- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Venerator Sti Lot said I have read that the background of Orthodox practi...
- RCOkie said A young man from our parish died in a car accident...
- Mike said James C: that’s really wonderful for you to...
- MikeD said There must have been some mistake here. How is a...
- Venerator Sti Lot said To Elizaeth D’s observation, “it does...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Cincinnati Priest said One thing I’ve observed as a pastor is that...
- Elizabeth D said I think that it is not good art, and definitely no...
- jmgarciajr said That rather looks like something one drinks from a...
- boxerpaws1952 said OMG
- lsclerkin said Easter Island,, indeed. Is that kryptonite stickin...
- James C said SpesUnica, Father, it’s not that I think I C...
- Sword40 said I join with all those that have offered their than...
- kat said Cannot the NO Mass be said by the priest each day...
- nola catholic said There’s no dispute about the awfulness of th...
- Sword40 said This problem is relatively easy to solve IF you ha...
- Fr. Erik Richtsteig said Ugly. Doesn’t fit with the architecture. Som...
- Andreas said For another example of altered altars, might I dir...
- pelerin said I was amused at robtbrown’s reply guaranteei...
- Moro said Is it possible to earn credits in purgatory toward...
- Joan M said And someone paid for that! What a total waste.
- Menagerie said I don’t find it brutal, I find it ridiculous...
- Random Friar said The greatest factor in limiting time at our parish...
- Rachel K said Hi folks, sorry to break up the party, but althoug...
- disco said It’s the pieta with gumby and pokey!
- yatzer said There are also injuries, illnesses, and surgeries...
- Bedens said If women are going to read at Mass, I believe the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said It’s interesting that this piece was . . . a...
- J_Cathelineau said It seems that I am not only a promethean neo-pelag...
- Priam1184 said On the subject of cyberwarfare: I always think of...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 19 September 2012
Via the Laudator:
Robert Southey (1774-1843), To a Goose:
If thou didst feed on western plains of yore;
Or waddle wide with flat and flabby feet
Over some Cambrian mountain’s plashy moor;
Or find in farmer’s yard a safe retreat
From gipsy thieves, and foxes sly … Continue reading
From a reader:
Lately my mind has been getting assaulted by the remembrance of my past life and all my sins; it was rooted in egoism and hedonism- not a pretty sight, and I wish it would all go away.
I know … Continue reading
Very cool… er um… hot back then.. no.. cool… but…
NASA Telescopes Spy Ultra-Distant Galaxy
PASADENA, Calif. — With the combined power of NASA’s Spitzer and Hubble space telescopes, as well as a cosmic magnification effect, astronomers have spotted what could … Continue reading
Pork dumplings in hot soup! That red is indeed suggestive of the flavors. The green is cilantro. Excellent. Whew!
The Jasmine tea is very good.
There is something in this soup I can’t put my finger on (lest it melt off). It … Continue reading
So another feminist opportunist of the Elaine Pagels ilk, whose purpose in life is to make money while making the lives of real scholars and real believers more difficult, is talking about a fragment of papryus which, she claims, states … Continue reading
“And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand, or on their foreheads.”
Under the entry about our obligation to attend Holy Mass, someone posted this comment (I removed it to here):
I’ve always had a fantasy where I make wallet sized Catholic obligation cards. These would have check boxes or punch boxes for … Continue reading