Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- The Masked Chicken: I want to apologize for that Monty Python quote, above. It was indecent. The Chicken
- JustaSinner: The entire acronym is LGTBQCDUAL PVCFUNR 30;get ALL the perversion s in or the perverts you forgot will be peeved!
- JustaSinner: Did I wander into my old parish with the ‘In& #8217; priests circa 1968? Were there guitar songs about baking chocolate cakes? Sheesh, sounds like that wedding I went to at the...
- yatzer: I’ve seen that graphic before, but never expected it to show up in a major Catholic event. How can this be?
- tho: This is how every, for want of a better name, revolution s start out, kind words and platitudes to make what they would like palatable. Then when we say, what the heck lets give it a try, we...
- maternalView: We have to stop playing by “the ir” rules. They relish coming up with new labels and acronyms as if their behavior is legitimate . They actually are amused at us trying to...
- Kathleen10: That this is being done under the auspices of the Catholic Church is nothing short of a horror and the most egregious scandal. These men are committing deal-break ers. What did we ever...
- ChesterFrank: Schools, including Catholic Schools are being fed this garbage by Federal and State Government al elected officials and regulatory ($$$) authoritie s, along with Big Unions like the...
- catholicjen: Those “con servative sexual norms̶ 1; are actually doing important things for children and subsequent generation s.
- jaykay: Malta: “Pre tty soon we will have to have a small book to teach these kids what kind of gender they are!” ; Gosh, could you mean a Biology/Sc ience textbook? Or the Bible? Sadly,...
- Spade: “Geo ffrey says: Where is Archbishop Gomez?! 221; There, at the meeting, approving of it all apparently .
- Malta: Let’ s get the acronym correct, it’s “LGG BDTTTIQQAA PP” (source: https://ww w.snopes.c om/fact-ch eck/lggbdt ttiqqaapp- lgbt-inclu siveness-t raining-fl yer/) Pretty...
- jaykay: “to keep conservati ve sexual norms as the touchstone of Catholic identity rather than, say, commitment to the poor?̶ 1; And there is a dichotomy between the two? I’m sure a...
- TonyO: They just make it up as they go along. A couple of years ago, they did not identify 5 criteria, it was 3. Next year it will be 6 or 7. In 3 more years, someone will say “it& #8217;s...
- richiedel: “The recent proposal to advance the dignity of a person by radically eliminatin g sexual difference and, as a result, our understand ing of man and woman, is not right. Instead of...
- Mike: Besides, most Chicago Catholics are very liberal. . . . This point accentuate s the real issue. Irrespecti ve of personal ideologica l bent, when a bishopR 17;s top priority is to keep...
- John V: Well, since the Prefect has “tak en a step back” ; and is now an Assessor, I suppose this doesn̵ 7;t really qualify as the practice of “pro moveatur ut amoveat...
- Subdeacon Joseph: http://i.i mgur.com/z W4ryxy.jpg
- boxerpaws63: XY. XX exactly. they left that critical element[BI OLOGY] out of their ‘cha rt’.
- Lucas: I can’ t believe this hasn’ ;t been stopped yet.
- cpt-tom: The fact that is from a CATHOLIC event, much less one sponsored by an Ordinary in a diocese called the “Cit y of AngelsR 21;, is just astounding and evil. Demonic indeed. How...
- boxerpaws63: I can’ t take it.how can we fight back? You tell us HOW Father Z.we’ ;re there.
- David: They can’ t try to sneak this junk in under the ‘Fra ncis Revolution ’ banner. The Holy Father has consistent ly condemned contempora ry gender theory in the harshest terms.
- Carrie: I think that was the point. Christ’s commitment to the poor, society outcasts, etc— was the heart of his life and ministry. It’s not just good. As followers of Christ— it IS the touchst...
- Geoffrey: Where is Archbishop Gomez?!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2018 37 – Thursday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “The Easter problem is not….”
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- LENTCAzT 2018 35 – Tuesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “Have mercy on me, at least you, my friends!”
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Monthly Archives: October 2012
I have boarded what has been dubbed The Hurtling Tube Of Flaming Death for Roma, and I am settling in for a boring few hours. As the great Roman Fabrizio – I think it is his turn to buy … Continue reading
Dennis Prager has a good post called:
Why a Good Person Can Vote against Same-Sex Marriage
Changing the definition of marriage is bad for society.
By Dennis Prager
I love this paragraph:
The history of left-wing policies has largely consisted of doing what feels good … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, Prof. Ed Peters, is back at it after his synodal sojourn in Rome.
A recent offering:
Catholics, Communion, and Controversies
by Dr. Edward Peters
Controversies over participation in holy Communion by Catholics publicly at odds with Church teaching cannot be usefully … Continue reading
Here is a video from just after the Democrats’ Convention.
If only our own bishops would speak with this clarity and righteous anger.
Watch and learn.
Note his explanation of how insulting to black people it is to claim that denial of the … Continue reading
Here are some posts, as they scroll along off the board quickly.
Your Urgent Prayer Requests
VP Biden’s last ditch effort to fool Catholics. Revolting.
Card.Cañizares: “It is normal to use the 1962 Missal.”
Some Civics! In the case of an Electoral College tie…. … Continue reading
Pro-Abortion Biden Claims He’s a “Practicing Catholic” In New Ad
by Steven Ertelt
In a last-ditch effort to get Catholic voters to support pro-abortion President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, who also backs abortion, has released a new web ad. In … Continue reading
From Andrea Tornielli of Vatican Insider:
Cardinal Cañizares explains why he agreed to preside over [not just “preside over”] Saturday’s mass for faithful from the “Una cum Papa nostro” pilgrimage, in St. Peter’s Basilica
“I gladly accepted to celebrate next Saturday’s … Continue reading
What happens if, in the presidential election, both candidates wind up with the same number of Electoral College votes? WaPo has some scenarios HERE.
Review: Popular vote does not elect a President as it does Representatives to Congress (Senators were … Continue reading
And this on the day I wrote about the Knox Bible. Life is funny.
The amusing Eye of the Tiber has this:
Washington, DC––Citing a need for the Church to “reach out to its estranged youth,” the International Commission on English in … Continue reading