You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Ignatius said What smad0142 said. Though we cannot pass judgmen...
- anilwang said onosurf says: “Communion from Greek Orthodox...
- Supertradmum said The 1969 North American Greek Orthodox Theological...
- Cosmos said Why can’t we just admit that we (meaning the...
- smad0142 said As a Ukrainian Catholic I have always struggled wi...
- Geoffrey said “The question is: Will they be in the AAS?...
- wmeyer said The refusal to believe in God is objectively a mor...
- Supertradmum said The CCC is useful here. See the section on merit a...
- acardnal said Seems to me that the Pope was talking about redemp...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1. It’s not about Greek Catholics, aka Byzan...
- Br. Gabriel, OP said Yes. Please don’t confuse all Dominican with...
- Jeannie_C said Perhaps Patricius was not referring to the Orthodo...
- Magash said I surely agree that the Church would benefit great...
- sirlouis said From the incomplete reports I have read, timothypu...
- jonh303 said This really is unfortunate how the media is report...
- Fr AJ said Patricius, you may be surprised to learn that the...
- akp1 said I have read that you must ask permission to receiv...
- Cantor said Given that it is permitted by Rome for you to rece...
- robtbrown said Two points: 1. IMHO, no one can be saved withou...
- Choirmaster said Wow! I was mistaken. I thought that the Greek Cath...
- Suburbanbanshee said Get Religion has a good story on young French Cath...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z, Thank you for adding a ‘fervorino...
- onosurf said Communion from Greek Orthodox schismatics, ok. Com...
- AJS said Patricius, As an Eastern Catholic I find that incr...
- ronconte said Can atheists, who know about the Catholic Christia...
- timothyputnam said Fr. Z, I agree that I would prefer to either have...
- PatriciusOenus said What about the prohibition on praying with heretic...
- Gregg the Obscure said Psalm 8:4-5 “For I will behold thy heavens,...
- A Priest said Three quick points of theological clarification: A...
- anilwang said Fr Martin Fox, I see a few problems with that anal...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 21 March 2012
I had a note from someone suggesting that there is a report that Fr. John Trigilio may be been in some kind of traffic accident. (Vague, I know, but that is what I am working with.)
Many of you will have … Continue reading
By coincidence, three people wrote to me today about “Save the Liturgy – Save the World” swag. I was prompted to look at the old design and to create a better, more useful file.
Along the line I made a new … Continue reading
The nice UPS gal swooped in with a review DVD from First Run Films about the late Archbishop Oscar Romero. I’ll probably watch it tonight.
In our brief chat, I mentioned how impressed I was that UPS and FedEx can move everything … Continue reading
As you know, the plural of “anecdote” is “data”. And I have good “data” about the preferences of seminarians when it comes to the older or newer forms of the Roman Rite.
Bishops and others in formation of seminarians should take … Continue reading
Carl Olson at Catholic World Report has a good piece to which I direct your attention:
The CWR Blog
The Emptiness and Deceit of Cave-in “Catholicism”
March 21, 2012 06:20 EST
By Carl E. Olson
“The Bishops speak for the Catholic and apostolic faith, and those … Continue reading
From a reader:
With technology: iPads, iPods, iphones, Kindles, etc. I have noticed people listening to, I presume, music in the adoration chapel. Being humans, this sensual stimulation can bring us into deeper prayer.. is this appropriate to do during adoration? … Continue reading
Life got ya down? Irritated and depressed by the kulturkampf raging and the attacks of the Obama Administration on the freedom of all Americans?
I have written before about His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison. He … Continue reading
I noticed on the blog of His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan, who in his capacity as President of the USCCB has been called on to defend the rights of the Church in the midst of a deepening kulturkampf, a comment … Continue reading
I saw a swallow today, but they move pretty fast and wasn’t able to get a photo. I’ll try again later.
The sighting of a swallow at the turn of the time from winter to spring is particularly auspicious.
(Get the pun? … Continue reading