You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Dr. Edward Peters said Hi folks. As everyone knows, it takes far more tim...
- JabbaPapa said We have been blessed with an extraordinary success...
- Mary Jane said Obviously it is baptism that makes a person Cathol...
- Joe in Canada said and as Jesuit, May 24 would be significant to him...
- StWinefride said Pope Francis: “that we might return to the f...
- Fr Martin Fox said Sometimes people will complain, why do our bishops...
- Fredi D'Alessio said “This book keeps you needing to read from it...
- pseudomodo said Redemption vs Salvation 1. I buy hockey tickets f...
- Eugene said simply beautiful and moving…I am so impresse...
- Ralph said I have not been able to wrap my mind around Franci...
- ACS67 said The Holy Father said nothing wrong. It is not sur...
- The Masked Chicken said There is a subtle distinction that needs to be mad...
- AV8R61 said Being married to an Orthodox woman, here are two c...
- ronconte said Pope John Paul II: “Since Christ brings about salv...
- cwillia1 said Interestingly, the canon law of the eastern church...
- Om messefeiringen – vende seg mot folket eller mot Gud » EN KATOLSK WEBLOG said [...] leste dette først hos Father Z, og på hans b...
- RMT said I just got word that my masters thesis was accepte...
- Imrahil said The Rev’d Fr Jim is on the right track…...
- Nan said @PatricusOenius, Do you know the difference betwee...
- Debating Desire - Big Pulpit said [...] Hell Am I Doing? – TiberEye An Atheist...
- sciencemom said PS Lovely photo! And thanks, Chicken, for the link...
- sciencemom said Fr Z writes: Sometimes I consider why the visible...
- Giuseppe said To quote an old priest I knew: “The Church i...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Francis teaches that everyone is saved! Wow!...
- WesleyD said “The Blood of Christ redeems everyone.”...
- Woody said I was on a cruise, at my wife’s request, a c...
- dawnmaria said I love the Orthodox so much! I’ve read Fr A...
- janeway529 said Also, isn’t Pope Francis referencing the Vat...
- janeway529 said Fr. Z, Vatican TV has been broadcasting Pope Franc...
- Jon said How about “Long Island without a Catholic ch...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 18 September 2012
French cardinal says ‘gay marriage’ opens door to incest, polygamy
Lyon, France, Sep 18, 2012 / 04:06 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Cardinal Philippe Barbarin of Lyon said government approval of gay “marriage” in France could pave the way for the legalization … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it a rule that the priest is the only one in the sanctuary during the consecration?
No, there is no such rule.
Surely the deacons (subdeacons) and other servers must be there near to the altar, within the sanctuary. … Continue reading
The September Ember Days (Wed, Fri, Sat) traditionally follow the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross (14 September).
These days were penitential in spirit. They were also traditional times for ordinations.
If nothing else, pray during these Ember Days in … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father please clear up for me our obligations for mass attendance.
Many times we hear that we are obligated to attend mass only twice a year, Christmas and Easter. Yet we also hear that we must attend every week. … Continue reading
I am not sure where these things get started but I am getting a lot of email about a couple things that have some … some… traditional Catholics all abuzz.
First, I am still … still, I say… get email about … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
New York Times Finds Good Nuns
September 18, 2012
Bill Donohue comments on an editorial in today’s New York Times:
The editorial, “Speaking the Truth to the Vatican,” sounds so macho, especially coming from the unmanly New York Times. This … Continue reading
A strange thing has occurred. I suspect the involvement of Titivillus or one of his ilk.
I travel with a small external hard drive upon which I store many goodies and reference works. Remember: Jesus saves… and so should you.
All of … Continue reading
Yesterday after Holy Mass at the little church on Maiden Lane near Covent Garden, a group of people met up at The Coal Hole, nearby on The Strand, for an extemp blognic. Here are a few pics of the proceedings.
Those … Continue reading