"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown, I mean, I don’t think the (Dutch)...
- aviva meriam said ‘Venerator Sti Lot I read 1984 as a young te...
- SaintJude6 said Ah, Nutella. Love it on graham crackers. Little...
- Fr. Pius, OP said There is actually some decent Chinese food in Rome...
- robtbrown said Santa Maria degli Angeli was one of my favorite pl...
- robtbrown said Fr Z says, There is a hospital on the island....
- JesusFreak84 said So…we’re supposed to let adults in adu...
- Spade said I had to go back to Father’s post from earli...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot says: It does seem “a grand exa...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot, I intentionally used the word &...
- wanda said Prayers for your safe, smooth and quiet travels, F...
- SKAY said Have a safe trip home Father. Thank you for sharin...
- anniemw said Wow – considering that, barring sickness, wa...
- Supertradmum said opps changes not changed in last comment…
- Supertradmum said Those men look so young and were. God bless all wh...
- Supertradmum said There is a fancy restaurant here which has a Nutre...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown, It does seem “a grand example of...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown writes, “The SSPX is dreaming of s...
- Charles E Flynn said Have a safe trip, Father. The author of the book y...
- Toan said On 52, I wonder what a vote of “placet”...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot says: The Dutch Old Catholic web...
- Venerator Sti Lot said aviva meriam, Whew! The things one hasn’t he...
- robtbrown said Sid Cundiff in NC says, 1. The Paschal Mystery is...
- Charlie Cahill said Makes one wonder who is running affairs at the Vat...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Have a safe and uneventful flight, Father! Be sure...
- The Masked Chicken said “Most polling I’ve seen shows that the youth...
- Liz said I love St. Peter’s at night! Prayers for a s...
- OdeM said @ Nomen. My observation and hypothesis. The priest...
- aviva meriam said Constantly Converting, I agree with you,…. e...
- Chiara said Father - When you travel overseas, Lufthansa is th...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! All Souls’ Day Indulgences.
- My View For Awhile – Heading Home Edition
- Final Report of the recent Synod now available in English
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: September 2012
This is too cool not to post.
You might remember that I posted about blessing basil in honor of the Cross? Basil is from the Greek word for “king”.
A priest reader breathing mainly from the Eastern lung sent me great photos … Continue reading
Our Holy Father on what Mass means during his General Audience. I have read the Italian, but the English isn’t available and I am not going to translate it right now. Video HERE.
<font color=”#ff0000″><b>[UPDATE: I found a translation.]</b></font>
Vatican Radio translation … Continue reading
The other day I watched the live stream of the consecration of the new Bishop of Portsmouth, England, Most Rev. Philip Egan, who was a collaborator with the outstanding Bishop of Shrewsbury, Mark Davies.
At the end of the Mass in … Continue reading
A friend sent a link about the audience Benedict XVI granted to Enda Kenny of Ireland at Castelgandolfo last Saturday.
In this brief video from Corriere della Sera you can see that Kenny is so engaged that, while sitting in the … Continue reading
Although I transferred the flag to Rome this morning at Oh-Dark-Hundred…
… I wanted to catch up with the few pics and news about what has been going on.
On Sunday, after some time with Fr. Finigan at Blackfen, we went off … Continue reading
In The Catholic Times, the newspaper of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois with my emphases and comments:
Think and pray about your vote in upcoming election
by Bishop Thomas John Paprocki
My dear brothers and sisters in Christ:
Much attention was given at … Continue reading
I haven’t been following this interesting story, but I noted some of the use of language in reporting about the German bishops and the “church tax”. I will ramble a bit and my emphases.
From The Beeb:
German Catholics lose church rights … Continue reading
Today I watched the live stream of the consecration of the new Bishop of Portsmouth, Most. Rev. Philip Egan.
At the end of the Mass, Bishop Egan gave a brief address which, to my hearing, sounded like a program for not … Continue reading
I have found a problem with my RSS feed.
Anyone else having trouble with it?
One problem is noticed is that the subscribers dropped off all of sudden, it seems on 16 Sept, from 13k to zero:
Some of you might have an … Continue reading