- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- aviva meriam said Color your responses appropriate and a sign of a...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Andrew Saucci says: First, for what it’s worth, “...
- B16_Fan said Yep. They are bad, but the ones I am most tired of...
- Netmilsmom said We ditched the cable 7 years ago. We watch our Ro...
- Facta Non Verba said Not a fan of the commercial for “No Nos̶...
- Netmilsmom said Being from a parish where kneeling for communion i...
- ocleirbj said I’m listening on the blog, it comes through...
- rcg said This is a tasty soup. I use a submersible blender...
- JonPatrick said Haven’t watched TV since the Red Sox were in...
- Jim of Bowie said Listening today through the plug in on this post,...
- Andreas said I fear that a great deal of television broadcastin...
- Facta Non Verba said I listened through the plug in on this post. It i...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in…. Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Listening on the blog. Thanks, Father!
- bernadettem said It is a general tradition in all Ordinariate/Angli...
- teomatteo said Father Z. Do you have/used a handheld ‘stick...
- Priam1184 said Just to clarify: the qualities I listed above are...
- Priam1184 said Yup all women turned into sl… and men transf...
- MikeM said I think that some of you might be missing what the...
- Dienekes said I spent a year over in Southeast Asia in 66-67. In...
- Siculum said Got it! Good morning one and all! Blessed Feast...
- Siculum said I love this blog, and most of the commenters are j...
- Siculum said The stat counter seems to have been working for th...
- smittyjr63 said TV annoys me, period. I avoid it at all costs. So...
- Joe of St Thérèse said This constant lauding by the world is nauseating…L...
- HighMass said If being Person of the Year is about the impact th...
- Nan said Oh, and Father? You could always work on your Roma...
- anna 6 said And have you noticed that it isn’t even R...
- Hans said The mute button is proof that God loves us and wan...
- Suburbanbanshee said There are quite a few other references to derramad...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 10 May 2012
The Cardinal Newman Society has this about Georgetown University’s invitation of HHS Sec. Kathleen Sebelius, supporter of Tiller the late-term abortionist, the President’s pointman in the attack on the Church’s and on freedom of religion, the architect of forcing Catholic … Continue reading
From the Catholic League:
THE NEW ABNORMAL
May 10, 2012
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows:
The new normal is yesterday’s abnormal: what was seen as bizarre, if not literally crazy, is now seen as normal. The converse is also true: those … Continue reading
Pelosi: Her Catholic Faith ‘Compels’ Her to Support Same-Sex Marriage
By Christopher Goins
May 10, 2012
Subscribe to Christopher Goins’s posts
(CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that her Catholic faith “compels” her to “be against discrimination of any … Continue reading
On the site of The Hill we read that during the upcoming Democrat convention, in which they will re-nominate the Evolver-in-Chief, the dems will try to insert a plank in the platform, probably the lower part of the platform, calling for … Continue reading
The 11 year cycle of magnetic forces within the Sun is producing more and larger conditions for solar flares and coronal mass ejections, blasts of charged particles that rocket away from the Sun at millions of miles per hour.
SOLAR … Continue reading
Many of the figures in the Old Testament are commemorated by Holy Church as saints.
Here is the entry in the 2005 Martyrologium Romanum:
1. Commemoratio sancti Iob, admirandae patientiae viri in terra Hus.
Yesterday in my post asking you to “follow” Cardinal Dolan on Twitter (@CardinalDolan) another Cardinal’s Twitter account was mentioned: @CardinalNapier.
On Twitter Card. Napier reacted to Pres. Obama’s unnatural sex evolution:
Cardinal Napier (@CardinalNapier)
5/9/12 11:42 PM
Obama on same sex “marriage” begs question: … Continue reading
Benedict XVI: A Decree about Heroic Virtues and the extension of a Saint’s cult to the universal Church
The cause for beatification of a Servant of God important for the north-central United States had a big step forward today.
I read in the Bolletino today that His Holiness of our Lord promulgated a decree from the Congregation for the … Continue reading