Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- amenamen said Whoa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRUmkqMIe8
- acardnal said wolfeken, Same Collect in the OF Mass today, too,...
- Legisperitus said Great fisking.
- MarkJ said I would love to see a “Before Destruction...
- Sonshine135 said This article took me back to the video you had on...
- Mike said Thank you for the photos, Fr. Z. It looks like a...
- wolfeken said I would note that these regulations were not just...
- Nathan said From the letter, as well as experience, it seems t...
- Cantor said It would be interesting to read the responses to t...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said mormormax says: One thing that kept popping into m...
- The Masked Chicken said “Roughly speaking, then, you would need to h...
- teechrlady said I was thinking along the lines of Magpie. The bef...
- Father G said Beautiful, except the altar railing looks incomple...
- boko fittleworth said My math was wrong. Hubbard was appointed by Paul...
- boko fittleworth said It would be interesting to research what led JPII...
- BLB Oregon said I wish the poor people who had seen those things l...
- BLB Oregon said If they were to watch CPG Grey’s presentatio...
- McCall1981 said Pope Francis’ episcopal appointments so far...
- The Masked Chicken said This topic is both subtle and widely misunderstood...
- cl00bie said They always forget the first part of the quote: ...
- cl00bie said members of her group plan to show up for the Ash W...
- Tom Piatak said May many other churches follow this excellent exam...
- Papabile said I was born in 1970, so I remember when the abstine...
- Robbie said Beautiful. A real success.
- Magpie said Good job. Having said that, the before wasn’...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Deo Gratias
- kpoterack said “‘Whoa’ . . . The reaction of th...
- Priam1184 said @mamajen: You are right. I also trust Pope Franc...
- pelerin said There are many interesting facts about Lent on the...
- Sonshine135 said Alter rails! Stations! Beautiful Paintings! Beauti...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 11 September 2012
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for prayers. Many requests are heart-achingly grave and urgent.
We should support each other in works of mercy.
As long as my blog reaches so many readers in … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father, do you think Jesus fed His apostles on the tongue when he instituted the Eucharist?
I think it is very likely.
You may try to respond that He didn’t. Gratis asseritur.
But, I’ll play along….
I respond saying, I hope He … Continue reading
From a reader:
At Mass today the congregation was asked to raise their hands in blessing over members that are celebrating an anniversary in Sept. I can’t find anything in the GIRM that addresses raising our hands in blessing at Mass. … Continue reading
There is going to be a meeting of The Guild of Blessed Titus Brandsma (a Catholic bloggers guild) at the Brompton Oratory, St Wilfred’s Chapel at 10.30am on 15 September.
God willing, I will be there.
For more on this see the blog Linen … Continue reading
Today Fishwrap offers up a fantasy editorial railing against Bp. Robert Finn of Kansas City-St. Joseph. Based on his conviction by a Kansas City court, Fishwrap demands Finn’s resignation or removal from office.
It would take too many words here to pull their editorial apart, so … Continue reading
In the late 1940′s Thomas Merton published his complicated poem Figures For An Apocalypse. One of the sections of the poem is entitled “In the Ruins of New York“.
While the whole section concerns a great downfall, a city and way … Continue reading