- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- lana said May I add a fourth recommendation? Do not bad-mou...
- Gemma said Ditto. Thank you “irish -italian mom”....
- gloriainexcelsis said In October the Apostolic Nuncio in France, Luigi V...
- OrthodoxChick said What is supposed to happen in a case such as this?...
- Paul M. said “Was the marriage in limbo for 10 years?R...
- irish-italian mom said @ Woody You are right on the money about everythin...
- Paul M. said tcreek: the case would have been sent to the ordin...
- boko fittleworth said So they said “the Church thinks in centuries...
- cathgrl said At the risk of appearing facetious, has Pope Franc...
- Netmilsmom said I listened through the plugin on this site. It pla...
- Robbie said I find this entire episode to be disgusting. It s...
- tcreek said Paul M. — What would be the status of the ma...
- Marchelli said For my friend who was hit by a car while walking h...
- Paul M. said tcreek: There was no “reinstatement of the m...
- Siculum said Once again, Father Z is very right about us EF-ers...
- yatzer said Very difficult to keep from wallowing in discourag...
- juventutemDC said Thank you Fr. Z for your encouragement at the end!...
- excalibur said ….multiplying attacks on sports, on football...
- robtbrown said tcreek, The Kennedys are rich and famous, and th...
- excalibur said I had linked to several articles regarding this on...
- robtbrown said kpoterack, 1. I don’t think it’s ju...
- tcreek said This is what happens when the “Church”...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Interesting comments to my brother Gabriel’s...
- robtbrown said Johnno, 1. That’s a matter of a quick, sim...
- Woody said Many thanks for this, Father. My own hunch (and it...
- happyCatholic said Some of my prayer petitions recently are to truly...
- happyCatholic said Clinton, Your comment is even more prescient than...
- Legisperitus said The “corporal works of mercy” advice i...
- happyCatholic said Listened online! Thank you!
- Andy Lucy said Elizabeth D, if it be your choice to refuse to tak...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: May 2012
In your charity will you stop and pray for this man?
Restrictions in place for bishop’s funeral
Officials say ‘no’ to honoring status of Changzhi prelate who died last week
ucanews.com reporter, Changzhi
May 30, 2012Government officials have barred the Church community from … Continue reading
From a reader:
I make frequent use of the Sacrament of Penance and have a regular confessor. It’s always “anonymous,” but not anonymous. It’s awkward. The priest knows it’s me, but when he’s giving counsel he gets caught up on trying come up with … Continue reading
Via Sancte Pater comes this from Inquisitr:
(The Inquisitr) The people of Saudi Arabia are furious with the McDonald’s fast food chain for a toy which they say desecrates the name of Muhammed, the prophet of Islam. They are demanding retribution.
According to … Continue reading
The “Law of the Sea” Treaty (LOST) would, if ratified by the Senate, undermine U.S. sovereignty. LOST is also called the “United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.” It would give huge power over many spheres of America trade … Continue reading
Space Weather News for May 29, 2012
ASTEROID FLYBY: A small asteroid is flying past Earth today inside the orbit of geosynchronous satellites and only 14,000 km above the surface of our planet. Named “2012 KT42,” the 3- to 10-meter … Continue reading
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has been doing their job. They have published … get that? … published… something that has been around awhile.
“Norms regarding the manner of proceeding in the discernment of presumed apparitions or revelations”
From … Continue reading
Denver has a new Archbishop: His Excellency Most Rev. Samuel Aquila, formerly of Fargo.
We have read about him quite a few times here.
You may remember that during this round of ad limina visits, the Holy Father received well certain propositions … Continue reading
More beautiful art from Daniel Mitsui! Five new color prints, including Pentecost, Christ the High Priest (think “ordination gifts”!)
I have written several times about the art of Daniel Mitsui.
For Mr. Mitsui’s site click HERE.
He has sent me a few more things, this time from a series of drawings for the Holy See’s Vox Clara Committee (the translation liaison … Continue reading
According to the older, traditional Roman calendar, today is Tuesday in the Octave of Pentecost.
The octave of Pentecost was lamentably killed off by the cutters and snippers of the Consilium in the post-Conciliar reform of the Roman liturgy.
Here is an … Continue reading