Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Bryan D. Boyle says: new antenna mast Yes. I am d...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Is that your new antenna mast you were looking to...
- Alaina said Fishwrap makes a call to preserve Catholic educati...
- THREEHEARTS said I find it so wryly amusing. So many acclaim Divine...
- pmullane said “Winters, who has been with the school for e...
- 10 More Things You Might Be Doing Wrong at Mass - EpicPew said […] be doing wrong at Mass. Without further...
- Kerry said In the book, A Bitter Trial, Evelyn Waugh and John...
- benedetta said I don’t have time to read it. I am just rea...
- Absit invidia said When, dear God, will the Church finally deal with...
- Mojoron said How hard is it to have a company remove the word &...
- WYMiriam said “Imagine the pushback and negative press a b...
- stephen c said Well, the very talented young lady has elsewhere d...
- Kathleen10 said Sorry. “see” = “we”.
- Kathleen10 said And a thousand “Amens” to your prayer,
- Kathleen10 said We are experiencing war on multiple fronts today,...
- frjim4321 said (not quite what I intended to type) I’m sorry … th...
- frjim4321 said I’m sorry … the site has acted a blog...
- Paulo said Folks, let’s face it. The enemy, the father of lie...
- Dialogos said You think that’s bad? At the Facebook page o...
- pannw said Now, unlike the fishwrap link in the new post, thi...
- Supertradmum said Thanks to all here who have helped with housing an...
- Supertradmum said It is most compassionate to point out to a brother...
- pannw said Amen. And no, I’m not going there to finish...
- JARay said Congratulations, especially on your prayer to St....
- Giuseppe said As Jon Stewart’s show winds down, last night...
- benedetta said You know, it’s interesting, just by way of f...
- WmHesch said #FirstWorldProblems haha. Glad to see it’s r...
- Gregory DiPippo said She uses the backs of bozos like Dawkins and Hitch...
- KnightOfTruth said Technology glitches take up sooo much of my time....
- iamlucky13 said “The quote was from Bishop Fulton J. Sheen....
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages (54)
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM (34)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (32)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER! (30)
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod (26)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (26)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (23)
- Liberals – unmasked (18)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (15)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (14)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER!
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM
- Friday Fun
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Demon-Kevlar and Sin-Teflon
- WDTPRS – 9th Sunday after Pentecost: God, absolutely distant, absolutely near
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days
- Wherein a friend is promoted!
- Happy 500th Birthday St. Philip Neri
- ASK FATHER: My husband abandoned me and our child
- Monthly donations: a request
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: March 2012
In the last couple weeks I have had posts about boys playing “Mass”, one had a great video, one had a photo I took of a photo at the funeral of a 60-year priest. Yesterday I posted in a review of … Continue reading
Federal judge rules as unconstitutional Catholic pro-life provisions in Trafficking Victims Prevention Act
From CNA: Pro-life provisions in US bishops’ grant ruled unconstitutional By Kevin J. Jones Washington D.C., Mar 28, 2012 / 04:08 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A federal judge sparked criticism after he ruled unconstitutional the government’s accommodation of pro-life beliefs in … Continue reading
In the pre-Conciliar Missale Romanum this prayer was the Collect of the 23rd Sunday after Pentecost. COLLECT Absolve, quaesumus, Domine, tuorum delicta populorum, ut a peccatorum nexibus, quae pro nostra fragilitate contraximus, tua benignitate liberemur. In the ancient Veronese Sacramentary our prayer … Continue reading
I just watched the movie Courageous, about some men who decide they will make a special commitment to be better men and good fathers. The context is Georgia and the milieu is decidedly Baptist, though one of the main characters … Continue reading
Some music to accompany my preliminary rant. Read while listening. [wp_youtube]TVjDP0vlem4[/wp_youtube] I have seen sharp criticisms launched by lay people against bishops whom they accuse of being weak in the public debate about Pres. Obama’s attacks on the religious … Continue reading
Via the estimable Laudator comes this nice Chinese poem, which touches on themes of fishing, quiet, moonlight, common to many of the verses of the Tang dynasty scholars. Wang Wei (699-759), To Subprefect Chang (tr. Irving Y. Lo): In late years, … Continue reading
From a reader: In recent days, I have heard it said a couple of times that praying the Stations of the Cross (in common) during Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament is not allowed. Is that true? Where is such a … Continue reading
ORIGINAL POST: 28 March 2247 GMT: Michael Voris has a new video about the use of the “Traditional Latin Mass”, the Extraordinary Form. After his travelogue, start paying attention about about 1:45. He speaks about the young people who are … Continue reading
Some recent posts as they scroll along. First, a request to everyone. Please use the social network sharing buttons early and often! CDF: Declaration on break away Greek “Catholic” group, excommunications ACTION ITEM: Entrusting the SSPX to Mary and imploring … Continue reading
I saw on FNC Bill Hemmer’s interview of two talking heads, Monica Crowley (conservative pundette) and Christopher Hahn (former aide to Sen. Chuck Schumer D-NY). I hope they post the video of this surprising exchange. The wonks were reacting to … Continue reading