Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- majuscule said I got to thinking… Right now the Fishwrap™ h...
- OrthodoxChick said Masked Chicken, Wow! That was awesome! When I fi...
- Magpie said Sick liberal minds.
- Wiktor said Angie Mcs: look closer. There *is* a gate (opened...
- pattif said The Tablet’s editorial this weekend takes th...
- JamesM said Father, what are your views on St. Patrick’s...
- benedetta said How very sad.
- Gerard Plourde said I guess that the author of the letter didn’t...
- RichR said P.S. As a singer in a schola, I just noticed the...
- Amy Giglio said Perhaps Mr. Halligan and people who think like him...
- Amy Giglio said Perhaps Mr. Halligan and people who think like him...
- Angie Mcs said Father, beautifully and respectfully expressed. If...
- NBW said Ah the good old days! It sad to see how easy we h...
- Angie Mcs said Excuse the typo, as I grazed the post button befor...
- NBW said What a beautiful job!!!
- Angie Mcs said The renovation is quite beautiful, giving a sense...
- Kathleen10 said “…they also need to be investigating a...
- HobokenZephyr said St. Patrick’s Day is our paternal feast day,...
- RichR said I’m surprised no one has mentioned the obvio...
- avecrux said Beautiful. This is happening all over… happe...
- Gladiatrix said I find this display of historical and medical illi...
- RichardT said It says “The precept of fasting implies also...
- Supertradmum said The purposeful misuse of language is “propag...
- Suburbanbanshee said Ireland’s fasting laws were stiffer, and so...
- pannw said Wow… Part of me is really glad that isn̵...
- Patrick-K said It’s odd that this person seems to view the...
- Arele said BLBOregon, did you hear the new good news that Pop...
- The Masked Chicken said I have thought about it and, even if no one reads...
- mschu528 said Get rid of the table altar and it would be just ab...
- JonathanCatholic said ‘But if the authority of Peter and his succe...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 16 July 2012
Prayer to Saint Joseph for a Difficult Problem
O Glorious St. Joseph, thou who hast power to render possible even things which are considered impossible, come to our aid in our present trouble and distress.
Take this important and difficult affair under … Continue reading
Other than the fact that I get a commission every time you buy Mystic Monk Coffee using my links… and please, I ask you to do so, because it really helps… this video will also show you why I like … Continue reading
SSPX Bp. Fellay speaks about their General Chapter, the new CDF Prefect, unity with Rome (unresolved)
At the site of the SSPX DICI, there is an interview with the SSPX Superior Bp. Bernard Fellay about the recently concluded General Chapter (which is a gathering in which the participants discuss policies, internal matters, etc.).
Read it all, but … Continue reading
I don’t want to upset any of you with this, but I am going to inflict a word on you poor ignorant readers which many consider to be tooo haaard for Mary and Joe Catholic.
Yes, I mean the dread
Some of you … Continue reading
Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with a phrase of Bl. John Henry Newman: “To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.”
Thinking back on the course of … Continue reading
A reader sent me this amusing graphic. I was reminded of two things. First, years ago in Rome there was a common wall-scrawl from the spray-painting vandals: CLORO AL CLERO. I was also reminded of the facetious post I made … Continue reading
At APotD I saw this interesting news: Pluto has a fifth moon!
A fifth moon has been discovered orbiting Pluto. The moon was discovered earlier this month in images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope in preparation for the New Horizons … Continue reading
What is you good news?
Do you have some good thing you can share with the readers?
It is encouraging to hear about the good things happening to people who participate here.
For my part, apart from all the other pressing things, yesterday … Continue reading
From a reader:
Regarding the Sabbatine Privilege, it is my understanding that person may meet the requirements by reciting the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary or, if given permission by their priest, saying the Rosary.
My question is may a … Continue reading