You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- ecs said If I had a son who was told this by a priest, I wo...
- Nathan said Fr Z, wise and prudent advice. I was amused, tho...
- BLB Oregon said –Obedience is better than sacrifice (especia...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Fr.Z’s answer seems completely sound to me....
- prs1 said I am obviously sad to see this matter raised, but...
- The Masked Chicken said Obedience is NOT the issue, here. There is an old...
- Catholic Granny said Just a thought: if your priest desires “uni...
- Christopher Mc Camley said The issue appears to be standing, not reception on...
- Jim Dorchak said Seems to me that if a priest is a “PRIEST...
- onosurf said Only a NO priest or a priest that offers the TLM i...
- Imrahil said Dear @robtbrown, because of the general principle...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said “By becoming a server and thus a more full p...
- Henry Edwards said “I was at a very large con-celebrated mass t...
- StWinefride said Communion in the hand is not the Catholic way of r...
- Sam Schmitt said @Athelstan: Agreed.
- Legisperitus said “Dynamic equivalence” is neither.
- jenne said Maltese you have sworn me off exercise! LOL —...
- Phil_NL said Robtbrown His right to receive on the tongue may n...
- momoften said I am confused. Why didn’t they observe this...
- robtbrown said Phil_NL says: robtbrown Not how, but by whom – the...
- Phil_NL said robtbrown Not how, but by whom – the person...
- phlogiston said Point taken APX. Point taken! (LOL)
- robtbrown said Imrahil says: If Communion in the hand is merely...
- APX said serving on the altar “AT” the altar....
- Cazienza said I think I would agree with Tradster: If he were my...
- Gail F said While I’m certain this is distressing for th...
- robtbrown said And wouldn’t it be great use as a litmus test the...
- Imrahil said Well, it all depends on our principles. If Communi...
- phlogiston said I can’t imagine continuing my membership in...
- Tradster said Liberals win when the rest of us give in. If he we...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 10 September 2012
On the site of The White House:
Presidential Proclamation — Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance, 2012
PATRIOT DAY AND NATIONAL DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE, 2012
- – – – – – -
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES … Continue reading
There are new Kindles coming. They can be pre-ordered now. They are to be shipped on 15 October.
I love my Kindle. I am reading a novel on my Kindle now, as a matter of fact. Well… I am actually writing this blog … Continue reading
Obama Thugs Rough Up Gallup For Polls They Don’t Like
The Obama Administration’s Justice Department announced, on August 22nd, that it was joining a lawsuit by a former Gallup employee and whistleblower against the Gallup Corporation for allegedly overcharging the … Continue reading
From Sandro Magister’s site Chiesa:
Vatican Diary / The conversion of bishop-theologian Bruno Forte
He was a determined supporter of “for all” in the words of the consecration. But the pope’s letter to the German bishops has changed his mind. Now he … Continue reading
Iraq Prelate: Let’s Talk to Benedict XVI Frankly, Openly
Kirkuk Archbishop Hoping Church Leaders Will Tell Pope in Lebanon of Grave Situation for Christians
ROME, SEPT. 7, 2012 (Zenit.org).- The archbishop of Kirkuk, Iraq, is hoping Benedict XVI’s trip to Lebanon … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Here is a prayer that perhaps parish priests will pick up and use at all Sunday and Holy Day Masses, perhaps immediately after the Gospel:
LEADER: Please kneel for our prayer for vocations.
ALL: O God, we … Continue reading
Are we surprised when the National catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) posts a a misleading, prejudicial report about a sound and strong Catholic bishop?
Here is Fishwrap’s piece:
Bishop Robert Morlino of Madison, Wis., (Rep. Paul Ryan’s home diocese) gives some political science lessons … Continue reading
From a reader:
Whilst on holiday in Bournemouth, UK I called into one of the RC churches to say a few prayers. It seemed as though Mass was about to begin but, to my great shock, a lay woman went up … Continue reading
From a reader:
I was just thinking today after reflecting on the fact that many priests aren’t taught Latin, nor can many of them even pronounce it properly and simply not know what they are saying.
That being said, with the shortage … Continue reading