- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Hans said In a fit of humor, robtbrown wrote: Formation is...
- frahobbit said Listen at work, when I take a little break. Thank...
- eiggam said Thank you for this oasis of meditation, Father Z....
- Ganganelli said Unions have been decimated and wealth inequality i...
- Unwilling said “[I deeply, sincerely, hope not.]” Fr...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Would the question of whether or not to kneel be m...
- yatzer said Listening with appreciation from the blog.
- SKAY said Listening on the blog. Thank you, Father.
- New Sister said @ Vincent – too bad you can’t profit f...
- BLB Oregon said –”Oh–and Reynolds is still excommunica...
- markomalley said Thank you Father. I download the podcasts onto my...
- Eliane said I agree, Robbie, that the so-called “left...
- David Rummelhoff said Although the changes made to the text of Evangelii...
- PA mom said Listening off of the blog. Thank you, Father.
- nykash said When at an NO mass, I fight the urge to genuflect...
- Robbie said Count me as one who’s not overwhelmed by thi...
- McCall1981 said Everyone keeps saying that the liberals and the se...
- Bob B. said Sorry….Bless myself.
- truthfinder said I don’t know why it is but my home parish (a...
- DisturbedMary said Though not in my third trimester, I am in the four...
- mburduck said Oh–and Reynolds is still excommunicated. I...
- BLB Oregon said All things that keep Snowden off of the covers of...
- mburduck said Let’s take it! Some folks will be really ups...
- LarryW2LJ said At least the picture is “neutral”. In...
- BLB Oregon said If someone had asked for the vote of Benedict XVI,...
- The Masked Chicken said “I’m waiting for someone to tell me that I s...
- Vincent said New Sister, yes. I do the same. I’ve always...
- The Masked Chicken said “Fires in the home are relatively rare, most...
- catholictrad said I ordered the Church Militant rosary the first mom...
- The Masked Chicken said Time, really, ought to have different subcategorie...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 8 September 2012
If you are a liberal these days, you are losing most arguments that are based in facts. Liberals therefore are resorting to the ad hominem attack, which involves attacking the people they oppose instead of their positions.
For example, I say … Continue reading
Bp. Kieran Conry of the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton as a good idea.
From The Telegraph:
Catholic Church calls for public prayers in offices on Fridays
Millions of Roman Catholics are being urged to stop and pray publicly at 3pm on first … Continue reading
EWTN: The World Over – Arroyo interviews head of Catholics for Obama and Bp. Morlino (Fr. Z comments)
The present episode of EWTN’s The World Over with Raymond Arroyo features Dr. Stephen Schneck, Chairman of Catholics for Obama, and Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison.
The video of the whole episode is HERE.
Arroyo challenges Dr. Schenck especially about … Continue reading
Our Lord promised us that Hell would not prevail against the Church.
He did not promise that Hell would not prevail in the USA, or in your town or parish.
Today we are seeing a shrinking of Holy Church in many places. The … Continue reading
My friend the mighty p.p. of Blacken and Dean of Bexley, His Hermeueticalness, Fr. Finigan, whom I look forward to seeing soon, has a great post at his blog, The Hermeneutic of Continuity, about the upcoming meeting of the British … Continue reading
Our word “translation” means, in essence, to “transfer”. It comes from Latin transfero, which has as one of its forms the participle translatum (trans-fero, tuli, latum). When you transfer something you move it from one place to another.
In churchy language … Continue reading