- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Charivari Rob said “I haven’t been able to watch the video so I...
- Priam1184 said If the world had listened to Leo XIII in 1891 the...
- excalibur said Listening to them through iTunes on my old Powerbo...
- AnimatedCatholic said Also, I would like to apologize to you father. for...
- MangiaMamma said Well, the prayers are working here in Salem, Orego...
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father, for your prayers and thank you...
- AnimatedCatholic said my opinion is exactly the same as ChrisRawlings.
- Nan said @ASPMsem, I’ll pray for your latin studies t...
- Elizium23 said Father, with all due respect. It’s a Compact...
- Bea said For the record: Joel (before judgement/nowadays wh...
- Bea said I listened. Thank you Father Z. Ah, Thomas Kempis,...
- CatholicByChoice said Thank you for this post, it was very helpful to me...
- NickD said 30 first Masses in 33 years…what glory is given to...
- GOR said I had been looking for an ‘industrial strength’ Ro...
- NickD said To answer Father’s request for better Latin,...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Elizabeth, church violence could be even more rare...
- anna 6 said I do hope that Pope Francis is having a positive e...
- AnAmericanMother said Thank you. Glad to be able to listen to these agai...
- Therese said Coren is very, very good. (Amen!)
- Lin said Thank you Father! Your podcasts are very much app...
- AnAmericanMother said Elizabeth, Fires in the home are relatively rare,...
- Venerator Sti Lot said As far as I know, ” Mr. Mandela is justly ad...
- tcreek said Legisperitus, I am surprised that you and others d...
- Hans said No actually, robtbrown, the intention to continue...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Uncle Blobb, Well, quite! But in this case the alt...
- Minnesotan from Florida said I am glad to learn from the previous posters facts...
- Uxixu said Elizabeth, why do you conflate bearing arms with a...
- Vecchio di Londra said Thank you so much, Father. Your readings from the...
- Elizabeth D said It is RARE that there is some kind of violence in...
- Elizabeth D said Uxixu wrote: “Elizabeth, it’s about the prin...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Rosetta Stone 50% just for a few more hours
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: March 2012
From VIS and Vatican Radio (Bolletino in Italian):
CDF issues declaration on canonical status of “so-called Greek-Catholic bishops of Pidhirci”
Given below is the text of a declaration issued today by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith concerning the canonical status … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!
From the SSPX comes a Communiqué asking for prayers.
Communiqué from the General House of the Society of Saint Pius X
Since the meeting on March 16, 2012, with Cardinal William Levada, Prefect of the Congregation for the … Continue reading
Last night His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan was on with Bill O’Reilly on FNC. O’Reilly actually let him get a word in.
This is the first part of the interview. I understand that the rest of it will be posted elsewhere. … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have never worried about the words of absolution in confession before, but after coming to know that many of your readers worry about whether or not their sins have been forgiven due to the form variations, it … Continue reading
I have been waiting for the video of the closing “liturgy” of the L.A. Three Days of Darkness … Religious Ed Congress.
In looking for it, I found a video of a talk by my friend the nearly ubiquitous John L. … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!Fr. Bugnini’s cutters and pasters, the experts of the Consilium, drew today’s Collect out of a prayer in the ancient Gelasian Sacramentary for the Saturday (Feria VII, yes, 7th – unusual to our eyes ) of the Fifth Week … Continue reading
I revamped the “Save The Liturgy – Save The World” mug design (leaving the old one in place as an option). I decided to split the text and place the two parts on the front and back and make the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr Z
Until today, I had not been to confession (and therefore not taken Communion) this calendar year. My spiritual life was decaying and I was “lapsing”, having lost trust and hope in the saving grace of the … Continue reading