I have an odd problem. I am on the road and working from my laptop.
I can connect to the internet (I can upload and download with my FTP program).
I cannot view any page using Firefox, IE, Chrome, or Opera. However, Safari does work!
Using the aforementioned, I get
- Opera: Connection closed by remote server
- IE: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
- Firefox: The connection was reset
- Chrome: No data received Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
“But Father! But Father!”, some of you will say, “This is proof from on high that you should just get a Mac!”
I respond to such people that they should consult my “Get A Mac!” Fund link on the right side-bar of this blog and make a large donation.
UPDATE 6 March 13:53 GMT:
I fixed it.
I did a “restore” from a restore point two days ago.
Clearly some setting or other was changed or some update did a nefarious thing.
Everything seems to be back to normal.
I back things up frequently, regularly. I try to do some cleanup and tidying every Saturday morning. Thus, I have fairly frequent system restore points. They can be handy.