Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Legisperitus said Using words like “raw” and “vehe...
- The Masked Chicken said Cosmos wrote: “If we are going to look at hi...
- OrthodoxChick said Fr. Z., My eldest son and I just took our first Ha...
- Elizabeth D said And it is true there is no land route nor telephon...
- Andkaras said It’s even funner to us as less than an hour...
- Landless Laborer said The divorced have been conditioned to think in ter...
- majuscule said Just came from an EF Mass where Father pointed thi...
- gracie said “I, on the other hand, have spoken twice wit...
- Hieronymus said Actually, I could very easily see the situation Ca...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said In the days before internet, this would have been...
- Scott Woltze said Another amusing element is that Cardinal Kasper ha...
- MWindsor said ElizabethD, It’s like a telegram but by voic...
- RichR said Many of the Catholic couples in my parish who are...
- MWindsor said Hi Fr. Z, Try to reach the op that sent it to you...
- Elizabeth D said I do not understand the technical aspects of what...
- Allan S. said Arranging a time for a QSL as suggested above is a...
- Supertradmum said Father Z, if you have a moment, you might enjoy my...
- michael said It is indeed a good day to watch “The Reluct...
- Vecchio di Londra said I read in the Italian news service ANSA that Cardi...
- Father G said Blessed feast day! His feast is not listed in the...
- Worried about the Papacy? (whatever that may mean…) Watch This Video. | Catholic Connection said [...] I encourage anyone who feels despair or temp...
- Fear and loathing in the Vatican | Journal Post said [...] is this happening? The priest-blogger Fr Z,...
- Fear and loathing in the Vatican » Spectator Blogs said [...] is this happening? The priest-blogger Fr Z,...
- Supertradmum said In all my years working with families in RCIA, I h...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Bryan D. Boyle: Okay… so, I fill out the PDF...
- bposullivan said KateD, The only thing is that the Cardinal Patronu...
- Amateur Scholastic said @YoungLatinMassGuy: “I’m left wondering if p...
- VexillaRegis said I think it’s possible that Card. Kasper has...
- VexillaRegis said Speaking of Card. Pell, there are news from my an...
- Greenbean950 said sons of Zebedee – they wanted temporal powe...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 27 June 2012
The Motely Monk says (this guy’s got game):
The Motley Monk’s opinion:
SCOTUS will decide, 6-3, to strike down the individual mandate.
It will be a political decision, throwing healthcare legislation back to the Congress.
Let’s see what happens.
Let the discussion begin….
Actually, let the … Continue reading
During the Fortnight of Freedom, it is good also to show our bishops some direct and concrete public support.
This faithful and free Catholic American sent me a photo of some of his “Pray For Our Priests” Z-Swag.
To get all … Continue reading
At the blog of the Gregorian Institute of Benedictine College in Kansas, there is an entry for the Fortnight for Freedom about the importance of returning to the sacrament of penance.
In other words: Wanna be free? Go to confession!
Let’s have a … Continue reading
Over at the super-liberal US Catholic site there is multi-question poll going on:
What does Vatican II mean to you?
Fifty years after the groundbreaking council began, does Vatican II still matter in the faith lives of Catholics?
We have seen US catholic and … Continue reading
With a biretta tip to the great Vincenzo, whom we miss around here…
“Our Lord was crucified by the nice people who held that religion was all right in its place, so long as its place was not here, where it … Continue reading
According to the traditional, Extraordinary Form Ordo for today in the USA we can celebrated Our Lady of Perpetual Help, which has a proper Mass in the Missae pro aliquibus locis in the back of the 1962MR.
Domine Iesu Christe, qui genitricem tuam … Continue reading
Over at FishwrapI understand from Fishwrap that some members of the 112th Congress’ 2nd session have introduced a resolution in support of Catholic sisters!
Exciting, I know.
The House Resolution conflates all Catholic sisters in the USA with the leadership of certain groups of … Continue reading
I suppose anyone can go to see the Nuns On The Bus go ’round and ’round. This photo, however, from the Catholic Beat, says a lot.
25 June in Fountain Square, in Cincinnati, OhiO.
Sr. Simone Campbell and friend.
No, I am not … Continue reading
From Rachel Campos-Duffy comes this re: altar boys.
According to the Communications Office of the Diocese of Phoenix, there is growing evidence to support the claim that where altar service is limited to boys, priestly vocations increase. The best example is … Continue reading