Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- SKAY said Praying for you Father.
- Cathy said Lord Jesus, I pray this day that Father Zuhlsdorf,...
- Mr. Green said Cajuncath: The pope has made a crop of disturbing...
- Uxixu said I’ve been reading the Rule of the Templars w...
- Uxixu said Though I suppose they ARE a barrier, though I gues...
- Uxixu said @Wiktor my parish (built in 1960) has a marble alt...
- Patrick-K said Don’t overextend yourself. Have a hot whiske...
- Mr. Green said Fr. Z: But don’t trumpet the fact and don’t look...
- LeslieL said Ahhh….I’m sorry. Certainly sending pr...
- lsclerkin said Just prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet for you. In L...
- Mr. Green said CrimsonCatholic: Why do so many Catholics read eve...
- APX said iudicame, Fasting is pointless if by doing so it m...
- Montenegro said Will do!
- Eugene said Just said a Hail Mary on your behalf Father. Pleas...
- McCall1981 said As always, you have my prayers. Hope you feel bett...
- UncleBlobb said Praying here, and get well soon, Father dear.
- frjim4321 said I would concede that it is an improvement although...
- yatzer said Of course, fervent prayers for you.
- frjim4321 said ” … exclusive presence … “
- lsclerkin said Confession Stations Holy Mass (TLM) rosary Holy Ho...
- tbakker said frjim4321 Oh, by the way, in which paragraph of t...
- Philippa Martyr said PS I note with approval that the comfy chairs have...
- Philippa Martyr said A restoration, not a wreckovation! Huzzah! People...
- Mr. Green said Wolfeken: At some point we need to stop blaming “t...
- frjim4321 said Clever. Donohue (the phony expert) quotes the Joh...
- jhayes said Here are the 1979 CDF “Observations” o...
- pannw said His book, Human Sexuality, suspended all moral jud...
- Mike said Couldn’t use the popup in either IE or Chrom...
- Obumbrabit said Plugin got stuck so I downloaded it, but even that...
- Obumbrabit said I am listening every day. Thank you Father.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 24 May 2012
On the site of The Guardian there is a ridiculous piece the clueless Victoria Bekiempis about the CDF’s reforming efforts regarding the Leadership Conference of Women’s Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns, indeed, the Nuns gone WILD!).
I … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Chaplain barred from celebrating Mass in South Carolina jail
A Catholic chaplain has been told that he cannot celebrate Mass in a South Carolina jail.
Msgr. Ed Lofton, who had been celebrating Mass at Charleston County jail for 15 … Continue reading
The excellent Becket Fund for Religious Liberty has a great timeline on their site about the HHS mandate, along with a detailed list of plaintiffs against the Obama Administration.
HHS Mandate Timeline:
August, 2011, Federal government issues a regulation requiring that all group … Continue reading
Have you read Dinesh D’Souza’s The Roots of Obama’s Rage? (UK HERE and KINDLE)
There is a film based on the book coming, 2016, a projection of America after four more years of an Obama presidency.
He is finally being vetted by … Continue reading
I saw this on the blog Catholic Church Conservation:
Yes, this is an exageration, but there is a grain of truth in it, no?
A while back I read a comment that if some members of the SSPX have turned Vatican II … Continue reading
I received a note from my friend Fr. Trigilio about the upcoming annual meeting of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy:
WHEN: JULY 31 – AUGUST 3
WHERE: Cardinal Stritch Retreat House in Mundelein, IL
WHO: All Catholic priests, deacons and seminarians
Paying for a … Continue reading
I reposted posted the Daily Offering to the Immaculate Heart of Mary as a page
I would be pleased if you went there every day and also used the sharing buttons on that page every day.
Ask our Blessed Mother Mother for … Continue reading
Day of Prayer for the Church in China
Thursday, May 24th is a day dedicated in a special way to the liturgical memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians, venerated with great devotion at the Shrine of Sheshan … Continue reading
I wanted to add a follow up to this: MINNESOTA READERS – WDTPRS POLL
For November 2012 there is on the ballot in Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman.
Minnesota … Continue reading
First, many thanks to those of you who are sending greetings for my anniversary of ordination (26 May 1991). Your prayers and sentiments are appreciated.
Here are links to some recent posts, which scroll off pretty quickly.
Benedict XVI: “So many of … Continue reading