Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Charles E Flynn said How Dante Saved My Life: A midlife crisis is cured...
- Bea said Ah, masked chicken, I know how you feel. Since all...
- Michaelus said I will never forget it. I was on vacation in Port...
- pannw said I wish we could all have a huge party so I could t...
- acardnal said I am so grateful to Pope Benedict XVI for what he...
- Maria said I often thank God how bless I am for having known...
- djc said After mass we have a baked Ham, Cheddar Cheese and...
- Denis Crnkovic said I (we) used to have traditions many decades ago, n...
- Tina in Ashburn said aww Father. Glad you got a moment of peace. The ar...
- Priam1184 said Still in New York Father? When are you off to Rom...
- Robbie said I remember that day so well. Although JPI and JPI...
- Supertradmum said iepuras, Congratulations and welcome aboard! Maske...
- Kathleen10 said I can only speak for me. I would feel absolutely...
- Gratias said Hopefully more bishops will imitate Bp. Sigismondi...
- Gratias said Happy Easter Holy Father Emeritus. We had your wis...
- Mike said “I hardly needed the plane to fly to my next...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Be at peace, Thomas S. I still remember with joy...
- SimonR said I prayed for my hero, Benedict XVI very much today...
- Thomas S said I remember this anniversary post used to elicit ...
- HighMass said “Dopo il grande Papa Giovanni Paolo II, e si...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, ” . . . it seems that many bis...
- yatzer said Those who make up their own “values” g...
- chantgirl said God bless him. Perhaps someday he will be a saint,...
- Paulo said In my family, there are so many traditions mixed u...
- Mariana2 said “Cluck Kent” : ) ! Just made the Pasch...
- iPadre said Long live Benedict XVI!
- JohnE said Our two priests went out into the congregation to...
- mikeinmo said Carrying on the Eastern European tradition that my...
- benedetta said You can tell when the Faketevists have become desp...
- mrshopey said I prayed this for the first time yesterday and it...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 10 July 2012
Because of the entry I wrote about Extraordinary Form Nuptial Masses for mixed-faith couples, I was prompted to re-read an exhortation which was often used (and still can be) at the time of the sermon by priests in the USA … Continue reading
As they scroll along, here are some recent posts.
First, because we need to help each other out by works of mercy:
YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Card. Burke on concelebration, priests ad-libbing and saying Mass in the state of mortal sin
QUAERITUR: Can … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am aware that as Catholics, we may not join masonic organizations.
My question regards the Elks and the Rotary club? Do they fall under the same prohibition or is membership in these two organizations permissible for Catholics?
As far … Continue reading
For your Brick By Brick file.
There is a new CD or (digital download – no waiting and one less thing to dust or pack when moving!) of Gregorian chant and polyphony (Palestrina) sung by the seminarians of the Priestly Fraternity of … Continue reading
Episcopalians can be a rich treasure trove of self-parody.
They just keep pushing those cusp issues so that they can stay in the news… thus, confirming their existence.
I was sent this story:
INDIANAPOLIS, IN: Bishops go Transgender at GC2012
By David W. Virtue … Continue reading
The First Gay President and his minions such as Doctrix of the Church Nancy Pelosi got the Affordable Care Act passed… so that we could know what is in it.
As you may know, if you decide to pay the penalty… … Continue reading