Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Tina in Ashburn said Correction The Church conditionally baptized to en...
- yatzer said I know a college student who went to Cuba last yea...
- jacobi said So much of the trouble in the Church today can be...
- edwardswyco said I was baptized as a Presbyterian and my experience...
- Stephen Matthew said The Masked Chicken, Perhaps this is a case where a...
- yatzer said O’Hare gets my personal vote for least desir...
- Mike said No airport in these USA is more soul-destroying (l...
- Orphrey said Similar to Dr. William Oddie, I have been disturbe...
- Gregg the Obscure said Flying is a nasty chore. Midway airport in Chicago...
- Dcduo said It’s sound advice though. Have you ever trie...
- Latin Mass Type said All this talk (not here on this blog of course) of...
- cwillia1 said Cuba remains a vicious, totalitarian state. It may...
- jacobi said And no impromtu press conferences standing up in f...
- Sandy said When I read such an article as this, I want to sho...
- msc said Josemaria: it is the “sending”, i.e.,...
- sisu said One gets the feeling (from the Kasper, Coccopalmer...
- Prayerful said People with Che junk are either weak-minded poseur...
- Josemaria said What about the word “Mass” implies sac...
- The Masked Chicken said “Over-schooled people, long sheltered from t...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Luke 2: 19 But Mary kept all these things, ponder...
- JBS said “Some of the mistakes we make in life can’t...
- MGL said Cantor, In fairness, why is the remarried divorcee...
- Mike said Perhaps the kneeling communicated more swiftly the...
- Del said “they have been like color-blind people befo...
- msc said However, the vast majority of instances of battlef...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said It is axiomatic in Common, Civil, and Canon Law: &...
- Pat said Be aware that both Cardinals, Kasper and Coccopalm...
- Traductora said That’s a very good history of Church involve...
- Absit invidia said The noisy disrespectful chaos afterwards is the pr...
- Peregrinator said Just a minor note about BXVI and Cuba. Certainly,...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
- Blog problems – UPDATES
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- CD of beautiful Christmas music – VIDEO
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 28 August 2012
The Holy Father’s Angelus address from last Sunday.
There is something intriguing here. The full text of Pope Benedict’s Angelus message is below with my emphases and comments:
Dear brothers and sisters!
In the past few Sundays we have meditated on the “Bread … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate noticed a piece at Vatican Insider in which His Eminence Walter Card. Brandmüller expressed himself about the Novus Ordo, aka “the Mass of Paul VI” and “the Ordinary Form”. He says what we know is true … Continue reading
HHS revises mandate third time; foes say it misses the point
Washington D.C., Aug 28, 2012 / 03:58 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A slight revision of the federal contraception mandate offers some additional protection for certain religious employers but is not … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: If a priest cannot say Mass in the Extraordinary Form, is he properly trained? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
From a reader:
At ordination, the rector of the seminary is asked if the candidate is fully prepared for priestly duties. If a priest cannot say Mass in the E F, should that be considered not being prepared to assume his … Continue reading
From a reader:
Some churches in my diocese have recently begun the practice of having no altar cloth. I.e., only when Mass is said is there a small cloth unfolded on the altar beneath the paten and chalice — otherwise the … Continue reading
And it ain’t Marvin the Martian.
First, here is a very cool hi-def telephoto shot taken by Curiosity, the newest of the Mars rovers.
The image of nearby Mt. Sharp was taken with a 100-millimeter telephoto lens and the 34-milllimeter wide angle … Continue reading
I FIXED THE POLL WIDGET
Several people have written to me about the length of time a priest does/should elevate the Host and the chalice after the consecration.
The length of time I elevate the Host is, of course, ideal. If asked, … Continue reading