Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- C N said @Catholic Student-at-Law: My husband and I are cur...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Thanks to Daniel W for his very perceptive transla...
- lelnet said It’s weird. I’ve been to some out-ther...
- Absit invidia said Does Pope Francis not think his “covert ops&...
- trespinos said Let me just focus on the only fact that has been c...
- Charles E Flynn said This goes to show that even if your hobby is readi...
- oklip955 said Can you also include prayers for more vocations to...
- William Tighe said Such heavy weather on this thread about “tak...
- Peggy R said Fortunato! I just read “The Cask of Amantill...
- Justalurkingfool said This is directed toward Father Fox and other pries...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Fr. M Fox, Right! tcreek, “Is it a sin to pr...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “I said Mass at the tomb of St. Philip Neri...
- benedetta said Had caprese too. Not like that though. Campari is...
- Mike said Excellent news! I am glad you are there safely. I...
- Marcus de Alameda said JonathanCatholic, “incredibly frustrated wit...
- Joy said I always look forward to the pictures you post whe...
- Mike said “At some point, adult Catholics must accept...
- Fr Martin Fox said sw85 says (23 April 2014 at 1:15 pm): ‘We sh...
- momoften said Safe and wonderful journey Father-may God Bless Yo...
- everett said VARoman, in speaking with the priests regarding ad...
- Supertradmum said PPS and I am convinced that God not only tells the...
- The ‘cold calling’ pope | The Washington Observer said [...] than anxious with a new pope during a initia...
- Supertradmum said BTW, sems have told me that their own moms did not...
- Supertradmum said APX, the question is not about knowledge only but...
- jameeka said Thank you, this was so uplifting as I was driving...
- APX said Profling, There is no such thing as being a “...
- Supertradmum said Private prophecies are not infallible teachings of...
- benedetta said elixir.
- HeatherPA said The desecration of the meaning of the Sacrament of...
- Supertradmum said PS I know personally a vocations director in an Am...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 52: Easter Friday – Mystery of passover is new and old
- Rome: Day 1 – settling back into it
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 51: Easter Thursday – You who arrive only at the eleventh hour
- My View For Awhile: Meandering to Roma – Part 2
- Confusion in Telegraph story about Francis and divorce/remarriage
- ASK FATHER: Spouse unwilling to seek convalidation of marriage.
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 50: Easter Wednesday – You are like a new colony of bees
- WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- The Feeder Feed: Old Chasuble Edition
- The key to increasing vocations
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 49: Easter Tuesday – Finding the bones of St. Paul
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 24 May 2012
On the site of The Guardian there is a ridiculous piece the clueless Victoria Bekiempis about the CDF’s reforming efforts regarding the Leadership Conference of Women’s Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns, indeed, the Nuns gone WILD!).
I … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Chaplain barred from celebrating Mass in South Carolina jail
A Catholic chaplain has been told that he cannot celebrate Mass in a South Carolina jail.
Msgr. Ed Lofton, who had been celebrating Mass at Charleston County jail for 15 … Continue reading
The excellent Becket Fund for Religious Liberty has a great timeline on their site about the HHS mandate, along with a detailed list of plaintiffs against the Obama Administration.
HHS Mandate Timeline:
August, 2011, Federal government issues a regulation requiring that all group … Continue reading
Have you read Dinesh D’Souza’s The Roots of Obama’s Rage? (UK HERE and KINDLE)
There is a film based on the book coming, 2016, a projection of America after four more years of an Obama presidency.
He is finally being vetted by … Continue reading
I saw this on the blog Catholic Church Conservation:
Yes, this is an exageration, but there is a grain of truth in it, no?
A while back I read a comment that if some members of the SSPX have turned Vatican II … Continue reading
I received a note from my friend Fr. Trigilio about the upcoming annual meeting of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy:
WHEN: JULY 31 – AUGUST 3
WHERE: Cardinal Stritch Retreat House in Mundelein, IL
WHO: All Catholic priests, deacons and seminarians
Paying for a … Continue reading
I reposted posted the Daily Offering to the Immaculate Heart of Mary as a page
I would be pleased if you went there every day and also used the sharing buttons on that page every day.
Ask our Blessed Mother Mother for … Continue reading
Day of Prayer for the Church in China
Thursday, May 24th is a day dedicated in a special way to the liturgical memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians, venerated with great devotion at the Shrine of Sheshan … Continue reading
I wanted to add a follow up to this: MINNESOTA READERS – WDTPRS POLL
For November 2012 there is on the ballot in Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman.
Minnesota … Continue reading
First, many thanks to those of you who are sending greetings for my anniversary of ordination (26 May 1991). Your prayers and sentiments are appreciated.
Here are links to some recent posts, which scroll off pretty quickly.
Benedict XVI: “So many of … Continue reading