Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kathleen10: They have fully revealed themselves , we need not wonder any more where are their true hearts. Satan is strong right now and very active. He has taken over minds and hearts, thoug...
- Ellen: One of the Romanovs killed by the Bolsheviks was the Grand Duchess Elisabeth Feodorovna , Alexandra& #8217;s sister. She was married to Nicholas 8217;s uncle Sergei who was killed in a...
- SKAY: “Why would anyone want to continue to divide USA from RussiaR 21; That is a very GOOD question, Antonin, considerin g that the two countries have 90% of the nuclear weapons. We have...
- Joy65: Asking every single martyr who died for the Catholic Faith/Chur ch to intercede and pray for our Catholic Church today, ALL Priests, Religious Brothers and Sisters, Deacons, Seminarian s,...
- Fr. Charles A. F.: “Mos t priests were taught three models of female sexuality& #8230; These men were never expected to imagine what a women’s real life was like… ;” Does the...
- LeeGilbert: Antonin asks, “Why would anyone want to continue to divide USA from Russia? 221; In all charity, Antonin, don’ t be naive. Without enemies, real or imaginary, we need no...
- Evovae: Julia_Augu sta: I think you’re right to be angry and frustrated at the double-sta ndard on sexuality, and I agree that the church should speak out more and more forcefully on the duties...
- chantgirl: TonyO- Most couples who follow the ChurchR 17;s moral code and are open to life find that they cannot afford Catholic school tuition for their children anyway, especially if the...
- Benedict Joseph: A sobering memory. Today is also the 224th anniversar y of the martyrdom of the Blessed Carmelites of Compiegne. Their assent to the guillotine spelled the terminus of the Reign of...
- Kathleen10: What a world of confusion. What a pity the Church has schizophre nia, otherwise it would demand the word “Cat holic̶ 1; be taken off that rag. But as it is the Church often...
- Sandy: Dr. Robert Moynihan had an excellent article on this a couple of days ago. There is an excerpt from a new book. https://ww w.townandc ountrymag. com/leisur e/arts-and -culture/a 2193961...
- jhayes: Vetusta, Nicholas did abdicate but Michael did not accept to become Czar. So, Nicholas was the last Czar. It’s a complicate d story but you can find it in Kerensky 8217;s book. HERE
- Nan: He and his family, together with servants who died with them, are New Martyrs of Russia, first canonized by the Orthodox Church of America. He paid for rebuilding of the Russian Ortho...
- MrsMacD: Kerry; I love, love, love what David Warren wrote. So true. Poor people are happy. Poor people are humble. Poor people are generous. Stop scorning poor people. Stop scorning poverty. St....
- Semper Gumby: JesusFreak 84, Kerry, et al: Good points. Per Fr. Z, hopefully these people will repent and this “new spaperR 21; will be left on the ash-heap of history. The Fishwrap these...
- jhayes: Here are film clips of Czar Nicholas. The background music is the national anthem of that time. HERE
- JustaSinner: Christ’s Will, will prevail. Will there be sacrifice, pain and suffering? Of course; are we not called to emulate Him? His suffering on Calvary foreshadow s our suffering for not...
- JustaSinner: Individual Conscience ? Is this the Lefts’ own Catholic version of privacy in Roe v. Wade?
- Antonin: Trump and Putin showed how mature, responsibl e leaders should behave in a civil manner working together where they can and respecting and working through difference s. The Russs...
- Simon_GNR: As a Briton I’m ashamed to say that the Russian royal family were offered asylum in Great Britain after the Tsar had abdicated and the Bolsheviks had taken power, but the offer was...
- Andrew: Suburbansh e: “If we went back to pre-Trent practices of laypeople fasting from sex during all fasting times…. ” Also to married individual s abstaining from sex for at least...
- vetusta ecclesia: A letter in The Times (London) today points out that Nicholas II was not the last czar – he had abdicated in March 1917 in favour of his younger brother Michael, Michael II.
- Elizabeth D: Thank you Fr Kelly. I can imagine different reactions to things I wrote here. Most seemed to understand my intentions to be Good News. I do feel like I want to say my spiritual direc...
- APX: Jesusfreak , While sexual assault would not automatica lly disqualify a woman as no longer being a virgin, the long term psychologi cal trauma that results from such events very well could...
- teachermom24: The best marriage prep I have found is from a celibate priest, Karol Wojtyla, in his book Love and Responsibi lity.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- What could possibly go wrong?
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
- Does “Beans” @MassimoFaggioli undermine ‘Humanae vitae’?
- ASK FATHER: Mom baptized my child in the bathtub
- INTERESTING UPDATE – Pope Francis phones Gianni Vattimo, philosopher of “weak thought”
- SSPX ELECTS NEW SUPERIOR GENERAL – UPDATED
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem
- ASK FATHER: Should a priest have a day off?
- ASK FATHER: Traditional Latin Mass in a Protestant church?
- Madame Defarge (@MichaelSWinters) is upset that people don’t find the Terror – applied to real people today – very funny.
- A little bright spot for your day, a discrete packet of energy for your mind.
- Fr. Perrone: The greatest weapon within the grasp of every Catholic is the keeping of a well-ordered soul
- “We have to learn how to be Roman priests again.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Left freaks out over SCOTUS pick. Hilarious tweets ensue.
- New FSSP Superior General elected, SSPX is gathered, CSJC … we shall see.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: June 2012
So much is going on! Here are some links to recent posts which are scrolling along.
First, NOTE TO PRIESTS
Pres. Obama’s Tax on practicing your religion
WDTPRS congratulations to Fr. John Hunwicke
Westminster Choir in St. Peter’s Basilica
QUAERITUR: Good prayer books
VIDEO Fr. Ted … Continue reading
The Supreme Court ruled that the individual mandate could survive as a tax. The penalties imposed are viewed, in the decision, as taxes.
But through the edict of non-elected HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Pres. Obama would force religious institutions against conscience … Continue reading
It is the season for ordinations. I participated in one yesterday, as a matter of fact. However, the other day there was an ordination which I very much would like to have attended: Fr. John Hunwicke, a former Anglican priest, … Continue reading
I am catching a few minutes of the rebroadcast of the Holy Father’s Mass for Sts. Peter and Paul on EWTN. I only have a few fleeting minutes.
The Choir of Westminster Abbey is there.
Is it my imagination or are … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have been now to a couple excellent confessions where as a
suggestion or a penance the priest has asked me to say a particular
prayer, “found in my prayer book”. Sorry to say, I do not have a
prayer book … Continue reading
As I write, 11 to go to put me over 10,000 Twitter Followers.
A reader sent me some good news:
The new bishop of Lausanne, Geneva, and Fribourg, Switzerland, has given the Basilica of Notre Dame in Fribourg, a beautiful and historic church, to the FSSP! [Fraternity of St. Peter] A FSSP priest will … Continue reading
I listened to SSPX Bp. Fellay’s sermon for the ordinations to the priesthood today in Econe
Our friends at Rorate have some English. Audio in French is here. BTW… I haven’t heard many “normal” bishops speak at an ordination with this … Continue reading
Former Speaker of the House and Arm-Chair Doctrix of the Church Nancy Pelosi, if she weren’t so harmful to our nation would be hilarious.
Pelosi on Obamacare: I Knew Ted Kennedy ‘Would Go to Heaven and Help Us Pass the … Continue reading
Benedict XVI’s sermon for Sts. Peter and Paul: “The Church is not a community of the perfect, but a community of sinners.”
The Holy Father’s sermon for the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul with my emphases and comments. (He gently addresses the issue of “scandal”. Look for it!)
Brother Bishops and Priests,
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We are gathered around the altar for … Continue reading
After posting about the Seven Minutes of Terror, I was curious about Curiosity, the newest Mars Rover heading to the Red Planet.
Intrepid little Spirit isn’t working any more, since it became mired and died. Opportunity is working, but depends on … Continue reading
It seems that, in some convoluted way, Obamacare was somewhat upheld by the Supreme Court.
That means that the law under which the the Obama Administration’s “HHS mandate” is still a threat to our religious liberty.
Here is a place to … Continue reading