"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- NBW said Have a safe trip home.
- The Masked Chicken said If you want the excruciatingly detailed history o...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Thanks for the memories, Father! I don’t th...
- robtbrown said Henry, There were several reasons for the liturg...
- The Masked Chicken said Correction: 12:01 came out the same years as Gound...
- The Masked Chicken said Okay, this has nothing to do with Bill Murray, dir...
- robtbrown said Charles Flynn, Was the link directed to me? If...
- RJHighland said One other thing I love reading all of the peoples...
- Henry Edwards said Unbeknownst to pew Catholics at large, there was m...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said I see there is also a Melchior, larger than a Balt...
- Nightcrawler said “That’s the first thing youve said all...
- RJHighland said Simply put the shift of the altar to a table, chan...
- Fr. Erik Richtsteig said His sister is an Adrian Dominican. Must be a whack...
- pj_houston said Mea culpa…. I wasn’t thinking so much...
- The Masked Chicken said “The rest of the meal was devoted to devouri...
- Charlie Cahill said The very best Coq. St Jacques are from Ireland. An...
- The Masked Chicken said “In my neck of the woods, from what my famil...
- Charles E Flynn said @Priam1184 , In my parish in Rhode Island, what we...
- brotherfee said When someone like a celebrity is talking about the...
- Dr Guinness said Au revoir, Paris. I feel perhaps another London b...
- Ed the Roman said ” Paris is worth, among other things, anothe...
- Charles E Flynn said From http://www.adoremus.org/Interoecumenici.html...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: Calling it whatever you want, the...
- robtbrown said Joe Magarac, Do you have a link to the Cupich do...
- Grateful to be Catholic said This is, amusingly, the mirror image of what happe...
- amenamen said Bill Murray’s Apologia pro vita sua His firs...
- Patikins said frjim4321: “Calling it whatever you want, th...
- majuscule said Hmmmph. The people in the pews in front of me all...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Fr Jim, Indeed the back of the priest will face th...
- Alice said I remember hearing that Roger Ebert missed the Lat...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
- WDTPRS – 33rd Ordinary Sunday: thoughts on the “sign of peace”
- Days after 2014 Synod closes, CDF responds to question on absolution for civilly remarried
- How the ‘c’atholic liberal media will smear Bishops who uphold moral teachings
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 10 July 2012
Because of the entry I wrote about Extraordinary Form Nuptial Masses for mixed-faith couples, I was prompted to re-read an exhortation which was often used (and still can be) at the time of the sermon by priests in the USA … Continue reading
As they scroll along, here are some recent posts.
First, because we need to help each other out by works of mercy:
YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Card. Burke on concelebration, priests ad-libbing and saying Mass in the state of mortal sin
QUAERITUR: Can … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am aware that as Catholics, we may not join masonic organizations.
My question regards the Elks and the Rotary club? Do they fall under the same prohibition or is membership in these two organizations permissible for Catholics?
As far … Continue reading
For your Brick By Brick file.
There is a new CD or (digital download – no waiting and one less thing to dust or pack when moving!) of Gregorian chant and polyphony (Palestrina) sung by the seminarians of the Priestly Fraternity of … Continue reading
Episcopalians can be a rich treasure trove of self-parody.
They just keep pushing those cusp issues so that they can stay in the news… thus, confirming their existence.
I was sent this story:
INDIANAPOLIS, IN: Bishops go Transgender at GC2012
By David W. Virtue … Continue reading
The First Gay President and his minions such as Doctrix of the Church Nancy Pelosi got the Affordable Care Act passed… so that we could know what is in it.
As you may know, if you decide to pay the penalty… … Continue reading