Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Polycarpio said As a lawyer, I appreciate the preference by some f...
- Mariana2 said Thank you, Father! Most salutary, the Sheen quote!...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father, wonderful post! Love Ablativus Abs...
- Dan said A quick bit of math: If the U.S.A have a populatio...
- excalibur said Working fine.
- PostCatholic said That data also correlates to the suggestion that t...
- Chon said Oops, correction, the article just said Yerby et a...
- The Daily Capybara & a Bit of Legend - BigPulpit.com said [...] S. Benitez Tolerance & Graciousness in t...
- Why Latin Mass Onlyists are Destroying the Latin Mass said [...] balanced and honorable Fr. Z also writes...
- majuscule said Thank you mamajen. You have put it into words much...
- Chon said Just found this …Sorry for the multiple post...
- Chon said Here’s another news source with a tiny bit m...
- Chon said Majuscule…if you click on the link Warren po...
- jameeka said Digress away, Father Z. You have surpassed yoursel...
- Franklinwasright said Thank you Father, I found this post to be very edi...
- PA mom said This is a very moving point he makes. It reminds...
- lsclerkin said Listened from the blog, here. Like cool, fresh wat...
- benedetta said So it’s OK for this guy to quote the leader...
- mamajen said I remember when Pope Francis was first elected, I...
- MaryofSharon said These LENTCAzT are the first Fr. Z podcasts to wh...
- LeeF said I find it very sad that so many faithful Catholics...
- benedetta said I pantaloni!
- benedetta said What to say about that percentage which identifies...
- Ben Kenobi said “There are plenty of people, too many in fac...
- Bosco said The man is both a coward and a quisling. In realit...
- McCall1981 said @Priam1184, Here’s one possible explanation....
- Ben Kenobi said “What could ever happen to reverse such a tr...
- my soul waits for you alone said Listening! Today’s message, blammo! Right be...
- lana said I find this Pope to be very Christ-like. All Pope...
- Priam1184 said I am very dubious about the 22% going to Confessio...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The demise of a Brutalist church
- ASK FATHER: Gelatin during Lent
- What does the TLM mean to you?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 21 March 2012
I had a note from someone suggesting that there is a report that Fr. John Trigilio may be been in some kind of traffic accident. (Vague, I know, but that is what I am working with.)
Many of you will have … Continue reading
By coincidence, three people wrote to me today about “Save the Liturgy – Save the World” swag. I was prompted to look at the old design and to create a better, more useful file.
Along the line I made a new … Continue reading
The nice UPS gal swooped in with a review DVD from First Run Films about the late Archbishop Oscar Romero. I’ll probably watch it tonight.
In our brief chat, I mentioned how impressed I was that UPS and FedEx can move everything … Continue reading
As you know, the plural of “anecdote” is “data”. And I have good “data” about the preferences of seminarians when it comes to the older or newer forms of the Roman Rite.
Bishops and others in formation of seminarians should take … Continue reading
Carl Olson at Catholic World Report has a good piece to which I direct your attention:
The CWR Blog
The Emptiness and Deceit of Cave-in “Catholicism”
March 21, 2012 06:20 EST
By Carl E. Olson
“The Bishops speak for the Catholic and apostolic faith, and those … Continue reading
From a reader:
With technology: iPads, iPods, iphones, Kindles, etc. I have noticed people listening to, I presume, music in the adoration chapel. Being humans, this sensual stimulation can bring us into deeper prayer.. is this appropriate to do during adoration? … Continue reading
Life got ya down? Irritated and depressed by the kulturkampf raging and the attacks of the Obama Administration on the freedom of all Americans?
I have written before about His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison. He … Continue reading
I noticed on the blog of His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan, who in his capacity as President of the USCCB has been called on to defend the rights of the Church in the midst of a deepening kulturkampf, a comment … Continue reading
I saw a swallow today, but they move pretty fast and wasn’t able to get a photo. I’ll try again later.
The sighting of a swallow at the turn of the time from winter to spring is particularly auspicious.
(Get the pun? … Continue reading