- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said I almost forgot this: more and more young healthy...
- Darren said I recall, upon returning to NJ after my first busi...
- Facta Non Verba said Government programs often end up hurting the very...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said “Affordable” care indeed! Our governm...
- nykash said I, too, might be a bit more direct. “Here...
- JohnnyZoom said I’d like to get all the uptalkers and all th...
- teejay329 said My vote is for the cassock. I was born in 1969 and...
- LarryW2LJ said One of the Amateur Radio Volunteer Examiners on th...
- Ben Kenobi said It isn’t that they are economically illitera...
- The Masked Chicken said The fear of sacred objects or priests (also a sacr...
- Ben Kenobi said Imrahil, I stopped reading that comment at ‘...
- oldCatholigirl said Although I have watched, appalled, for years at th...
- Ben Kenobi said “If you feel I was attacking Millenials, and...
- teomatteo said “Alas, I am a language chameleon. I quickly...
- Gretchen said I read Shaw’s blunt, even harsh, assessment...
- trad catholic mom said Speak the truth get fired, support heterodoxy get...
- pontiacprince said You know, I hadn’t heard of this until I re...
- Gregg the Obscure said OF Mass for 2d Sunday of Advent: St. Matthew empha...
- Ben Kenobi said It is odd, the Byzantine Catholic admonishes the L...
- wmeyer said One of the greatest problems we now face is that m...
- The Masked Chicken said I have presented a few papers to the Acoustical So...
- Liz said It grates on people’s nerves for a reason. A...
- Deacon Augustine said As a deacon who wears his cassock frequently, I wo...
- Vincent said Our EF has been moved to the new Oratorian church...
- albinus1 said You can hear the feminizing of men’s voices...
- Facta Non Verba said Well done. Thanks Father.
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- kevinm said Chimed in…thank you. Kevin
- Happy Anniversary ! ! ! | Being Frank said [...] 50 years ago last Wednesday [...]
- pjsandstrom said Have you never heard a ‘true Catholic Northe...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 6 August 2012
I am learning about this “branchless” online banking thing that is emerging. I view it with suspicion.
Technorati Tags: branchless banking, internet banking
From the LCWR… er ummm… Fishwrap. The National Catholic Reporter has an article on the LCWR’s keynote speaker: Barbara Marx Hubbard.
Read below and then ponder why the LCWR refused to allow the CDF’s liaison Bp. Sartain to attend their assembly. … Continue reading
Let us know what your good news is. I think we can all use it.
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
I often listen to the hours sung by the monks at Le Barroux. Today for Sext the melody of the usual text of the hymn Rector potens verax Deus was strikingly beautiful. Here … Continue reading
From The Irish Times:
French prayer to oppose gay unions
The French Catholic Church will revive a centuries-old custom next week with an updated national “prayer for France” opposing the same-sex marriage and euthanasia reforms planned by the new Socialist government. [Did … Continue reading
From a reader:
At my parish, when the priest is done reading the Gospel, he says not only “the Gospel of the Lord” but “the Good News, the Gospel of the Lord“. Also, when Mass is ended, our priest says “May … Continue reading
This is the Feast of the Transfiguration of Our Lord.
The word transfiguratio is interesting in itself. In classical, post-Augustan Latin Pliny used this for “a change of shape”. However, that is not what happened with Christ on the mountain, probably … Continue reading
This was so cool. I stayed up to watch the landing of the Mars Rover. I felt like a little kid again.
New photos from Mars Rover Curiositas:
I watched it again and it gave me goose-flesh, again.
Shorter, of just the … Continue reading