Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- monstrance: Considerin g the unplugged ClericR 30;. What do you surmise the jug under the window is for ?
- Kathleen10: I think about you and other faithful priests Fr. Z. Please God, to help you through this. The rest of us can walk away, take days at a time if we must, but that is pretty impossible for...
- VP: When did this fellow Cupich become a bishop?
- Spinmamma: Dear Father, I had the same reaction to the Holy FatherR 17;s words and am hoping there may be a fine point to be made about the translatio n. At least one media outlet has seized...
- aliceinstpaul: Hrwriggles , Prayers for the repose of the soul of your father and for your family. I’m so sorry for your lost.
- frjim4321: I kind of feel sorry for anyone making a statement, because it’s almost impossible to even say that since 2002 the safest place for children and youth has been the Catholic Church;...
- Diane: Wow… .that made my night! Thank you Thank you!!!
- emily13: Fr. Z – I also wanted to bring your attention to a beautiful apostolate at the Pittsburgh Oratory. The Daughters of St. Philip Neri were started in response to the document “Adorat...
- un-ionized: Capchoirgi rl, see the 20th week OT bulletin at the TLM parish. Scathing. But offers correct response.
- Muzhik: Joy; One option is to arrange for a mission priest to pray for your intention. I learned about this when I was investigat ing having “30 Days of Gregorian MassesR 21; said for my...
- robtbrown: Those three vestments make me hungry. They remind me of Pineapple- Lime-Raspb erry Rainbow Sherbet. Dessert? Yes. Worship? No.
- Sonshine135: From an ex-GI̵ 7;s point of view, your Priests are the officers of the Infantry and the regular parishione rs are the foot soldiers. What every good Infantry needs is an Artill...
- Joy65: Fr_Andrew , THANK YOU I understand what you are saying about Masses being offered. In our Parish there are many weekday Masses that have NO intentions listed for them. Not all Paris...
- Semper Gumby: VonOrigen: You raised numerous topics rapidly, so with our host’ ;s permission a close look at your comment. “…bu dgets? You may have heard that Iraq-istan ate up, and...
- Malta: Don’ t think it’s easy being Catholic: https://ww w.catholic .org/saint s/saint.ph p?saint_id =624 I’m the only Catholic in my family; I’m under scrutiny. I conver...
- Fr_Andrew: To add, I would agree with Fr Z here : encourage your priests by supporting them and thanking them. We don’ t seek such attention. It’s not part of the desire of a good...
- Fr_Andrew: Joy, This is a very good idea, but I would warn you that often priests are overbooked with Masses as its stands. Spirituall y there is nothing better, but practicall y if everyone who...
- TKS: Here in my small liberal diocese, the letter read Sunday spoke only of sexual child abuse and no mention of the root of the evil, the “H 8221; word. As usual, I find the parishione rs...
- Philmont237: I’d like to keep a portable Mass kit in my house in case priests do eventually have to go undergroun d. My brother-in -law also happens to be a priest, and tends to forget his....
- Fr Martin Fox: Fr Jim: I asked twice for some explanatio n of the “ter rorizing 8221; you warn about. None given. Noted.
- seeker: And, like Gail, with whom I agree, I don’ t particular ly like it. But we’v e gone a little far afield here, and it reflects poorly.
- seeker: I have been a follower of FR. Z for years, and love the witty and truth driven perspectiv e. I have become familiar with and admire some of the regular commenters . It is one of the very...
- WVC: I usually try not to be baited by obvious trolls, but to Fr. Jim, the first real problem is homosexual priests abusing parishione rs. The second real problem is the bishops failure to end this...
- AA Cunningham: The following is the letter from Archbishop Samuel Aquila to the Archdioces e of Denver that was read at all Masses this weekend: The following letter written by Archbishop Samuel J....
- Elizabeth D: Priests or bishops who fear (are “ter rorized by”) being found out more than they fear God are rancid.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Collusion of the press against the Church
- Food for my cerebellum. Food for my reptilian brain stem. And my observation about coverage of The Present Crisis.
- ASK FATHER: How to support priests? Prepare for underground Church?
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem! 3 year old “priest’s” theological observation and a Salve
- Letters of Bishops compared. Quite a contrast.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! Help the nuns complete their beautiful monastic church!
- URGENT: HIDEOUS about SYMBOL on pastel vestments for World Meeting of Families in Dublin @WMOF2018
- Letter of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese concerning the present crisis
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: invisible love, pulsing with longing
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 5 July 2012
From the estimable Laudator:
By Yuan Mei (1716–1797), tr. J.D.Schmidt:
I am satisfied so long as I keep my books closed,
But I start to worry, when I open their covers.
The books are long, but the day is short;
I feel like an ant … Continue reading
UPDATE 5 July:
It’s not too late. We will close registration on 12 July.
We have worked out the pricing. I’ll send emails to those of you who wrote to me. If you don’t hear anything, contact me again.
I have had some … Continue reading
I noticed this in the newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee for Divine Worship:
Liturgy of the Hours
Among the many liturgical books affected by the implementation of the Roman Missal, Third Edition, none has generated more questions or interest than the Liturgy … Continue reading
We can do many things. We will be able to do even more.
But we must start asking in earnest: Ought we do may of the things we can?
From the Daily Telegraph:
Women could delay the menopause indefinitely with ovary transplant: doctors
Women could remain … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this video, which is way too cool. Time-lapse video taken from the International Space Station when on the night-side of our little blue marble.
From Bill Bennett’s American Patriot’s Almanac we have this entry for today, 5 July:
“The things of the spirit come first”
On July 5, 1926, in a speech in Philadelphia commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, President Calvin Coolidge reminded … Continue reading
As the posts scroll along…
First, thank to all of you who helped me get over the 10k follower mark on Twitter!
Also, for PRIESTS: NOTE TO PRIESTS – (with update)
Archbishop Chaput’s sermon for the closing of the Fortnight for Freedom
Request for help … Continue reading
On 4 July, Most Rev. Charles Chaput delivered the sermon for a Mass to close the Fortnight For Freedom.
I have received several requests for a succinct summary of what has transpired between the Holy See and the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns).
It would be good to have such a … Continue reading
Have you thought today yet about the fact that you are going to die?
Here, let me help.
I was recently told about a maker of caskets in the USA: Marian Caskets.
They are inspired by Pope John Paul II’s casket.
One day delivery … Continue reading
Wow… this is my objective right now.