You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Absit invidia said The girls are occupying space that would otherwise...
- Rachel Gohlman said I am a woman. What I have noticed is that more of...
- Rachel Gohlman said Yes, the Novus Ordo needs to be the way it was int...
- Neil Addison said Here in England the tradition seems to be Red Cass...
- kiwitrad said I went to a Mass for the local school recently. T...
- The Sicilian Woman said Thanks all for sharing your good news! This threa...
- vetusta ecclesia said I have observed that it is common practice in Pola...
- The Sicilian Woman said VexillaRegis, that is a fine brigade of saints you...
- Helier said All 3 of my children have been altar servers ̵...
- Bob B. said Being a Catholic school teacher, I always felt it...
- Dave N. said @Robbie I only recently turned 36 so my history of...
- sciencemom said OrthodoxChick - Again, I’d recommend TigerDi...
- Norah said Jeannie_C said: Breaking open the Word is as impor...
- Chuck3030 said I have had experiences primarily in two parishes/a...
- Laura Lea said I have a great fear of committing this sin. I rea...
- Kieninger said As pastor of a large parish where altar girls were...
- M. K. said The parish I grew up in during the 1980s and early...
- Elizabeth M said mamajen – Congratulations! Last Sunday my...
- StJude said My car which I rely on for work developed a horrib...
- Elizabeth M said I remember years ago attending a TLM at a SSXP cha...
- StJude said Chaplet of the Divine Mercy said for you all. For...
- RCOkie said For all those affected by the tornadoes in the las...
- robtbrown said APX says: If we really want to blame the lack of v...
- maryh said @APX If we really want to blame the lack of vocati...
- maryh said @Catholictothecore That’s not going to work....
- cyejbv said This is purely anecdotal: my 15 year old son was...
- JacobWall said For anyone following the Ontario “Gay-school...
- APX said If we really want to blame the lack of vocations o...
- Suburbanbanshee said For discernment of God’s will, now that I...
- kneeler said Three things! 1) I have 4 acres of grass to mow, a...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 11 May 2012
I have been praying for a positive outcome for the SSPX with the Holy Father. I think I will add some fasting. I will also say a votive Mass of the Holy Spirit soon for this intention.
From CNS. Notice … Continue reading
I was living in Rome when the Euro was introduced. I cursed the day, the Euro, and the inflation it caused, knowing well that it would bring nothing good.
Not long ago I read that Spain may be quietly printing their … Continue reading
There is a lot going on!
Here are links to recent posts that are scrolling along.
A great coup for the National Shrine of St Paul, in St. Paul, Minnesota! WDTPRS kudos!
WDTPRS Collect 6th Sunday of Easter – “busy love”
It’s Friday. Start … Continue reading
UPDATE: The coup is bigger than I originally thought.
People can now gain the same indulgences by visiting the National Shrine as they can by visiting the Roman Basilica St. Paul’s outside-the-walls.
This is truly a “Brick by Brick” story!
I read a … Continue reading
Here is this week’s Collect, for the 6th Sunday of Easter:
Fac nos, omnipotens Deus, hos laetitiae dies, quos in honorem Domini resurgentis exsequimur, affectu sedulo celebrare, ut quod recordatione percurrimus semper in opere teneamus.
This is glued together from bits and … Continue reading
Since it is Friday, I suggest that you start thinking about going to confession on Saturday. Make a plan.
Most of you have the motive, means and opportunity to go to confession regularly. Saturday is often your best time to go.
Your … Continue reading
Long-time lax catholics may not enjoy the resection and sutures the physicians of the CDF and the USCCB are applying to certain groups within Holy Church, but, as St. Augustine once preached, a doctor doesn’t stop cutting just because the … Continue reading
When I saw this video my first thought was, “What is this? Tolkien?”
Perhaps it is.
The Silmarillion and The Lord of the Rings present a seemingly hopeless struggle against evil. The protagonists were constantly challenged to overcome their limitations, make sacrificial … Continue reading