- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Nan said Fr. visiting priest from Boston is in town for Bis...
- Maria said Fr. Michel-Marie, a Cassock in Deep Marseille R...
- ies0716 said This is consistent with the way traditionalist cri...
- philbert said The cassock has advantages, as even Anglicans reco...
- Elizabeth D said Good call, CNS. His article was inappropriate and...
- Elizabeth D said “He can easily stash away enough money to bu...
- Magpie said “We invite you to criticize our institutions witho...
- tcreek said I would suspect this action will cause an outburst...
- Absit invidia said I was once criticized by a youth minister for usin...
- Unwilling said I have not seen a priest wearing a cassock in seve...
- Legisperitus said That first list of bullet points is happily remini...
- Saint1106 said Cassocks are are very useful, easy to take on and...
- Per Signum Crucis said Rachel K, Three actually. And I think that Basher...
- Mike said [TLM:] St. Jerome calls Isaiah an evangelist. Ma...
- Priam1184 said @jm You’re right I think. It’s all a...
- slainewe said From the point of view of a sinner, why omit somet...
- Geoffrey said It’s funny. I am very much a “say the...
- jm said IF Jamie were right about His Holiness’ blindness...
- kevinm said Chimed in…thank you. AMDG, Kevin
- Priam1184 said Thanks Father for posting this.
- Fr Tim Finigan said Your advice is very sensible, Father. As tininrich...
- SKAY said http://davidgibson.religionnews.com/2013/12/06/fox...
- hicks said What about a fairly traditional crucifix, only the...
- Mike said This may be my favorite Hopkins poem. Thanks for p...
- tominrichmond said The FSSP use the second Confiteor. When I inquire...
- jacobi said As and when I get to a Latin Lass, the second Conf...
- wanda said Thanks, Fr. Z.
- Elizabeth D said The bird on the table is an orange fronted conure...
- Elizabeth D said I feel that in our efforts to celebrate the Mass o...
- Pastor in Valle said Father, your reply is very sensible and just what...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 20 July 2012
I have been disconnected for most of the day. No news, very little social media, a couple phone calls. I posted a few things here, but without surfing around. I’ve been busy with other things.
Then, in the afternoon, I took … Continue reading
From a priest:
In my diocese we are often asked (read, expected, pressured) to participate in or to celebrate Masses in more than one language in the name of multi-culturalism. I am not talking Latin here. The result is that for … Continue reading
From a reader:
Hi FrZ ~
I never had a bumper sticker before. Then I just had to have one of yours…and then 2…now look what you started!! :o)
The little hearts between my husband & I are for our 6 wee ones … Continue reading
From a reader:
1. We have Sunday mass at our village chapel which does not have a Tabernacle, so the priest has to Consecrate all the host for communion. However, there are times we run out and he takes unconsecrated wafers … Continue reading
I received this note from a priest of the FSSP:
Just a quick note regarding our Fall dates for Low Mass Priest Training at our seminary from 17-21 September.
Also, if there is interest, much of our Latin Mass Training Video, is available for online viewing here.
Let’s … Continue reading
I was sent a link to an article in The Remnant on the SSPX situation. The article contains the following statements:
Instead of harassing Bishop Fellay to sign a doctrinal preamble, the Vatican should require every superior, university president and ordinary … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’m a 28 year old, white, married, male with 3 children, a decent job, two degrees in Theology and an ever-growing chip on my shoulder. I know enough to know that there is always a “storm period” after … Continue reading
From a reader:
I will be attending a catholic university in the fall, and I have recently learned that it teaches heresy. While I am not shocked by this, I am concerned about myself and my faith. I am still a … Continue reading
I remember watching this as if it were yesterday.
Pres. Obama has destroyed our space program and sold our collective imagination.
From Bill Bennett’s American Patriot’s Daily Almanac:
“The Eagle has landed.”
On July 20, 1969, Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz … Continue reading