Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- James in Perth: Feast of the Presentati on – one of the most blessed memories of my life. I was in Rome on pilgrimage with my parish choir. We auditioned via recording much earlier and were...
- Prayerful: Fr used the Gospel as the basis of talking about making a good Confession . The Centurion stated what he could do, his powers, succinctly , and what he believed Jesus could do, that is,...
- Andrew: If I was to write, it would go something like this: Your Holiness: I know you get a lot of letters so I will make this brief and to the point. Here is what I suggest: a grille in a confes...
- Lucas: I gotta ask, what book are you reading? I need a new book and a Japanese mystery sounds great.
- Sixupman: Nothing for me to say – except a good laugh for the truth.
- Semper Gumby: Great email from that priest, post, and book. God bless our priests. Great comments.
- Imrahil: Dear Fr Andrew, interestin g. I was told, a couple of years ago, that there is indeed the old theory of the Vatican Post being much quicker, but this was no longer the case; you would...
- Ad Orientem: For those inclined to the more traditiona l form of address 230; * The ink must always be black; coloured inks are forbidden; first, because they are contrary to traditiona l usage,...
- Fr. Kelly: Ylonila del Mar says: I imagine that things like these become second nature eventually , especially for clerics. That’s why I wonder why a number of priests, when saying the prayers...
- LarryW2LJ: Thanks for the tips, Fr. Z. I guess I’ll give it a shot. I’ve got nothing to lose and I guess the worst that can happen is that my letter could possibly end up in a circu...
- Benedict Joseph: It is well documented almost on a daily basis that Pope Francis speaks out of both sides of his mouth. He doesn’t want to hear that or any other honest and accurate critique of his...
- Jim Dorchak: I live in Chile and the most common phrase heard here is: Pope Who?
- JonPatrick: EF Mass. The Centurion must have had respect for human life as he cared about his servant. He had faith in Jesus and his power to heal, His faith was stronger than that of the Jews. The...
- grateful: Here is some mailing info: https://po stcalc.usp s.com/Calc ulator/Sha peAndSize? country=10 500&cc ode=VA& ;omil=Fals e&dmil =False& ;mdt=1%2F2 2%2F2018&a mp;mdz=...
- Ylonila del Mar: Fr. CiszekR 17;s story reminds me of a Jesuit friend of mine, age 88. I took him to a Tridentine High Mass last November. After the Mass, he was telling me how he still rememb...
- Nan: Publican and Pharisee, 2nd Sunday of pre-lent. FatherR 17;s homily was about change, our change, framed in context of the Gospel.
- zag4christ: I attended Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes Cathedral today. The homily was given by the rector, Fr. Darren Connall. After the reading from Jonah, then the second reading from Paul to the...
- frjim4321: Referred to the alert last Saturday morning in Hawaii, comparing it to the Sitz im Leben of the Corinthian s, expecting the Second Coming as a matter of hours or days and not the centu...
- Philmont237: My four year old daughter has the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Apostles’ Creed, Hail Holy Queen, Guardian Angel Prayer, Grace Before Meals, and all of her Mass parts memoriz...
- billy15: I actually think this is pretty cool. Might as well take advantage of it. I think I might honestly answer a question he had in that collection of essays and interviews that came out at the...
- ABird: I went to the parish I grew up in this weekend, as I was visiting family. The priest gave an entire homily focused on repentance and did not mention confession once. I found it odd.
- Ef-lover: Today in the Byzantine rite it is the Sunday of the Publican and Pharisee aka the second Sunday of pre-lent. Father explained the gospel he told us that the pray of the Pharisee was not a...
- TonyO: Dear Father, thank you for the response. a friend of mine who is a policeman told me about that purpose for the trucks. And yes, there were many other trucks at many other intersecti ons. I...
- Gaetano: Another considerat ion is that Fr. Ciszek may have been celebratin g the Divine Liturgy with all eight tones, adding a whole other layer of complexity to his work of memorizati on. http:...
- Charles E Flynn: Some older etiquette books claim that there is a final line to the address: Europe This US government page does not have this possible detail, but agrees that Vatican City is not...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Card. Burke speaks up
- #OafForADay – Deacon in vestments and a dog mask
- We Are Our Rites! Wherein Fr. Z rants after reading Peter Kwasniewski
- Rutler writes about “men with chests”. The “impossible dream”?
- The Pope wants to hear from you. No. Really. He wants the “sensus fidelium”.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- From a priest: an interesting experience saying Mass
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 22 August 2012
Romney: Cardinal Dolan to offer convention prayer
NEW YORK (AP) — Roman Catholic Cardinal Timothy Dolan will give the benediction at the Republican National Convention on the night Mitt Romney accepts the presidential nomination. The cardinal’s spokesman said the appearance … Continue reading
I understand that The First Gay President is on a big education kick right now.
During a trip to a college campus in Ohio, he and some supporters spelled out the name of the hosting state:
Unless, of course, they were … Continue reading
In the traditional Roman calendar, today is the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. In the newer calendar it is the memorial of the Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Either way it is also the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can the Last Gospel and the prayers at the foot of the altar be a part of the Ordinary Form? Also, can the priest say, “May the body of Our Lord Jesus Christ preserve your soul unto life … Continue reading