Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- downyduck said Went to a fundraiser tonight to bring Catholic rad...
- Mike said Mike, fellow name-sharer, thank you for giving me...
- Cantor said Is there a particular reason they use “spons...
- Dennis said Scott – “As a Catholic, I too would e...
- jhayes said i looked up the speech and found the reference to...
- Geoffrey said “Now if we could only get St. Michael, St. J...
- Matt R said Supertradmum, it’s none of his business, and...
- Matt R said On the timing: it beats halting the printing, as B...
- louder said This is great news, and praise God for such a grea...
- Father G said Regarding the prophesy that Saint Joseph’s b...
- Father G said @padredana, According to the decree, vernacular tr...
- Legisperitus said Therese: This is, and will probably always remai...
- Random Friar said When you say we are rational animals, how does tha...
- Random Friar said I’m very happy about the change, but I’...
- EXCHIEF said Our Pastor, who for the past 13 + months has been...
- Glennonite said Marytoo: An insightful perspective from you; thank...
- Frank H said I’m thrilled, but good heavens, why couldn...
- PhilipNeri said The part of my homily that got the most reaction w...
- Scott said This “guest” is the leader of the free...
- St. Joseph Added to Other Eucharistic Prayers said [...] pleasant surprise, courtesy Fr. Z: Decades...
- Maxiemom said My mother, who is 84, had open heart surgery three...
- padredana said Now if we could only get St. Michael, St. John the...
- Therese said Fortuitous news! I subscribe to the pious prophesy...
- rtjl said Oh no! An “accretion” to the Liturgy!...
- johnmann said Almost all the arguments offered in favor of Latin...
- Suburbanbanshee said PatriciusOenus — because Eucharistic Prayer...
- jkm210 said I’m sure this post is likely to be deleted,...
- Suburbanbanshee said Scott — Yes, why doesn’t Northern Irel...
- Kathleen10 said Lots of wisdom here. Thank you all. I have wri...
- Mari Kate said Thanks be to God. Always wondered why he wasnR...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
- Spare the rod and spoil the chant!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Daily Archives: 14 June 2012
When I heard that the bishops of the USCCB in their plenary session were talking about drafting a new document on the economy and related issues, I first reaction was “OH NO! Don’t they learn from history?”
I also read this … Continue reading
Our friends over at Rorate have posted a 1 June interview of SSPX Bp. Bernard Tissier de Mallerais. He may be a bishop, but he is not the Superior of the SSPX. Bp. Bernard Fellay is the Superior.
The Congregation of the … Continue reading
I once posted an entry about what people around the world have for breakfast. It’s a fascinating topic.
Here is something else that is breakfast related.
What do you do before breakfast?
I think this has to do with having a “rule of … Continue reading
To review: The Holy See gave the SSPX a “doctrinal preamble”. The SSPX studied it and proposed in return some modifications. The Holy See and Holy Father studied the modifications. Then the CDF and SSPX Bp. Fellay had a meeting, … Continue reading
The LCWR’s leadership will now debate whether or not they want the Church’s true Magisterium in their lives.
They are poised to become irrelevant. Then, irrelevant, the biological solution will have its way with them and all their institutes, which have no vocations.
There … Continue reading
I think this is a bad idea.
Vatican Radio: New Communications Strategies
Announcing Vatican Radio’s intention to reduce its Short and Medium Wave transmissions to most of Europe and the Americas, starting July 1st, the Director General, Fr Federico Lombardi, today … Continue reading