spot. The UPS Gal swooped in her brown truck with a gift from a reader from my amazon wishlist: the DVD/BRAY of the movie The Way (thanks … Continue reading
I will let you liturgical experts and interested dabblers provide this good reader with some help. I may be missing something, but I can’t see much of a problem. You readers might see differently. From a reader: A question for … Continue reading
When I worked in the Vatican I had a mantra: “Yesterday’s technology tomorrow!” We updated our equipment every 75 years, whether it needed it or not. I am happy to see recent developments. For example, Vatican Radio and CTV have … Continue reading
I am experimenting with themes to try to solve some problems.
We are headed into a time of true spiritual warfare. The signs of this are thick in the air about us now. We would do well to get ourselves ready. We need good examinations of conscience, good confessions, good Communions – always GOOD … Continue reading
I received this note from a reader: When I go to your blog, the normal array of sidebar, header, etc., appears for two seconds, but then disappears, and then a full width post column appears with no sidebar and the … Continue reading
Several people sent me a video of Glen Beck talking about “The Vatican”. He is a bit out of his depth in how he speaks about the workings of the Church and higher levels of leadership, but he gets around … Continue reading
Holy See Statement about SSPX and avoiding “ecclesial rupture of painful and incalculable consequences”
I thought something was coming! This is from the Holy See Press Office: COMMUNIQUE CONCERNING THE SOCIETY OF ST. PIUS X Vatican City, 16 March 2012 (VIS) – Given below is the text of a communique relating to the Society … Continue reading
Obama Admin’s HHS kills Texas women’s health program because State prohibits money to help Planned Parenthood
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!Planned Parenthood, founded by the eugenicist Margaret Sanger to kill off black people, the mentally challenged and other societal undesirables, now has one objective: make money from the death of babies through as many abortions … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! On Friday 23 March at 12 Noon there will be “Stand Up for Religious Liberty” rallies all over the USA. Click here for rally locations.