- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- msc said If you would be good at it, I urge you to consider...
- Priam1184 said @Ellen What you described (taking Communion to th...
- Charivari Rob said To the original poster, I would say “Definit...
- Priam1184 said Lol Father are you sure that it isn’t obliga...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Ambrose Jnr, Whew! I was trying to think how to as...
- jacobi said Good for Prof Peters, some straight talking at las...
- Nathan said Thank you, Father! I will remember your intention...
- Legisperitus said I’m glad he highlighted the use of the word...
- Dienekes said Went to a Catholic boys’ boarding school in...
- Supertradmum said As to age groups at the TLM, I can say from experi...
- SpesUnica said Nathan, I agree with you totally in regard to EMHC...
- TKS said Thank you.
- Nathan said SpesUnica: Father, I can’t speak for others...
- Magpie said Ya right is right Father. If a divorced and remarr...
- Supertradmum said Excellent article, of course, from Dr. Peters. To...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said P.S. Oh! No! It occurred to me after I hit “...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said Pmullane, Hey-four-roger! Signed, Old Biddy who St...
- dholwell said I have found that where the Knights of Columbus Co...
- Ellen said I have been a reader and a communion helper in the...
- SpesUnica said A slightly different angle: What if you are having...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father. I have felt guilty for refusing ou...
- FrDulli said I’ve got a cute story. When I was a seminar...
- David Rummelhoff said I’d rather make this comment anonymously, on...
- Joseph-Mary said Since daily Mass at my parish moved to 6:30 am, th...
- kevinm said Chimed in…thank you….
- liquidpaw said Another reason EF is superior…it avoids all...
- rroan said I used to be a lector at my Novus Ordo parish but...
- James C said When I get approached to be a “Eucharistic M...
- Siculum said Optime.
- euphemos said Father, Are there any media outlets you typically...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 18 June 2012
I am adding to my Kindle Wishlist Hugh Hewitt’s new book The Brief Against Obama: The Rise, Fall & Epic Fail of the Hope & Change Presidency.
This give people in one handy place lots of good information and arguments for your … Continue reading
Over at The Chant Cafe I saw a couple photos of some Z-Swag “in the wild”.
And since a motorcycle fuel tank has two sides…
I saw Lex Orandi car magnet out on the highway the other day. Gratifying.
This came via The Catholic League:
SOROS-FUNDED GROUP SET TO NAIL BISHOPS
June 18, 2012
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows:
June 21 marks the beginning of the “Fortnight for Freedom” events, the campaign for religious liberty being conducted by the nation’s … Continue reading
A priest friend sent this with the note: Times are a’changin’!
I especially like the Mass at about 4:50!
Technorati Tags: priesthood, vocations
It has been a while since I have been able to report to you on the doings at the feeder.
First, the black squirrel is back.
Card. Ray is rubbernecking a bit.
A Ruby-Throated Hummingbird having a bit of a rest.
This Oriole was … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Tim Finigan, His Hermeueticalness, has on his parish’s website a good reminder for his readers in the UK that Friday 29 June, the Feast or Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul is, for them, a Holy Day … Continue reading
The Holy Father, in his video address to the Eucharistic Congress in Ireland, made some statements about our liturgical participation.
POPE BENEDICT XVI’S MESSAGE AT CLOSING MASS
Based upon a deepening appreciation of the sources of the liturgy, the Council promoted the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can any priest hear a Confession on an airplane or ship? I know jurisdiction is automatic in emergencies, but what if a passenger was not in immediate danger and simply wanted to confess?
In general, yes. In the Latin … Continue reading
More about Sr. Sandra Schneiders.
I wrote about her and her ideas HERE.
In the Sunday Times of Malta there is a piece about this divisive figure, whom the LCWR (a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns) wants to honor at the … Continue reading
Catholic Health Ass.’s proposal (about what a religious institution is) could make things worse, not better.
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
I am sure you have heard that Sr. Carol “GIVE BACK THAT PEN!” Keehan of the Catholic Health Ass., which gave cover to pro-abortion catholic Democrats so they could vote for Obamacare, pushed back at … Continue reading