Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Bryan D. Boyle said Contact the ham who sent it to you, and compose on...
- Vecchio di Londra said Suppose the Synod were to uphold the Church’...
- TWF said Robbie: Synods have always been essential to the g...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said GO TO CONFESSION! Scheduled a Confession for tomor...
- LeeF said The most important point that Card. Pell points ou...
- Clinton R. said I pray otherwise, but one does feel a major schism...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said “tolerated by not accepted” That’s a very in...
- excalibur said Sad, but there is much too much of this under Fran...
- CradleRevert said Wow. Just wow. The image that immediately pops int...
- Cosmos said If we are going to look at history, isn’t th...
- SimonDodd said Kasper is irked that none of his brother cardinals...
- pannw said Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth:...
- Eriugena said The Ordo prepared by a young mathematician called...
- Allan S. said I cannot but think of how often we, as students of...
- Robbie said A church ruled by committee, or in this case a syn...
- KateD said According to Wikipedia the Sovereign Military Orde...
- Matthias1 said Funny enough, just this morning I lectured on earl...
- Landless Laborer said On a positive note, the synod will bring clarity....
- Imrahil said Indeed, dear rswain. But, were it not for the here...
- ChrisRawlings said By the way, Fr. Z., do you still stand by your ear...
- ChrisRawlings said I’m also utterly over the mainstream media...
- rswain said I have no problem with the messiness that Synods p...
- Parochus said “Bellarminus” is the Latinized form of...
- Siculum said What if they stick Burke in CDW (or its re-grouped...
- McCall1981 said Is this Card Kasper saying that the Pope agrees wi...
- Bosco said @robtbrown, I agree with your linkage of the book...
- marcelus said danhorse says: 17 September 2014 at 9:29 pm I doub...
- jbosco88 said I would pray more for the Pope… But we all k...
- Greenbean950 said Perhaps church authority less like that which the...
- Marissa said As to these high school youth: studies show that t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 25 May 2012
A while back there was a dippy filmette about wymynprysts “Pink Smoke Over the Vatican” inspired by an equally dippy column in the Bakersfield Californian by one Valerie Schultz, a board member of CSUB’s Institute for Religion, Education, and Public … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: If we have to agree with Vatican II do we have to agree with Communion in the hand, altar girls, EMHCs, etc?
From a reader:
I’m wondering what type of assent are we as Catholics supposed to give
to the Vatican II council? Also do we have an obligation to agree with
things like Communion in the hand, and other parts in the liturgy that
are … Continue reading
I have an obligation as an Unreconstructed Ossified Manualist to remind (or in many cases teach) you about something before the big Memorial Day (PENTECOST) weekend.
The manualist I sometimes cite, Fr. Adolphe Tanquerey, writes about temptation in The Spiritual Life. … Continue reading
On the right sidebar, I have quite a few links to posts, even those which have scrolled off the front page. But here are some for your convenience (especially for those of you sending me email about things I have … Continue reading
From a son-to-be ordained deacon:
Many years ago, as I was beginning in seminary, I made a private vow to the Blessed Virgin that I would offer the first liturgically free Mass in her honor if she would help me to … Continue reading
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli of La Stampa:
Vatican announces it has caught poison pen letter writer
The culprit is allegedly the Pope’s butler, a layman. But doubts are growing in the Holy See
The Vatican Gendarmerie’s inquiry into the publication … Continue reading
I recently received from the UK-based Catholic Truth Society, a copy of their Manual of Minor Exorcisms – For the use of Priests.
And excellent.. excellent… gift for a priest or a transitional deacon about to be ordained (less so for … Continue reading
From a reader for your Just Too Cool file:
Anglo-Saxon Window Glass Discovered at Glastonbury Abbey (Somerset)
New research led by the University of Reading has revealed that finds at Glastonbury Abbey provide the earliest archaeological evidence for glass-making in Britain.
Professor Roberta … Continue reading
I hope by now you have watched the Catholic News Service videos about the SSPX.
Meanwhile, in my native place of Minnesota – ground zero for defense of true marriage – comes this!
WARNING! The light reflected from all that gray hair … Continue reading