Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- TonyO: Pretty nice invention. Good job, Justin. Of course, it does have limitation s. First, it depends on making base plates that match with the specific door jamb and wall location, so it cannot...
- Grateful to be Catholic: These poor deluded women are the victims of clericalis m. They think it’s about power and so do the men who enable them. As someone else says, sad.
- clare joseph: Thank you, Emilio III, for clarifying all this so well. It’s a joy to see so many young people dancing so beautifull y in honor of Our Lady.
- HvonBlumenthal: Nobody reads Revelation these days but it is clear that in the Heavenly liturgy depicted there the 24 Elders do not just kneel in the presence of the Lamb, they prostrate themsel...
- HvonBlumenthal: Your four categories cover it brilliantl y. Even Anglicans receive their « host » « meekly kneeling on their knees » according to the Book of Commin Prayer. And though they genera...
- APX: acardinal, I can’ t speak for the US, but at my former high school (and other high schools I’m told from my mom when she goes in to sub teach at them) it has become a joke. Home...
- Suburbanbanshee: Fr. Jim — As a woman, I find your remarks insulting. Why should women abandon their unique roles and importance , in favor of becoming exactly like men? Do you think that we...
- JabbaPapa: Well said robtbrown — it might be worth adding that the Eastern spiritual teachers themselves also denounce this westernise d “spi ritual yoga” ; as being a perver...
- JustaSinner: As a former Marine Drill Instructor once said at OCS, “Thi s s@$t is getting real!̶ 1; With that in mind, I know Jesus has asked me to turn the other cheek to my enemies, but...
- JabbaPapa: frjim4321 : I know the reasons, as stated, and I don’t find them convincing . Infallibil ity from the chair was not asserted with regard to this matter. In FACT Pope Saint John Paul II...
- JabbaPapa: GregB : You need a mystical understand ing of the Mystical Body of Christ in order to understand the male priesthood Several explanatio ns exist as to why the priesthood is male, each...
- acardnal: Whatever happened to industrial arts classes? To trade and vocational education? You know, those people that keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter? The people that maint...
- robtbrown: Seppe says: Dominican Father Ezra Sullivan wrote an excellent and very thorough five-part series on problemati c issues associated with the philosophy and practice of yoga and eastern...
- Emilio III: This was originally posted to YouTube by Fr. Antonio Maria Domenech, a “cou ntry town parish priestR 21; @sotanarur al from Santa Maria del Campo Rus in Spain. The title was...
- jaykay: Bob B.: “The Jesuit priest saying Mass, after sprinkling Holy Water on all those attending, decided to have a water fight on the altar with the deacon, who “returned fire”. It proba...
- Charles E Flynn: A Catholic priest is a living icon of Jesus Christ. A woman cannot be a living icon of a man, any more than a man can give birth.
- jaykay: Papa subito.
- jaykay: The missal-sta nd is beautifull y crafted. I would never have thought about the swivel – what a great idea! Just as an afterthoug ht, Father, will you be blessing the statue? Does one...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: It amazes me that Cardinal Sarah hasn’ ;t been exiled to some missionary Episcopal assignment in Timbuktoo Africa where he doesn̵ 7;t have to be heard by anyone.
- Bob B.: Reminds me of a couple of years ago. The Jesuit priest saying Mass, after sprinkling Holy Water on all those attending, decided to have a water fight on the altar with the deacon, who...
- ServusChristi: With regards to PF, we can talk about how liturgical ly progressiv e he is with regards to his animosity towards the TLM, his ‘Tan go Mass’ ;, his replacemen t of Cardi...
- Prayerful: I haven̵ 7;t gone to an NOM in a long, long time except for funerals and the like, but even if I did, I wouldnR 17;t learn so much about the orations as I do from here. Thank you...
- Mike: There is absolutely nothing more important to the well-being of the Catholic Faith than a proper understand ing of, and reverence for, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and the Real Presence of...
- adriennep: There is a group called Pietra Fitness that does have excellent Catholic/C hristian yoga style exercise DVDs. If no one tells you a particular upper back stretch is called the Cobra, and...
- Seppe: Dominican Father Ezra Sullivan wrote an excellent and very thorough five-part series on problemati c issues associated with the philosophy and practice of yoga and eastern meditation for...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Priest forbids a deacon to wear a dalmatic
- LENTCAzT 2018 11 – Ember Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: Man’s first full day was a day of rest
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): Having a really good look
- Wisconsin High School student invents classroom door stop
- LENTCAzT 2018 10 – Ember Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: You cannot save yourself for the world
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 10 September 2012
On the site of The White House:
Presidential Proclamation — Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance, 2012
PATRIOT DAY AND NATIONAL DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE, 2012
– – – – – – –
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES … Continue reading
There are new Kindles coming. They can be pre-ordered now. They are to be shipped on 15 October.
I love my Kindle. I am reading a novel on my Kindle now, as a matter of fact. Well… I am actually writing this blog … Continue reading
Obama Thugs Rough Up Gallup For Polls They Don’t Like
The Obama Administration’s Justice Department announced, on August 22nd, that it was joining a lawsuit by a former Gallup employee and whistleblower against the Gallup Corporation for allegedly overcharging the … Continue reading
From Sandro Magister’s site Chiesa:
Vatican Diary / The conversion of bishop-theologian Bruno Forte
He was a determined supporter of “for all” in the words of the consecration. But the pope’s letter to the German bishops has changed his mind. Now he … Continue reading
Iraq Prelate: Let’s Talk to Benedict XVI Frankly, Openly
Kirkuk Archbishop Hoping Church Leaders Will Tell Pope in Lebanon of Grave Situation for Christians
ROME, SEPT. 7, 2012 (Zenit.org).- The archbishop of Kirkuk, Iraq, is hoping Benedict XVI’s trip to Lebanon … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Here is a prayer that perhaps parish priests will pick up and use at all Sunday and Holy Day Masses, perhaps immediately after the Gospel:
LEADER: Please kneel for our prayer for vocations.
ALL: O God, we … Continue reading
Are we surprised when the National catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) posts a a misleading, prejudicial report about a sound and strong Catholic bishop?
Here is Fishwrap’s piece:
Bishop Robert Morlino of Madison, Wis., (Rep. Paul Ryan’s home diocese) gives some political science lessons … Continue reading
From a reader:
Whilst on holiday in Bournemouth, UK I called into one of the RC churches to say a few prayers. It seemed as though Mass was about to begin but, to my great shock, a lay woman went up … Continue reading
From a reader:
I was just thinking today after reflecting on the fact that many priests aren’t taught Latin, nor can many of them even pronounce it properly and simply not know what they are saying.
That being said, with the shortage … Continue reading