You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- RMT said I just got word that my masters thesis was accepte...
- Imrahil said The Rev’d Fr Jim is on the right track…...
- sciencemom said PS Lovely photo! And thanks, Chicken, for the link...
- sciencemom said Fr Z writes: Sometimes I consider why the visible...
- Giuseppe said To quote an old priest I knew: “The Church i...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Francis teaches that everyone is saved! Wow!...
- WesleyD said “The Blood of Christ redeems everyone.”...
- janeway529 said Also, isn’t Pope Francis referencing the Vat...
- janeway529 said Fr. Z, Vatican TV has been broadcasting Pope Franc...
- MouseTemplar said I came home from my Thursday Holy Hour [dedicated...
- frjim4321 said With all due respect to a priest who by all appear...
- Kathleen10 said Thanks Fr. Z. and others for such great comments,...
- Priam1184 said Thank you for that Andrew.
- Priam1184 said @Ed the Roman : You are 1000% correct on that. Wh...
- KevinSymonds said Fr. Z., I sent a message with a reference in Itali...
- New Sister said I have always been fascinated by this little lesso...
- Fr Martin Fox said Michael: No you’re fine. I just know that t...
- Ed the Roman said We are made in the image and likeness of the One w...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, perhaps I’m reading too much betwe...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said Lots of sloppy (if not deliberately mendacious) re...
- Fr Martin Fox said Michael: Well, since we’re so irenic togethe...
- Andrew said Priam1184: S. Augustine “on Genesis”: A very loose...
- Phil_NL said Cosmos, The assumption that people feel ill at eas...
- Clinton R. said It is unfortunate that so many already are interpr...
- Matthias1 said I like the following comment someone made: –...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I have limited time to watch this thread at the mo...
- Priam1184 said In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram…
- johnmann said Would you fulfill your natural law obligation by a...
- chonak said If I understand it right, communicatio in sacris i...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, ultimately you are saying (and I agree) t...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 16 July 2012
Prayer to Saint Joseph for a Difficult Problem
O Glorious St. Joseph, thou who hast power to render possible even things which are considered impossible, come to our aid in our present trouble and distress.
Take this important and difficult affair under … Continue reading
Other than the fact that I get a commission every time you buy Mystic Monk Coffee using my links… and please, I ask you to do so, because it really helps… this video will also show you why I like … Continue reading
SSPX Bp. Fellay speaks about their General Chapter, the new CDF Prefect, unity with Rome (unresolved)
At the site of the SSPX DICI, there is an interview with the SSPX Superior Bp. Bernard Fellay about the recently concluded General Chapter (which is a gathering in which the participants discuss policies, internal matters, etc.).
Read it all, but … Continue reading
I don’t want to upset any of you with this, but I am going to inflict a word on you poor ignorant readers which many consider to be tooo haaard for Mary and Joe Catholic.
Yes, I mean the dread
Some of you … Continue reading
Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with a phrase of Bl. John Henry Newman: “To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.”
Thinking back on the course of … Continue reading
A reader sent me this amusing graphic. I was reminded of two things. First, years ago in Rome there was a common wall-scrawl from the spray-painting vandals: CLORO AL CLERO. I was also reminded of the facetious post I made … Continue reading
At APotD I saw this interesting news: Pluto has a fifth moon!
A fifth moon has been discovered orbiting Pluto. The moon was discovered earlier this month in images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope in preparation for the New Horizons … Continue reading
What is you good news?
Do you have some good thing you can share with the readers?
It is encouraging to hear about the good things happening to people who participate here.
For my part, apart from all the other pressing things, yesterday … Continue reading
From a reader:
Regarding the Sabbatine Privilege, it is my understanding that person may meet the requirements by reciting the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary or, if given permission by their priest, saying the Rosary.
My question is may a … Continue reading