Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- J Kusske said I’m heading in to Divine Liturgy at the Russ...
- acardnal said Fr. Z, et al, do not forget to set your clock one...
- MaryAgnesLamb said Just saw this, Father, so prayers commencing now!
- JNVA said Thank you, Father!
- Dave N. said What’s “left to fix” are the bis...
- JoyfulMom7 said Sub tuum praesidium confugimus, Sancta Dei Genetri...
- Cantor said Forgive my bluntness, but Mr. Donahue’s cont...
- Bea said Prayers for you . Take care of yourself, Father. C...
- jflare said jhayes, Whether the USCCB-approved report admit to...
- Vecchio di Londra said The Download link usually works reliably on Google...
- pj_houston said You know the pornographication of our culture is...
- Luvadoxi said Praying Father! What Patrick-K said. Rest as muc...
- Elizium23 said I believe in the tenets of our Church. It’s...
- Minnesotan from Florida said This has been a most enlightening thread, although...
- Scott W. said Well let’s see. –Buffalo got Bp. Malo...
- Vecchio di Londra said Get Well Soon, Father. Psalm 29 said just now for...
- VARoman said I am also blessed to be in the Diocese of Arlingto...
- RJ Sciurus said Ironically, one of Bishop Finn’s first initi...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, “I wonder if the omission of t...
- Hans said It’s lovely. Then again, it’s not too...
- Art said Done!
- Elizium23 said Hey guys, can’t the EF be offered at a frees...
- MaryW said Memorares offered for your speedy recovery, Father...
- robtbrown said jflare says: Um, frjim, what do you mean by “reser...
- Siculum said @New Sister: That so? Bishop Loverde confirmed me...
- iudicame said APX, “Fasting is pointless if by doing so it...
- Monica said Good to hear that Bishop Loverde will include this...
- Makemeaspark said Thank you father, worked pretty good, stopped twic...
- New Sister said @ acardnal – I am sorry you had to move away...
- New Sister said Abp Loverde gives the same homily at each Confirma...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: May 2012
In your charity will you stop and pray for this man?
Restrictions in place for bishop’s funeral
Officials say ‘no’ to honoring status of Changzhi prelate who died last week
ucanews.com reporter, Changzhi
May 30, 2012Government officials have barred the Church community from … Continue reading
From a reader:
I make frequent use of the Sacrament of Penance and have a regular confessor. It’s always “anonymous,” but not anonymous. It’s awkward. The priest knows it’s me, but when he’s giving counsel he gets caught up on trying come up with … Continue reading
Via Sancte Pater comes this from Inquisitr:
(The Inquisitr) The people of Saudi Arabia are furious with the McDonald’s fast food chain for a toy which they say desecrates the name of Muhammed, the prophet of Islam. They are demanding retribution.
According to … Continue reading
The “Law of the Sea” Treaty (LOST) would, if ratified by the Senate, undermine U.S. sovereignty. LOST is also called the “United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.” It would give huge power over many spheres of America trade … Continue reading
Space Weather News for May 29, 2012
ASTEROID FLYBY: A small asteroid is flying past Earth today inside the orbit of geosynchronous satellites and only 14,000 km above the surface of our planet. Named “2012 KT42,” the 3- to 10-meter … Continue reading
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has been doing their job. They have published … get that? … published… something that has been around awhile.
“Norms regarding the manner of proceeding in the discernment of presumed apparitions or revelations”
From … Continue reading
Denver has a new Archbishop: His Excellency Most Rev. Samuel Aquila, formerly of Fargo.
We have read about him quite a few times here.
You may remember that during this round of ad limina visits, the Holy Father received well certain propositions … Continue reading
More beautiful art from Daniel Mitsui! Five new color prints, including Pentecost, Christ the High Priest (think “ordination gifts”!)
I have written several times about the art of Daniel Mitsui.
For Mr. Mitsui’s site click HERE.
He has sent me a few more things, this time from a series of drawings for the Holy See’s Vox Clara Committee (the translation liaison … Continue reading
According to the older, traditional Roman calendar, today is Tuesday in the Octave of Pentecost.
The octave of Pentecost was lamentably killed off by the cutters and snippers of the Consilium in the post-Conciliar reform of the Roman liturgy.
Here is an … Continue reading