When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- chantgirl said Breibart has an article outlining the next moves o...
- Elizabeth D said If a Jesuit comes to the pews to shake your hand,...
- Supertradmum said If one goes once a week or once every two weeks, a...
- Sonshine135 said May the last words out of my mouth be, “Lord...
- JimP said A Jesuit temporarily in residence at our parish do...
- Supertradmum said Sorry, many folks here, but politics cannot change...
- Grateful to be Catholic said More than a century ago, Hilaire Belloc researched...
- Dienekes said THIS: The best single thing would be to get the go...
- Venerator Sti Lot said To Dennis Martin’s observations about the ...
- jameeka said wow. ineffable.
- KateD said I’m with Kathleen10- We are one cowboy away...
- lsclerkin said Dennis Martin, You get it. I think you’ve ...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said I was reading the title of the post and . . . said...
- Kerry said From Charles Rice’s book Contraception and P...
- Charlie Cahill said My grandmother,back on the farm,made use of a pota...
- MouseTemplar said Woody79– I believe a lot of this is about Sa...
- Andrew Saucci said At daily Mass, when in some cases more than one sa...
- Catholicman said With great respect to Cardinal George, I don’...
- Andrew Saucci said I wish I could find a nearby planet and watch the...
- Latin Mass Type said You know, the picture at the top of this post remi...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said That was tremendously eloquent and spot on, Dennis...
- Woody79 said Well I suspect that Timothy McVeigh may have been...
- Elizabeth D said This is a very depressing comment thread. I wish I...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear iamlucky13, I agree completely. There is no w...
- Dennis Martin said Kathleen10 No president can change the trajectory....
- Denis Crnkovic said Here is the “uniencoded” version. Tha...
- Dennis Martin said Boniface, You should read up on the cases in Orego...
- acricketchirps said Fr. Jim?
- mburn16 said “Now is the time for the Church to get out o...
- Kathleen10 said In the US anyway, I wonder what the election of a...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Tolerance is over
- Foot washing on Holy Thursday. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Spem in allium
- Whan That Aprille Day 2015
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday of Holy Week – UPDATED
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s blessings by telephone
- ASK FATHER: Mini homilies at the beginning of Mass
- ASK FATHER: Communion twice on Good Friday?
- Just Too Cool: Time Lapse video of decorating a church for Easter
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “among so many adversities”
- ASK FATHER: Confessor interrupted and I didn’t get to confess everything
- Lying about Card. Burke
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday of Holy Week
- ASK FATHER: Abstinence from meat difficult when living in parents’ home
- “Pause” for a moment to see Michael Voris’ new project
- Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
- ASK FATHER: “Mass” with no Collect, readings, etc., but lots of made up stuff
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 9 May 2012
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB, reacts to Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB on Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions as if they were marriage.
From the site of the USCCB with my emphases:
Cardinal Dolan: President Obama’s Remarks On Marriage ‘Deeply Saddening’
May 9, 2012
WASHINGTON—Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of … Continue reading
I was pretty irritated today by Pres. Obama’s cynical political statement, which undermines the bonds of society. Even though he stated – once upon a time – that in his presidency there wouldn’t be a “red” America or “blue” America, … Continue reading
Obama the Theologian invokes Christ while endorsing unnatural sexual acts, same-sex “marriage”. Fr. Z rants.
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
With the endorsement of the amendment for the State Constitution of North Carolina, I thought that the true “ground zero” for the same-sex debate would now be Minnesota. It will also now be every ballot … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate, always on top of these things, has this:
Bp. Arrieta Ochoa, of “Legislative Texts”:
“No doctrinal problems with SSPX; we were able to clarify them”
The Secretary of the Pontifical Council for the Interpretation of Legislative Texts, Bishop Juan … Continue reading
From the Laudator comes this insight into the matter of translation:
Guy Davenport (1927-2005), “Another Odyssey,” in The Geography of the Imagination (San Francisco: North Point Press, 1981), pp. 29-44 (at 34):
Translation involves two languages; the translator is in constant danger … Continue reading
Catholic League on National Catholic Fishwrap’s insults to US Bishops, Holy See (or “Dog Bites Man”, “Sun Rises At Dawn”, etc.)
From The Catholic League:
BISHOPS ACCUSED OF “THOUGHT CONTROL”
May 9, 2012
The following comment against the Vatican and the bishops, made in response to concerns over the Leadership Conference of Women Religious [LCWR, a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns], is taken … Continue reading
Far and wide in the USA we hear about dioceses that are – allegedly – “forced” to close parishes.
Perhaps another approach to those moribund parishes could be tried before closing them.
Here is an interesting “brick by brick” story from Ottawa.
With … Continue reading
Catholics need to learn better how to use the new media, new tools of social communication, and social networking.
(On that score, I renew my appeal that you please use early and often the sharing buttons on these entries. Thanks!)
I saw … Continue reading