You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Clinton R. said It is unfortunate that so many already are interpr...
- Matthias1 said I like the following comment someone made: –...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I have limited time to watch this thread at the mo...
- Priam1184 said In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram…
- johnmann said Would you fulfill your natural law obligation by a...
- chonak said If I understand it right, communicatio in sacris i...
- MichaelJ said Fr. Fox, ultimately you are saying (and I agree) t...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters No disrespect, doc. I think t...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Still waiting for (a) a prohibition that is curren...
- Giuseppe said I agree with Father Z. Out of respect for the Ort...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Dr. Edward Peters Pius XI (1928) in the encyclic...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: Speaking for myself, it’s not a ques...
- John Scott said Fr. Z, THANK YOU for pointing out with tact and re...
- anilwang said Ignatius says: “the Eastern Orthodox faith i...
- Fr Martin Fox said What I’m going to say would seem to be obvio...
- UncleBlobb said “And who knows how what Francis says in thes...
- iPadre said Two things: 1. I think the Vatican News Services d...
- Imrahil said Dear @Fr Fox, thank you very much. Dear @wmeyer, I...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “What about the prohibition on praying with...
- Fr Martin Fox said Patricius: You may deem the Orthodox to be heretic...
- trad catholic mom said You can receive the antidoron ( leavened blessed b...
- NYer said How can anyone look at images such as these and no...
- ronconte said Suppose — as a pure hypothetical — tha...
- PatriciusOenus said @ AJS @Fr. AJ I wasn’t talking about Eastern...
- Ignatius said What smad0142 said. Though we cannot pass judgmen...
- anilwang said onosurf says: “Communion from Greek Orthodox...
- Supertradmum said The 1969 North American Greek Orthodox Theological...
- Cosmos said Why can’t we just admit that we (meaning the...
- smad0142 said As a Ukrainian Catholic I have always struggled wi...
- Geoffrey said “The question is: Will they be in the AAS?...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Vatican publisher enters e-book market in Italiano
Posted on August 30, 2012 by Cindy Wooden
VATICAN CITY — The Vatican publishing house’s exclusive contract with Apple to market a series of books through iTunes made headlines in Italy, where it marked a … Continue reading
From Card. Dolan’s blog, comes the text of his prayer at the end of the 2012 GOP convention.
Since I originally post this, more text was added to the Cardinal’s blog entry. Welcome to the blogosphere to whomever it was that … Continue reading
Once again the Call To Holiness Conference will be held near Detroit. Here is the information so that you can mark your calendar.
Celebrating Vatican II in the Modern Era
The 50th anniversary of Vatican II is the topic for the 14th … Continue reading
From a reader:
Thank you father for the time you devote to this blog. I have found it very educational as has my husband.
I would appreciate your thoughts as an outside observer to this question.
We were parishioners for about 5 years … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, usually provides us with the service each day of alerting us to a few interesting news items. I check it every day. Here is one the editor, Luke Coppen, found on UCANews (a … Continue reading
I bring to your attention something from The Catholic League about the recent DUI incurred by Archbishop Cordilone, newly appointed to San Francisco. Liberals are dancing around their bonfires as if Cordilone’s head is already on a stick.
I’ve been watching the … Continue reading
My friend Fr Ray Blake, parish priest in Brighton, has a good analysis of the phenomenon of lay people – lay women – leading Communion services in the absence of priests. Many of us have had the experience of hearing … Continue reading