Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said Gladiarix, Interestingly postulated! And if Henry...
- Ben's son said Monsignor read the lyrics to Harry Chapin’s...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. said that we can never think our sins are so t...
- The Cobbler said Jonah succeeds in convincing all Nineveh to repent...
- SKAY said My apologies arrowsmith-it was Georgetown who cove...
- Fr Martin Fox said I’m visiting Florida for retreat, and this i...
- Phil_NL said “When is enough, enough?” A question t...
- ts said Well, being the 3rd Sunday after Epiphany and the...
- Rachel K said I have to agree with you, pannw, that we are in tr...
- Gail F said You will all enjoy this piece from the satiric sit...
- WmHesch said On the road for business and visited the FSSP pari...
- Bea said We should treat everyone alike; Friends or foes. G...
- Gladiatrix said It wasn’t Richard III’s death that led...
- benedetta said In Jesus’ time, lepers’ movements were...
- JFoushee said I look for you every time I fly. Our paths did cr...
- chris_R said In the 1962 calendar Gospel today: Mt. 8:1-13 Our...
- pannw said williamjm says: And what’s that saying we have dow...
- Per Signum Crucis said A small point but readers will perhaps appreciate...
- tnconvert said I am in a similar situation where the parish pries...
- BarefootPilgrim said The good point from today’s sermon is that J...
- Andrew Saucci said The priest, apparently from Boston, used the them...
- andia said The Mass I went to today ( I posted earlier about...
- Indulgentiam said Well…that you were not able to provide a sin...
- Prayerful said The only interaction with Islam should be to work...
- ChrisRawlings said NO Mass. We’re shocked by the many young peo...
- gramma10 said Yep Error is everywhere. Lies and deceit are every...
- Mike said Following on this past week’s anniversary of...
- gramma10 said I love Pope Francis’s idiomatic way! I looke...
- lmgilbert said Perhaps the Lord is saying to Europe, “Disen...
- AM said Drawing from the story of the repentance of Nineve...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- “Namore of this, for Goddes dignitee … Thy drasty riming is nat worth a toord!”
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- “Don’t tell me you don’t wish to fight; for the moment you tell me that, you are already fighting.”
- Undeveloped photos from WWII found
- Travel altar cards for TLM – special sale
- Holy Communion at mega Mass in Manila – POLLS
- “Five Revealing Details” about Pope Francis
- Have Catholic Democrats heard Pope Francis’ denunciation of same-sex stuff?
- ITALY: Muslims smash, urinate on statue of Mary
- ACTION ITEM – POLL – Card. Burke on Church becoming “feminized” UPDATE
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 9 May 2012
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB, reacts to Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB on Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions as if they were marriage.
From the site of the USCCB with my emphases:
Cardinal Dolan: President Obama’s Remarks On Marriage ‘Deeply Saddening’
May 9, 2012
WASHINGTON—Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of … Continue reading
I was pretty irritated today by Pres. Obama’s cynical political statement, which undermines the bonds of society. Even though he stated – once upon a time – that in his presidency there wouldn’t be a “red” America or “blue” America, … Continue reading
Obama the Theologian invokes Christ while endorsing unnatural sexual acts, same-sex “marriage”. Fr. Z rants.
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
With the endorsement of the amendment for the State Constitution of North Carolina, I thought that the true “ground zero” for the same-sex debate would now be Minnesota. It will also now be every ballot … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate, always on top of these things, has this:
Bp. Arrieta Ochoa, of “Legislative Texts”:
“No doctrinal problems with SSPX; we were able to clarify them”
The Secretary of the Pontifical Council for the Interpretation of Legislative Texts, Bishop Juan … Continue reading
From the Laudator comes this insight into the matter of translation:
Guy Davenport (1927-2005), “Another Odyssey,” in The Geography of the Imagination (San Francisco: North Point Press, 1981), pp. 29-44 (at 34):
Translation involves two languages; the translator is in constant danger … Continue reading
Catholic League on National Catholic Fishwrap’s insults to US Bishops, Holy See (or “Dog Bites Man”, “Sun Rises At Dawn”, etc.)
From The Catholic League:
BISHOPS ACCUSED OF “THOUGHT CONTROL”
May 9, 2012
The following comment against the Vatican and the bishops, made in response to concerns over the Leadership Conference of Women Religious [LCWR, a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns], is taken … Continue reading
Far and wide in the USA we hear about dioceses that are – allegedly – “forced” to close parishes.
Perhaps another approach to those moribund parishes could be tried before closing them.
Here is an interesting “brick by brick” story from Ottawa.
With … Continue reading
Catholics need to learn better how to use the new media, new tools of social communication, and social networking.
(On that score, I renew my appeal that you please use early and often the sharing buttons on these entries. Thanks!)
I saw … Continue reading