Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Uxixu said I would be interested in how the diocese set up on...
- Uxixu said I do wish parishes would celebrate the hours in Ch...
- Henry Edwards said Regarding the obligation to recite or pray the div...
- Stephen Matthew said …wanders by aimlessly mumbling something inc...
- Margaret said Please pray for the repose of the soul of Tricia J...
- Nathan said I am certain that your reader, Father, was motivat...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Nicholas says: What about priests on the moon, in...
- Nicholas said But Father, but Father! What about priests on the...
- Imrahil said An aside remark (for those who indulge in chucklin...
- Nicholas said Fishwrap is now young and hip. This effort will, I...
- robtbrown said . . . Pope Francis has taken a different, and hist...
- JesusFreak84 said I do have to wonder at what point we reach “...
- Torpedo1 said Praying for all intentions here, especially Fr. Z&...
- ChrisRawlings said Of course, I meant “Bride,” and not ...
- ChrisRawlings said Here’s the thing: if you’re going to create a webs...
- Imrahil said What of those who cannot accept in good conscience...
- benedetta said Not sure how they expect to “get the story r...
- majuscule said A quick look at Crux shows the comments on the art...
- Gerard Plourde said It’s rather curious that the Boston Globe wo...
- Johnsum said My take on this initiative by the Globe is that it...
- SaintJude6 said I read a couple of the articles after they were li...
- Margaret said A homeschooler, mother to four young children, was...
- nola catholic said “Crux is slick. They have had a big, splashy...
- Montenegro said I lived for 13 years in the AD of Boston, from 199...
- AndyMo said “Some people stay afterwards to say the Rosa...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Paul VI’s Humanae Vitae did not strike...
- Legisperitus said “Ban” is like “policy,” a...
- Maynardus said This isn’t a “me too!” post but...
- A Sinner said I read this post only because you were introducing...
- kpoterack said I had the same reaction. I linked to one of their...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
- Music fit for heaven: New CD of William Byrd Masses by Choir of Westminster Cathedral
- “Welcome to Hell! Here’s your ice cream!”
- MANHATTAN: Holy Innocents Church – Reprieve until Spring 2015?
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs at TLM… permitted?
- UK: Parish resuscitated by Extraordinary Form. New Evangelization continues
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 4 August 2012
My sorting continues.
Among the small things I have rediscovered are the Cardinal Zen keychain.
And then I found my long lost favorite pyx. Very nice.
They don’t make them like that anymore, I’m afraid.
I am still waiting for more offers on the … Continue reading
Be sure to consult YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS.
Some posts as they scroll along.
MARS LANDING SOON! Gravity of Mars is now pulling Curiosity.
Some notes to review before the LCWR Assembly in St. Louis
Wherein women can comment about clothing and modesty.
November meeting … Continue reading
From the JPL:
Mars Tugging on Approaching NASA Rover Curiosity
August 04, 2012
PASADENA, Calif. – The gravitational tug of Mars is now pulling NASA’s car-size geochemistry laboratory, Curiosity, in for a suspenseful landing in less than 40 hours. [About 35 as I … Continue reading
The long-anticipated annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious will soon begin in St. Louis, MO. The local ordinary, Archbp. Robert Carlson is slated to speak at the assembly. There is an article about the assembly at the … Continue reading
Another entry is being derailed into a discussion of women’s clothing and modesty. It’s a great topic, but was a rabbit hole.
Therefore, I am opening this entry here. I will now back out slowly of the room, while whispering the … Continue reading
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli of Vatican Insider with my emphases and comments.
Year of Faith: The first meeting of faithful in favour of the rules of the “Summorum Pontificum” has been called for 3 November and will take place in the Vatican. … Continue reading
Here is a little Patristiblogger offering for your midday consideration.
This morning a priest friend and I were talking about the problems of leadership and being hated, loved, or feared.
Classic question: Is it better to be loved or feared?
Machiavelli had his … Continue reading
Archbp. Sartain offered to attend LCWR Assembly. In a spirit of dialogue, The Nuns rejected his gesture.
The other day in the National Catholic Register, I read a piece about the upcoming annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). The writer, Ann Carey, is all over this … Continue reading
According to the traditional Roman calendar, today is the feast of St. Dominic. Happy feast to all Dominicans and Dominics.
As I work systematically through my list of intentions for Holy Masses, today brought up His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke!
I am … Continue reading