Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- makreitzer said Gosh, we all must have been involved in the same R...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said My priest observed something that I have frequentl...
- Hans said I’d be just as happy if you cut my previous...
- Fuquay Steve said EF. Father spoke of the healing of the leper and t...
- CaliCatholicGuy said 3rd Sunday in ordinary time NO mass today. Father...
- Suudy said Seppe, great quote. That strategy works if the le...
- Susan G said Father reminded us that our daily examen should ha...
- frjim4321 said First element of the call to discipleship is the c...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I think we have to look realisitically at what is...
- MrsMacD said I appologize whole heartedly for my initial commen...
- Maltese said I’m a Traditionalist Catholic with the disti...
- gramma10 said Our priest used to be an Anglican Bishop. The Sund...
- jflare said *sigh* I didn’t intend responding, but I thi...
- Denis Crnkovic said Father ended his sermon with, “Go to confess
- timfout said Father’s sermon focused on the reality that...
- mburn16 said Our Priest, too, talked about vocation – in...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Gladiarix, Interestingly postulated! And if Henry...
- Ben's son said Monsignor read the lyrics to Harry Chapin’s...
- Venerator Sti Lot said An interesting, relevant post on vulgar Latin verb...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. said that we can never think our sins are so t...
- The Cobbler said Jonah succeeds in convincing all Nineveh to repent...
- Supertradmum said Well, as the priest said after Mass to some of us,...
- SKAY said My apologies arrowsmith-it was Georgetown who cove...
- Fr Martin Fox said I’m visiting Florida for retreat, and this i...
- Phil_NL said “When is enough, enough?” A question t...
- ts said Well, being the 3rd Sunday after Epiphany and the...
- Rachel K said I have to agree with you, pannw, that we are in tr...
- Gail F said You will all enjoy this piece from the satiric sit...
- WmHesch said On the road for business and visited the FSSP pari...
- Bea said We should treat everyone alike; Friends or foes. G...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- “Namore of this, for Goddes dignitee … Thy drasty riming is nat worth a toord!”
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- “Don’t tell me you don’t wish to fight; for the moment you tell me that, you are already fighting.”
- Undeveloped photos from WWII found
- Travel altar cards for TLM – special sale
- Holy Communion at mega Mass in Manila – POLLS
- “Five Revealing Details” about Pope Francis
- Have Catholic Democrats heard Pope Francis’ denunciation of same-sex stuff?
- ITALY: Muslims smash, urinate on statue of Mary
- ACTION ITEM – POLL – Card. Burke on Church becoming “feminized” UPDATE
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 28 August 2012
The Holy Father’s Angelus address from last Sunday.
There is something intriguing here. The full text of Pope Benedict’s Angelus message is below with my emphases and comments:
Dear brothers and sisters!
In the past few Sundays we have meditated on the “Bread … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate noticed a piece at Vatican Insider in which His Eminence Walter Card. Brandmüller expressed himself about the Novus Ordo, aka “the Mass of Paul VI” and “the Ordinary Form”. He says what we know is true … Continue reading
HHS revises mandate third time; foes say it misses the point
Washington D.C., Aug 28, 2012 / 03:58 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A slight revision of the federal contraception mandate offers some additional protection for certain religious employers but is not … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: If a priest cannot say Mass in the Extraordinary Form, is he properly trained? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
From a reader:
At ordination, the rector of the seminary is asked if the candidate is fully prepared for priestly duties. If a priest cannot say Mass in the E F, should that be considered not being prepared to assume his … Continue reading
From a reader:
Some churches in my diocese have recently begun the practice of having no altar cloth. I.e., only when Mass is said is there a small cloth unfolded on the altar beneath the paten and chalice — otherwise the … Continue reading
And it ain’t Marvin the Martian.
First, here is a very cool hi-def telephoto shot taken by Curiosity, the newest of the Mars rovers.
The image of nearby Mt. Sharp was taken with a 100-millimeter telephoto lens and the 34-milllimeter wide angle … Continue reading
I FIXED THE POLL WIDGET
Several people have written to me about the length of time a priest does/should elevate the Host and the chalice after the consecration.
The length of time I elevate the Host is, of course, ideal. If asked, … Continue reading