Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Simon_GNR said May Benedict XVI have a long and happy retirement,...
- Skeinster said Our parish was asked to pray for Jason, father of...
- Skeinster said Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Fr. Z....
- JonPatrick said Have a blessed trip, hopefully the weather will be...
- MaryMargaret said Oh, well, he is the Papa emeritus, no? So I call h...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said Ha, brings to mind my “milione lire” c...
- Supertradmum said I am in deep countryside in the Midwest and cannot...
- Supertradmum said Have a safe and wonderful trip, Father Z., and ple...
- benedetta said @MaryMargaret…what you said! Though, I woul...
- MaryMargaret said Grandpapa Benedetto, I do love you. God bless you...
- teejay329 said Oh my goodness people…get up earlier to have...
- teejay329 said To Seattle…wouldn’t a Father Z reader...
- Sword40 said Father, Say “hello” to our friends, Li...
- Ed the Roman said He may be quiet. So are the Carthusians, but I don...
- Robbie said I join others when I say I miss him as Pope. I of...
- CatholicLiving said Beautiful. For us, Tenebrae tonight. This is a goo...
- Suburbanbanshee said Since I don’t think the Pope Emeritus is cur...
- Marcus de Alameda said A great Pope. Near and dear to my heart. Happy Bir...
- seattle_cdn said Should we have a reader-meetup? I’ll be head...
- Vecchio di Londra said ” for all that you did for us and Christ’s C...
- eulogos said Some years ago in the Diocese of Rochester, after...
- teejay329 said Oh Fr. Z…Godspeed. My journey there starts...
- TopSully said Almost 350 pair since yesterday. Outstanding!
- tcreek said The photo was posted on Mons. Guido Marini Facebo...
- aviva meriam said Tcreek, when was that picture taken?
- tcreek said Yes, that is George Bush in the background at the...
- tcreek said His birthday cake. https://www.facebook.com/photo....
- Priam1184 said Be safe and well Father. Am I wrong in assuming t...
- aviva meriam said Safe travels.
- rbbadger said I miss lire, too. In fact, I miss the Deutschmark...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
- Msgr. Guido Marini reconfirmed as Papal MC
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday 5th Week of Lent – “meaning of life and death”
- Pope Francis on the Devil, modern education “horrors”, mother and father families
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 15 June 2012
And so the final day of Acton University begins. We had Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form and, to obtain the indulgence, had public recitation of the Act of Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Breakfast (croisant and jam … Continue reading
At the Jesuit run America Magazine, James Martin, SJ – who worked so hard to confuse as many people as he could into thinking that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith was picking on all women religious in the … Continue reading
My friend the nearly-ubiquitous John L Allen Jr (still alas with the Fiswrap) has a fascinating and long interview with the Prefect of the CDF Card. Levada about the LCWR and Sr Farley and “being mean to nuns”.
Here is … Continue reading
Today, the Feast of the Sacred Heart, the faithful can gain a plenary indulgence by the public recitation of Iesu dulcissime (Act of Reparation) (Ench. Indulg., al. conc., 3). All other recitations gain a partial indulgence.
Priests and Bishops! … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From The Catholic Herald:
Pope Benedict XVI has established a personal ordinariate in Australia and named a Lancashire-born former bishop of the Traditional Anglican Communion (TAC) to lead it.
The ordinariate, the world’s third for … Continue reading
At Chiesa Sandro Magister has a piece about bishops who have been deposed from their sees.
It is longish, but here is some of it. You can read the rest there:
VATICAN CITY, June 15, 2012 – The old-timers of the curia remember … Continue reading
The Fishwrap is one in being with The Pill in a defense of women deacons.
Austrian sister calls for ordination of women deacons
by Isabella R. Moyer on Jun. 14, 2012
The Catholic church in Austria made international headlines with the Austrian … Continue reading