You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- dn.philip.mathew said With all due respect to my Catholic friends, I bel...
- benedictgal said Considering that Fr. Ruff was behind this survey,...
- Sam Schmitt said For most of the critics of the new translation, th...
- Animadversor said Please pray for me as I deal with very grave inter...
- Athelstan said gjp, That’s the translation of the collect i...
- Mamma B said “I eagerly await the foundation of the Presi...
- lampada said APX said: I know there’s also an intrinsic conn...
- newyork said The survey seems deficient. First, only 32 of 178...
- Vox Laudis said For the upcoming pastoral re-assignments in our di...
- gjp said http://www.walsingham-church.org/site/Liturgical_N...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The 1973 ICEL example Fr. Z cites seems to be some...
- OrthodoxChick said mamajen, He’s such a cutie!! I love the tie...
- frjim4321 said I was at a very large con-celebrated mass today du...
- gjp said I became an altar boy in 1987 in the diocese of th...
- bookworm said Speaking of being prepared, I recently stumbled ac...
- e.e. said The news showed some cell phone video footage that...
- Fr Martin Fox said Catholic Hokie: The practice you describe–us...
- FXR2 said Father z, When I was an altar boy in the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said This probably won’t matter much to most peop...
- Suz. from Oklah. said Not only is Oklahoma a praying state, but it’...
- StJude said mamajen… oh my that is one cute baby!!! Cong...
- Andkaras said I have regretfully never had one of such” re...
- Athelstan said As an aside, Fr. Z’s inclusion of the new an...
- Charles E Flynn said My experience: A priest who, before the new transl...
- The Egyptian said I have been thinking along this line for a while,...
- Athelstan said “I suppose it’s just the mindset of those wh...
- onosurf said Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
- Robbie said I don’t often leave comments, but when I do...
- BobP said >First, if you don’t like the new translation,...
- friarpark said We have a situation where a lot of the old transla...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 30 July 2012
His Eminence Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago, has published a piece on the archdiocesan website.
His Eminence gralloched Mayor Rahm Emanuel on the issue of “Chicago values”.
My emphases and comments:
Monday, July 30, 2012
Reflections on “Chicago values”
Recent comments by those who … Continue reading
From a reader:
What is the proper/traditional etiquette for newcomers, particularly those registered in a parish, when it comes to formal introductions to the priest, (specifically British customs if you know them)? I was taught it is rude and improper to … Continue reading
Are you a Catholic who voted for The First Gay President?
Democrats are set to include a pro-gay marriage plank in their convention platform for the first time in history, party sources confirm to POLITICO. The language was approved … Continue reading
There was some controversy (HERE) about the position of the USA’s Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter for former Anglicans in communion with Rome concerning the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. The head of the US Ordinariate, Msgr. Jeffrey … Continue reading
At the site of Catholic World Report there is and interview with author Roger Kimball about his new book, The Fortunes of Permanence: Culture and Anarchy in an Age of Amnesia (UK link HERE). Within the interview you will find this … Continue reading
From a reader:
First, thank you for your internet ministry and your tireless promotion of the liturgical use of Latin.
My parish is being renovated and Mass is temporarily being celebrated in a nearby university chapel. Since the chapel is non-denominational, it … Continue reading
From a reader:
Our new pastor recently published a letter in the bulletin [I've cut that out in order to "anonymize" this.] in which he uses the GIRM [General Instruction on the Roman Missal] to argue that those who genuflect before … Continue reading