- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Elly said I agree, but I have also noticed that there are mo...
- greinkebs said I hope the video of the circus “mass”...
- HighMass said Dominic1955, Have you ever heard of bugnini’...
- Rachel K said Thankyou Father, I managed to listen again today....
- Mike said Listened; thank you!
- Priam1184 said As a man who regularly attends the Ordinary Form I...
- Mercyknight said I could not agree MORE!!! This has been the major...
- JonathanCatholic said “The Church is not falling to pieces. It has never...
- Imrahil said Correct. That said, not as an ideal but as first a...
- JoyIsLikeTheRain said I’m a man, and I would drag my kids to child...
- Ben Kenobi said Well, sir, you have a real talent for exposition....
- Ben Kenobi said “insecure in their own identity and masculin...
- Supertradmum said Prayers for all on this post, btw.
- acricketchirps said Why don’t as many men go to church as women?...
- JARay said I knew Cardinal Heenan when he was the Bishop of L...
- Supertradmum said Prayers for you, Father Z. Please continue to pray...
- Sourpuss translators of Evangelii Gaudium | Hither, Thither, and Yon said [...] translation of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhor...
- Supertradmum said Miss Anita, Pope Francis did use the royal “...
- Stephen Matthew said There is a real issue with liturgy in this yes, th...
- Supertradmum said Card. Heenan’s quotation, which is popular a...
- Mary said I have attended a few of the parishes in the New J...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Either Christ is in charge of His Church or He isn...
- dominic1955 said “Vatican II was not responsible for all the...
- Gregg the Obscure said I am also glad to pray for all here. Please pray f...
- HighMass said One has to wonder what way the Council would have...
- Mariana2 said Happy to pray for all intentions here, and Father...
- Stephen Matthew said In my home parish the choir receives between singi...
- PA mom said Please pray for my father who is having an angiogr...
- HighMass said One has to wonder what way the Council would have...
- frahobbit said Are the guys sitting around the teacup dressed in...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
- ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!
- We are on one side of the threshold we shall soon cross.
- GUEST POST: “…and my wife said, ‘But that’s a good thing!’”
- Reason #10 for Summorum Pontificum
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: September 2012
A quick view from today in Rome.
I met one of my best friends today after Mass at SS. Trinita dei Pellegrini (btw… my Mass was offered today, again, for benefactors… you know who you are), and had a chance to … Continue reading
Do you have some good news? I am sure the readers would be happy to hear about positive things happening out there in the world.
Was there are good point from the sermon you heard while fulfilling your Sunday obligation?
Share it here and help out those who did not hear a good sermon.
From a readerette:
I am absolutely mortified right now! My fussy two year old wiggled out
of my arms during daily low Mass today (READ: Lots of grey hair) and
ran up into the sanctuary to the Altar during the Canon. I tried … Continue reading
The Collect for Sunday Mass this week in the Extraordinary Form wound up in the Ordinary Form Missale Romanum as the Collect for Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent. Go figure. It had an ancient source in the Gelasian … Continue reading
October is a month when we have a lot of pro-life activities and focus.
I bring to your attention that the movie October Baby is available on DVD and Blu-Ray now.
US DVD HERE BLURAY HERE
UK DVD HERE BLURAY HERE
Technorati Tags: abortion, movie, October … Continue reading
Here is a follow up to my post about His Excellency Most Reverend Thomas Patrocki of Springfield in Illinois (the state in which then-State Senator Obama promoted infanticide) and his comments about thinking over your vote this coming November. You might … Continue reading
From the most aggressively pro-abortion president there has ever been… from the man who even backed infanticide in Illinois…
Technorati Tags: abortion, November 2012, Pres. Obama
The other day I picked up at Ancora bookstore near St. Peter’s Basilica a copy of Serafino M. Lanzetta’s book Iuxta Modum: il Vaticano II riletto alla luce della tradizione della Chiesa. The author proposes a re-reading of the … Continue reading