Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- pelerin said The chicken says ‘now that I would like to s...
- mary said Thank you Fr.
- Chon said New Sister, I indeed know about St. James…se...
- Montenegro said Thank you Father.
- benedetta said For example the sacredness of holy matrimony betwe...
- katherine collins said The people of Albany DID have a voice in the selec...
- kevinm said Thank you Father… Kevin
- benedetta said Bishop Sample’s words that “we may hav...
- benedetta said This is very beautiful to see, and what an outstan...
- LarryW2LJ said Fr. Z, you’re in my prayers, by name, every...
- The Masked Chicken said ” and for the children fathered by the dead...
- q7swallows said Utterly transfixing sermon. I appreciated most o...
- New Sister said @Sword40, @ Chon – have you seen the newly renova...
- Henry Edwards said Kindspirit, “Certainly the architecture that...
- Chon said Per Signum Crucis: I was also wondering about the...
- jflare said “Nevertheless, I find boasting about turning...
- Bea said Thank you Father. Heard it loud and clear. I hope...
- jaykay said It won’t change in the UK and Ireland, as Pe...
- afanco said Just wanted to note that +Povish was not an Archbi...
- Mike said Temptation operates in the mind, which, like a spo...
- acardnal said Facta, Patience. Fr. Z is in travel mode.
- Michael said “Right. Good will, meaning the will to obey...
- Sulo said NOTE: I wrote “the things said lend themselv...
- Sulo said Dear Netmilsmom: The point I tried to make–i...
- Facta Non Verba said I’ve been listening every day, too. I’...
- Gerard Plourde said Prayers and best wishes for a safe trip.
- HobokenZephyr said Are you on Delta? In the South, if somebody tells...
- Convert Journal – Elsewhere: church gun raffle said [...] Zuhlsdorf also offers his views on the subje...
- Netmilsmom said To those of us who hang on Father Zs every word, w...
- Sulo said … Journal: And that’s what seems to have bee...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Daily Archives: 5 August 2012
Go buy some grapes and take them to the priest for the Feast of the Transfiguration, with a page from the Rituale Romanum (go to p. 345 – Benedictio uvarum), or cut and paste the English text (below, or here) … Continue reading
Pope Liberius (352-366) was Bishop of Rome in difficult times.
In 350 the Emperor Constans was assassinated and Constantius became the sole Emperor by defeating Magnentius. Some bishops in the East who opposed St. Athanasius in Egypt appealed to Liberius to … Continue reading
Was there a good point in the Sunday Sermon you heard?
Let us know what it was.
I plan to watch the live stream of the Curiosity landing tonight.
If you haven’t seen it yet, here is a video from the JPL about the terrifying landing stage:
Technorati Tags: Curiosity, Mars, Mars Rover
From a reader:
I went to confession at a neighboring parish that had recently received a 70-something priest who I know to be a bit free-wheeling as far as anything liturgical or doctrinal. This made me nervous going, but I needed … Continue reading
Note in the second paragraph of the story that, at this blasphemous and sacrilegious “Mass”, the dissidents gave the Eucharist to a dog.
Let’s not be speciesist, after all. This is where dissent leads.
Note that this priest has already had … Continue reading
Are the LCWR and lefty mainstream media distracting attention from abuse of children by women religious?
My friend The Motley Monk has a must read piece at American Catholic about the LCWR and what is, and isn’t, behind the recent “hostile takeover” by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
Read the whole thing THERE, but here … Continue reading
When the priest, alter Christus, says our prayers during Holy Mass, Christ, Head of the Body, speaks. His words have power to form us. As Catholics, formed according to the mind of the Church, we then go out from Mass … Continue reading