HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- JonPatrick: Recently received a copy of “Voy age to Alpha Centauri 8221;. It is so good, I end up staying up past my bedtime to read it as I can’ t put it down.
- iamlucky13: I might need to try some liturgical play at home with my 4 year old to see if it inspires some semblance of attention during Mass, rather than the constant struggle to keep him from...
- roma247: Was visiting my parents out of town and went to Mass at a perfectly dreadful modern churchR 11;you know, the kind that looks like a megachurch , with an enormous submersion font in the...
- TonyO: Gorgeous, breathtaki ng chant and the shrill screams and cries of babies, toddlers, and the occasional overtired and hungry preschoole r. All emanating from the back of the church that we...
- Julia_Augusta: After 2.5 months on holiday on various Greek islands, in Turkey and on safari in Africa, I finally ended up in a city with a TLM. I went to Confession immediatel y, and went to Mass...
- bartlep: There are so many good, orthodox religious orders to which to contribute , as well as pro-life organizati ons, Catholic organizati ons that rescue sex-traffi cked girls — so many that do...
- TonyO: I love it I love it I love it. Fr. Z is great! There is always door number 5 as well, but that is not much of a consolatio n prize. I heard its very hot in that location. I think this is...
- Kate: A daughter who received her habit on the Feast of the Assumption !
- Fr Martin Fox: I spoke about the Pew study and also included an exerpt of the Archbishop ’s letter about welcoming and assisting migrants, per his request. I connected them with St. Paul...
- hwriggles4: After seeing this video, here’ ;s a few questions for these disruptors , many who look like they graduated high school between 1963 and 1971: 1. If you have children, how many are...
- Sonshine135: There is always door number 5 as well, but that is not much of a consolatio n prize. I heard its very hot in that location.
- ejcmartin: Mr. Esolen might be thankful that they use “Glo ry and PraiseR 21; and not “Cat holic Book of Worship III,” ; (CBWIII) which was published by the CCCB. CBWIII is a...
- jameeka: Father C had a good homily for 20th Sunday in Ordinary Time. Started by talking about dysfunctio nal families-a nd said even Jesus extended family (cousins, etc) thought He was “nuts”....
- Semper Gumby: Great post Fr. Z. Those rebellious folks should realize that Holy Mass is not the place to relive Woodstock. A protestor wearing a Ft. Sherman Jungle Operations Training Center...
- Michael: The good news: I’ve made it just about halfway across the country (about 100 miles to go) on my Walk Across America mission for the Lord. Thanks to those who have been praying for me.
- Mike: [as an aside̷ 0;] Two men go into the Temple [church] to pray… ; How seldom we find men doing that these days. Why do we leave it to the womenfolk outside of Mass time?
- Semper Gumby: Philmont23 7: Thanks for the link. Garth Lucas: Take a closer look, you missed quite alot. Cheers.
- Garth Lucas: Dear SG Your friend has missed the subtlety of Christophe r Dawson’s analysis. Also Dawson did know that WWI had changed the world forcing him to write about the politics which came to...
- Suburbanbanshee: So I got fruit blessed on Assumption Day, and planned to give it out at work. Thursday night I had a plumbing flood. Fruit stayed dry, but forgot to bring the fruit into.work, all...
- Vince K: Today I am sending out a letter asking my bishop to consider celebratin g a Pontifical Mass in the Extraordin ary Form at our FSSP parish. Please say a prayer that he will prayerfull y...
- Matto: I attended Exposition and Benedictio n at my local parish on Friday. It was the first time I have been to Benedictio n there in a long time. The priest is new. He was a foreigner, I believe...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: thurifer, something must really impress boys about that Who doesn̵ 7;t want to swing burning hot smoking coals around? I’ve been working with the boys (and men) on how...
- Simon_GNR: Brilliant post, Fr. Z. Bravo!
- Thorfinn: Ah, the improvised thurifer, something must really impress boys about that – ours uses a monster truck on a bit of yarn – good form, too. “In front of her, the older...
- YoungLatinMassGuy: Imagine if we had people protesting desecratio n of the Holy Eucharist in such a mannerR 30;
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – What Catholics DO BELIEVE about the Eucharist!
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: Father God, not Stranger God
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Because of my travel and the need for a little down time, I didn’t do much with the Holy Father’s visit to Lebanon. However, a few things have come to mind after some recent conversations and some reading. First, even … Continue reading
This image is clearly aimed at discouraging panhandling. However… could it have another application?
This morning I decided to take a bit of a stroll rather than go out to Castel Gandolfo for the Audience and other events. Instead, I went to look at a few places I hadn’t seen for a while and … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! Continued from THESE. I get many requests by email asking for prayers. Many requests are heart-achingly grave and urgent. We should support each other in works of mercy. As long as my blog reaches … Continue reading
This is too cool not to post. You might remember that I posted about blessing basil in honor of the Cross? Basil is from the Greek word for “king”. A priest reader breathing mainly from the Eastern lung sent me … Continue reading
Our Holy Father on what Mass means during his General Audience. I have read the Italian, but the English isn’t available and I am not going to translate it right now. Video HERE. <font color=”#ff0000″><b>[UPDATE: I found a translation.]</b></font> Vatican … Continue reading
The other day I watched the live stream of the consecration of the new Bishop of Portsmouth, England, Most Rev. Philip Egan, who was a collaborator with the outstanding Bishop of Shrewsbury, Mark Davies. At the end of the Mass … Continue reading
A friend sent a link about the audience Benedict XVI granted to Enda Kenny of Ireland at Castelgandolfo last Saturday. In this brief video from Corriere della Sera you can see that Kenny is so engaged that, while sitting in … Continue reading
Although I transferred the flag to Rome this morning at Oh-Dark-Hundred… … I wanted to catch up with the few pics and news about what has been going on. On Sunday, after some time with Fr. Finigan at Blackfen, we … Continue reading
In The Catholic Times, the newspaper of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois with my emphases and comments: Think and pray about your vote in upcoming election by Bishop Thomas John Paprocki My dear brothers and sisters in Christ: Much … Continue reading
I haven’t been following this interesting story, but I noted some of the use of language in reporting about the German bishops and the “church tax”. I will ramble a bit and my emphases. From The Beeb: German Catholics lose … Continue reading
Today I watched the live stream of the consecration of the new Bishop of Portsmouth, Most. Rev. Philip Egan. At the end of the Mass, Bishop Egan gave a brief address which, to my hearing, sounded like a program for … Continue reading
I have found a problem with my RSS feed. Anyone else having trouble with it? One problem is noticed is that the subscribers dropped off all of sudden, it seems on 16 Sept, from 13k to zero: Some of you … Continue reading
From CNS about Latin: [wp_youtube]-1hP_ps6JiE[/wp_youtube]
Here are links to some recent posts, which scroll off quickly. But first, an ongoing entry for Your Urgent Prayer Requests And… 150th anniversary of suspension of habeas corpus WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business? Peters on … Continue reading