- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- TomG said I think the late Irving Kristol (Bill’s dad)...
- robtbrown said DeaconAugustine, Most of the laity is polite and r...
- wmeyer said Priam1184, you appear to posit a “marketR...
- JohnW said I’m a member of a FSSP parish and our pastor...
- Priam1184 said @wmeyer Might it be that the world we have create...
- Grabski said Pope Francis spoke quite forthrightly against abor...
- Sword40 said Thank you, Fr. Z for these wonderful Adventcasts....
- boko fittleworth said Rush Limbaugh said on his show today (Monday) as a...
- BLB Oregon said There are not a few people taking classes in relig...
- acardnal said Despite its flaws, I think Larry Kudlow is right w...
- Siculum said Konichiwa, Mr. or Ms. Konichiwa! I couldn’...
- wmeyer said The market sells what people want to buy–it...
- djc said Daily mass this feast day was excellent. Father t...
- Deacon Augustine said robtbrown says: “It has been my experience t...
- mamajen said Yes, Gretchen, of course Shaw was incorrect. Why s...
- Henry Edwards said what does it mean when you say that there is “a co...
- SKAY said I also agree with @incredulous. The (un)ACA was...
- Deacon Augustine said PA mom, I tend to agree with you. The problems of...
- robtbrown said Deacon Augustine says: robtbrown, with regards to...
- Legisperitus said I am a longtime student of linguistics and take de...
- Mandy P. said @pannw, I’m glad you mention your husband...
- PA mom said The Liberal argument goes that capitalism has gott...
- Gemma said I thank you for wearing your cassock, Father. You...
- wmeyer said Miss Anita Moore, all men are sinners. Clearly thi...
- Priam1184 said There are many signs in speech of the world being...
- Priam1184 said Except for ALL others Father? Have we seen everyt...
- EoinOBolguidhir said The good new is that in Chicago women and men stil...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said It happens to be true that a free market unfettere...
- chantgirl said Unable to make my normal EF Mass, we went to a NO...
- Deacon Augustine said robtbrown, with regards to your point 1. why not s...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 11 June 2012
The Senate will vote on Monday on Andrew Hurwitz, President Obama’s pro-abortion nominee to the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Obama added to his pro-abortion record by placing yet another abortion activist in nomination to a … Continue reading
From a reader:
May a priest give his sermon off the altar and peripatetically – wander into the aisle of the nave to deliver it?
I am not aware that there is any legislation which specifically forbids a bishop, priest or deacon to … Continue reading
From a reader:
My pastor uses the new translation of the Mass with the exception of the words “for many” at the consecration. He continues to use the words “for all.” I find that this bothers me. I would appreciate your opinion on this … Continue reading
This is a little dated, but it helps to explain some prominent errors about what is going on the the Holy See’s reforming efforts concerning key women religious.
This was by Ann Carey on NRO.
Nun Too Accurate Reporting
By Ann Carey
June 4, … Continue reading
Thank you for your prayers while I was ill.
Some posts as they scroll along:
Fishwrap’s Sr. Maureen Fiedler uses her ruler on those pesky Wisconsin Bishops!
The Bold And The Beautiful
I’m on pins and needles!
A critic of the CDF Note about Sr. … Continue reading
Hey, this is a coveted endorsement!
O’Grady: Castro Endorses Obama
The dictator’s daughter gets a visa to make speeches here while the regime continues to hold an American hostage.
President Obama has received yet another endorsement, this time from the daughter of Cuban … Continue reading
Readers want me to fisk one of our favorite contributors to the National Catholic Fishwrap, the perennial Sr. Maureen Fiedler. Alas, I two tags for Sister, the other is here.
This week Sister has knuckle-slapped the Bishops of Wisconsin for … Continue reading
I have been mulling over the recent support given by the Catholic Theological Society of America to Sr. Margaret Farley.
Let’s be clear about a large slice of the group. There is in the CTSA a serious percentage of self-legitimating theologians … Continue reading
If I am not mistaken, tomorrow, Tuesday, the leadership of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns) will be meeting with the leadership of the Congregation for Doctrine of the Faith.
What do … Continue reading