- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- McCall1981 said That little moment when this secular magizine wrot...
- joecct77 said The genuflection in the NO has become rare, theref...
- wmeyer said I’m not sure that Time’s endorsement i...
- Nancy D. said Father, with all due respect, according to the boo...
- benedetta said N.B. It is not uncommon for people to bring a lot...
- majuscule said I am sorry, the above link was wrong!!!! http://ww...
- majuscule said And see what Time did on their “opinion poll...
- Torpedo1 said We still say it at St. Agnes Fr. Z. Please come ba...
- Imrahil said Dear @TXKathi, It seems that if we’re saying the w...
- mamajen said I’ll take it. Yeah, they chose him for the w...
- James C said I won’t forget Time’s evil, defamatory...
- Kennedy said Interesting comments above, and I’d agree wi...
- mamajen said …doing their mini-van imitation… LOL!...
- anna 6 said I had a similar thought about this…that Bene...
- Fr AJ said I think this is a great thing, the Church has suff...
- robtbrown said Hans says: No actually, robtbrown, the intention t...
- Dr. Edward Peters said PpF, POY? Meh.
- Eliane said With Stalin, Hitler and Kissinger on the list, at...
- StJude said One of my favorite people on twitter tweeted this:...
- wanda said Thank you, Fr. Z.
- Mike said I’m a pretty healthy guy, by the grace of Go...
- semperficatholic said Concerning the veil…GREAT! Concerning your p...
- David Zampino said Being the proud father of 8, this piece made me ch...
- TXKathi said I have often wondered about this. There used to b...
- pjthom81 said And in related news, there are more diocesan pries...
- Father Maurer said The Church prescribes bowing at the mention of the...
- Doc Angelicus said I have searched the word “capitalism”...
- TheAcolyte said On the traditional Mass practice for Christmas, ...
- Phil_NL said Slainewe, It would be beyond silly if anyone is of...
- MB said Doesn’t it say in Thessalonians, “aspire to live...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: August 2012
I couldn’t resist posting this, for your entertainment:
Technorati Tags: Pres. Obama, The First Gay President
Some recent posts as they scroll along off the front page.
Your Urgent Prayer Requests
Blue Moon… you saw me standing alone…
Washington state: Bishop warned by state over defense of marriage campaign
Radio interview with a priest who learned the Extraordinary … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for prayers. Many requests are heart-achingly grave and urgent.
We should support each other in works of mercy.
As long as my blog reaches so many readers in … Continue reading
Now I’m no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
BLUE MOON: Tonight’s full Moon is the second full Moon this month. According to modern folklore, that makes it a “Blue Moon.” Strange but … Continue reading
A while back I posted: Are we witnessing the establishment of a “state religion”?
From the site of CNBC:
Washington state Catholic bishop warned over anti-gay marriage campaign
OLYMPIA, Washington (Reuters) – Washington state regulators have warned a Roman Catholic bishop that his … Continue reading
Go HERE to hear an interview by Larry Roach on Fidelis Radio with Fr. Michael Rodriguez of the Diocese of El Paso. You have probably heard of him. Father was involved in a huge dust up in the defense of … Continue reading
Given my response the other day, and the ensuing reactions, about seminaries and the TLM and the Latin language, the following is timely.
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli has a piece today in Vatican Insider about a theoretical document from the desk … Continue reading
The National catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is out to get Bishop Finn.
Fishwrap has been carrying on a jihad against Bishop Robert Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph ever since he arrived. Fishwrap’s offices are within that diocese.
A … Continue reading
It is interesting to compare dioceses for the numbers of their vocations to the priesthood. Some swanky and tony dioceses have few. Some fly-over dioceses have many. What are they doing differently? Which are the differentiating factors? Is it something … Continue reading
Vatican publisher enters e-book market in Italiano
Posted on August 30, 2012 by Cindy Wooden
VATICAN CITY — The Vatican publishing house’s exclusive contract with Apple to market a series of books through iTunes made headlines in Italy, where it marked a … Continue reading