Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr AJ said For the record, it’s officially “Amtra...
- Gregorius said So let me see if I understand this correctly; we L...
- Magash said To be fair to Professor Hendershott he is using ...
- Elizabeth D said Jim Green is a “Holy Wisdom Monastery”...
- Michael said Harris said, “Help… Is praying for a Bishop...
- CordiaGrace said @ SKAY: “What is that saying about doing the...
- GregH said $250k to $300k to educate a priest? That sounds t...
- ChrisRawlings said Ask away, Steve. That’s why he became a prie...
- Rich said What is CEI?
- qowieury said To another point: The cartoon above and many comme...
- Bea said If “rigidity” means keeping the Cathol...
- mburn16 said What is the state of seminary education in the Uni...
- qowieury said You are right, now the government will shut down e...
- Patti Day said This just makes my heart sing. I can almost ignore...
- benedetta said “They’ve worried…that the seminarians&...
- marthawrites said Hooray for Bishop Morlino and for the Madison dioc...
- Dave P. said Things have changed, for sure. I never thought St...
- Kerry said As the political rulers, no longer servants, but r...
- Sandy said I will never forget that day. That morning my hus...
- Harris said Help… Is praying for a Bishop Morlino clone a sin?...
- poohbear said qowieury says: 28 February 2015 at 10:07 pm This w...
- steve51b31 said I have the reverse problem. As a deacon who works...
- pelerin said Having been brought up as an Anglican where it was...
- St. Louis IX said @supertradmom Yes; The good people I know, are tru...
- Gerard Plourde said Quick correction – the hypothetical New York...
- Gerard Plourde said To further complicate matters, if the questioner b...
- mvhcpa said Although as a US citizen I see the benefits and le...
- Supertradmum said Sometimes, I just have to stop and forgive all tho...
- Supertradmum said Father Z., may I add that most parishes ask for re...
- SKAY said Thank you Cobbler. There is a lot more behind this...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 7 October 2012
Was there a good point your heard in the sermon at Mass for Sunday?
Let us know!
(And, yes, my objective in posting this each week, is partly to prompt people to pay closer attention and to remember!)
By Cyril Robert
In pensive mood I trod
My garden plot one day;
October’s smile was weary so!
It’s green was gloomy gray.
Where are the strains of summer gone?
Its sun the livelong day?
With sudden sadness I then thought
On how all human things decay.
Two … Continue reading
Let’s return to an oldie-POLL for today’s beautiful feast.
First, a commercial: Years ago an acquaintance who participated on the old Compuserve Catholic Forum started her own online rosary business. She made the most beautiful – and also strongest – rosaries … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for prayers. Many requests are heart-achingly grave and urgent.
We should support each other in works of mercy.
As long as my blog reaches so many readers in … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has a piece online which gives a glimpse of the Church in the USA during Pres. Obama’s third term. Obama would probably love to have, I am sure, an American Patriotic Catholic Association … Continue reading
In his interview with the National Catholic Register, posted online in two parts on 2 and 4 October, the Prefect of the CDF, Archbishop Gerhard Müller said of the dealings of Rome and the SSPX:
“I believe that these problems will be resolved … Continue reading