Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Brooklyn said acardnal – Again, from Wikipedia: “A r...
- Michelle said I would believe this, and some things my parish pr...
- Andrew D said It can’t be ignored that John Lennon was gun...
- Andrew Saucci said The various options in the Novus Ordo are not an o...
- Uxixu said The FSSP has been welcomed by Archbishop Gomez to...
- kimberley jean said When you think about what’s happening to Chr...
- Kerry said Imagine no Jihadis, it’s easy if you try, Jd...
- Vecchio di Londra said Leaving the toy football aside – seriously n...
- Suburbanbanshee said It’s probably important to know that a coupl...
- Jackie L said Sorry Mike, I didn’t complete my thought on...
- OrthodoxChick said I don’t get it. Is this real, or more irony...
- Legisperitus said Whenever I see the phrases “very clearlyR...
- Imrahil said Dear cwillia1, thank you for your answer! As for t...
- Absit invidia said “It sounds like there are lots of rainbow fl...
- Bressani56 said It’s amazing more parishes don’t emula...
- Bressani56 said I agree with Dr. Kwasniewski: The Jogues Illuminat...
- robtbrown said Brooklyn says, Maybe we need to trust a little mo...
- Imrahil said Dear acardnal, yes. It is. The rainbow flag certai...
- robtbrown said How about a UFC tournament for peace? Or Demoliti...
- david andrew said I’m raising polecats for peace.
- benedetta said Fr. Z: I propose…Hockey…for peace!
- PA mom said For the NO I have purchased the “Child of Go...
- acardnal said Brooklyn, Thomas S.: pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze! The r...
- robtbrown said I am a Beatles fan from way back. They first appe...
- donato2 said correction on the last line (that was from the wro...
- donato2 said “Imagine” is a good song, if you tweek...
- TNCath said I suppose Pope Francis had no idea that any of thi...
- Brooklyn said Thomas S, you are absolutely right about the mea...
- Imrahil said Dear No More Tambourines, that does not seem the o...
- eiggam said For the Novus Ordo, I am not crazy about Magnifiki...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 21 June 2012
VIDEO: Bp. Morlino (D. Madison) critiques Nuns On The Bus, defends Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI). INTERVIEW on EWTN!
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
I received this from the nice people who produce Raymond Arroyo’s The World Over news show on EWTN.
Below is a clip from an interview with the great Bishop Robert Morlino (D. of Madison) which will air … Continue reading
The Nuns On The Bus gals have allies against Cong. Paul Ryan: Al Jazeera!
In some matters, Al Jazeera is better on global news than the US networks.
But this is a puff piece in favor of the nuns and against the … Continue reading
A reader sent me a link to a short video made by some faithful young Catholics in Italy in support of Pope Benedict XVI. The group is “Noi per Benedetto“. We are for Benedict.
It’s in Italian, but check it out. … Continue reading
A while back I gave a talk in Chicago to the group Legatus. I had the great pleasure of meeting several great priests. One of them was Fr. Richard Simon, Pastor of St. Lambert’s in Skokie. Fr. Simon is a … Continue reading
I am closing in on 10K followers on Twitter. Please help!
As the posts scroll along, here are links to some recent posts:
Good new TV spot defending Catholic religious liberty!
URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: For a priest who committed suicide.
Before this is … Continue reading
Sometimes while working I stream a TV news channel (or ball game) via my Sling Box (blessed are they who invented it) to one of my several monitors connected to the mothership. The audio is usually turned down, because … Continue reading
We kick ourselves – after – for not having done anything when – before – we saw signs that something was wrong. No?
Priests can tend to be “alpha wolves”. They can be pretty hard to read.
From a priest friend, … Continue reading
Promoters of unnatural sex are going to attack the Church relentlessly through the courts. Just like a pack of hyena’s trying to take down a larger animal, they will nip and dart here and there with test cases and litigation. … Continue reading
On all sides we hear from those who want to condone same-sex relationships as “marriage” that denial of marriage to same-sex couples is like denial of restaurant service to blacks in 1950′s Alabama.
Do not be suckered into accepting that premise.
Same-sex … Continue reading