- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- The Drifter said How can one not love these revolutionary wannabees...
- Rachel K said I am baffled by the lack of variation in response...
- mpolo said In Latin, she is Sancta Teresia Benedicta a Cruce....
- Gratias said Second time I have listened to one of your podcast...
- smittyjr63 said We need Judge Napolitano to run for President. Ser...
- MikeM said I think that Napolitano is kind of clueless with h...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Basher says, ” I would not ask him to create...
- Nan said This is getting old. They’ve been whining ab...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Diane: Father has been about his Father’s bu...
- Diane at Te Deum Laudamus said All that and never a pre-announced blognic in the...
- TNCath said Perhaps Miss Manson would find solace in the Episc...
- Gratias said Father, thank you for teaching me about the revers...
- albinus1 said Is she officially designated as “St. Edith S...
- Gregg the Obscure said The Te Deum played a part in my conversion. I know...
- Jerome Vincent said Another CAzT, another round of thanks. Much, much...
- marcpuckett said 12. 29. Dicebam haec et flebam amarissima contriti...
- tcreek said This is the first part of a circular from the Prio...
- MikeToo said I would like to understand one thing from the exho...
- tcreek said The title, “Doctor of the Church” is a...
- Supertradmum said This is getting boring-beating on the same, old dr...
- robtbrown said dcs says: If the Pope has no competence to speak o...
- Supertradmum said Fantastic paintings and porcelain-Aesop’s Fa...
- Peggy R said Priam1184: We have “capitalism” becau...
- slainewe said @Elizabeth D I agree that “there are so many...
- Dan said It bewilders me that advocates for this sort of th...
- The Masked Chicken said she is a martyr. already higher than doctor. sorry...
- Kathleen10 said I can only hope Ms. Manson somehow reads this. Pr...
- McCall1981 said It’s strangly comforting to read the NcR cri...
- slainewe said Luke 3:10-14: And the crowds asked [John the Bapti...
- Supertradmum said I especially love your bird postings. It is 9 abov...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: October 2012
I have boarded what has been dubbed The Hurtling Tube Of Flaming Death for Roma, and I am settling in for a boring few hours. As the great Roman Fabrizio – I think it is his turn to buy … Continue reading
Dennis Prager has a good post called:
Why a Good Person Can Vote against Same-Sex Marriage
Changing the definition of marriage is bad for society.
By Dennis Prager
I love this paragraph:
The history of left-wing policies has largely consisted of doing what feels good … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, Prof. Ed Peters, is back at it after his synodal sojourn in Rome.
A recent offering:
Catholics, Communion, and Controversies
by Dr. Edward Peters
Controversies over participation in holy Communion by Catholics publicly at odds with Church teaching cannot be usefully … Continue reading
Here is a video from just after the Democrats’ Convention.
If only our own bishops would speak with this clarity and righteous anger.
Watch and learn.
Note his explanation of how insulting to black people it is to claim that denial of the … Continue reading
Here are some posts, as they scroll along off the board quickly.
Your Urgent Prayer Requests
VP Biden’s last ditch effort to fool Catholics. Revolting.
Card.Cañizares: “It is normal to use the 1962 Missal.”
Some Civics! In the case of an Electoral College tie…. … Continue reading
Pro-Abortion Biden Claims He’s a “Practicing Catholic” In New Ad
by Steven Ertelt
In a last-ditch effort to get Catholic voters to support pro-abortion President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, who also backs abortion, has released a new web ad. In … Continue reading
From Andrea Tornielli of Vatican Insider:
Cardinal Cañizares explains why he agreed to preside over [not just "preside over"] Saturday’s mass for faithful from the “Una cum Papa nostro” pilgrimage, in St. Peter’s Basilica
“I gladly accepted to celebrate next Saturday’s … Continue reading
What happens if, in the presidential election, both candidates wind up with the same number of Electoral College votes? WaPo has some scenarios HERE.
Review: Popular vote does not elect a President as it does Representatives to Congress (Senators were … Continue reading
And this on the day I wrote about the Knox Bible. Life is funny.
The amusing Eye of the Tiber has this:
Washington, DC––Citing a need for the Church to “reach out to its estranged youth,” the International Commission on English in … Continue reading