Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- richiedel: I, too, was struck by the direct wording of the Secret when following the Mass today. Happy FatherR 17;s Day, Fr. Z.!
- cathgrl: I think you meant to post this link https://ww w.guampdn. com/videos /news/2018 /06/13/gua m-gv-calvo -explains- gift-trump /696828002 /
- benedetta: Sunday of Christ Healing the Centurian& #8217;s Servant in Greek Catholic Rite. The centurian was a member of an elite, with one hundred men under him, of a different class, culture, and...
- StabatMater: Emilio: “The re are surely worse things in this world than several thousand people chanting the Pater Noster together in Latin.R 21; Several thousand? Not even close. Does a...
- chantgirl: Another ADD female here, and the most incredibly distractin g thing for me about the Novus Ordo is all of the songs in English which are sung during Communion. It is incredibly diffic...
- HvonBlumenthal: I fear that the 1973 ICEL translator s were not at all sloppy but in fact very diligent. The entire Novus Ordo project can be seen as the careful excision of anything which might...
- The original Mr. X: The priest in my (EF) Mass this morning told us that gay pride is an anti-Catho lic ideology and that the whole “bor n this way” narrative rests on a failure to...
- Sawyer: OF Mass. Referring to the small size of the mustard seed compared to its enormously fruitful yield for the Kingdom of God, the priest said that God can choose the small, the broken, the...
- M. K.: I’m ambivalent about the article – I suppose it’s nice to see Commonweal say anything remotely positive about traditiona l liturgy, but the authorR 17;s comments about...
- The Astronomer: The commonly-e xperienced venacular Novus Ordo is ‘eas y’ in the sense that it can be compared to a popular movie you’ ve seen a hundred times, like Star Wars or...
- Semper Gumby: stephen c: Interestin g anecdote about GKC, laughter, and Jesus. GKC probably did take himself too seriously sometimes. Thus, for levity, his essay on Cheese. Here’ ;s how he...
- Ave Maria: The TLM is for all! And I believe it is our future.
- Semper Gumby: robtbrown wrote: “The pope is referring not to ancient gnosticism but rather to a version of it that arose in the rationalis m of the Enlightenm ent: Reason usurped the Faith....
- taylorhall95: Yes! Fr Laforet is a wonderful priest! Let us pray that the semi-regul ar TLMs he offers in College Station will soon become regular, every Sunday TLMs!
- taylorhall95: I am currently attending the Latin Mass in Austin, TX while I’m here for the summer. The mass is really well attended by young families, and is very reverent! I read the article and...
- Benedict Joseph: They deny the credence of their own experience . This is an example from the microcosm of the reality the entire Church is living through. We are clinging to a lie in the face of a...
- DeGaulle: Lorra astutely quotes the authorR 17;s opinion that ‘ 230;I don’ t think it’s the future of the ChurchR 30;’ . Why, then, the extraordin ary efforts of...
- Fr. Reader: @Ivan. By chance, are you Ivan Mi Je Ime? I met you somewhere else recently 8230; ?
- ServusChristi: Yes, tradition succeeds where it’s tried because its origins are within the unity of the Catholic church and aren’ ;t tarnished by outside religions or sects. As a priest...
- Blackfriar: An almost identical gadget is still in use on St BlaiseR 17;s Day at St Patrick 217;s Basilica in Ottawa.
- RichR: The Latin Mass at the Cathedral was presided over by Fr. Albert LaForet (now our pastor in College Station 230;..and we love him!). While rector at the Cathedral, he oversaw the GORGE...
- robtbrown: CIC 986
- robtbrown: Fr Z says, [And yet now they validly absolve, they validly witness marriages (with cooperatio n with the diocese), people can fulfill their Mass obligation s at their Masses… one of the...
- stephen c: sempergumb y – Chesterton has made me laugh many times, and the cows calling a conference is hilarious. What a wonderful human being he (Chesterto n) was. Sometime I wonder about...
- FrAnt: “The English mass is too easy.” Wow, that is what I have been feeling all this time, but could not put it into words. I’m going to need some time to process this revelation . Thanks for...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
- ASK FATHER: Celebrate Prudence and not “Pride”!
- Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- Disturbing short film “The Confession” that somehow won Catholic award
- Father’s Day gift idea – from the “hearts”
- PHILIPPINES: To arm priests or not to arm?
- ASK FATHER: What does the comma really say?
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- A “puzzled” and “surprise” Card. Kasper is “furious”
- Fulton Sheen’s body to return to his native Diocese of Peoria
- Who are the real Neo-Gnostics?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 10 October 2012
The folks who organize the education conference in L.A. are going to be sooooo jealous.
You might need to turn the sound down after a little bit. I will not be blamed if your ears start to bleed.
From a reader:
I do not have any question to ask you, but I just wanted to say thank you for your promotion and education on your blog of the Extraordinary Form of the Mass. I have only been to Latin … Continue reading
I picked this up from Eye Of The Tiber. I didn’t hear about this epoch-changing story in the MSM or the Catholic blogosphere, did you?
Hmmmm…. perhaps there is a conspiracy.
Former LCWR President’s Dynamic Speech May Change Pope’s Mind On Female … Continue reading
Apparently the Nuns On The Bus are still going ’round and ’round with their blatantly partisan political agenda.
From a reader:
The “Nuns on the Bus” tour has C-Bus for its next stop. This is the group that has been touring the … Continue reading
Here is something very interesting from WND:
NEW YORK – As a student at Harvard Law School, then-bachelor Barack Obama’s practice of wearing a gold band on his wedding-ring finger puzzled his colleagues.
Now, newly published photographs of Obama from the 1980s … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have read web sites from FSSP Traditional parishes that indicate women are to cover their heads during Mass. My understanding is that the requirement was removed from Canon Law, thus it is no longer a sin to … Continue reading
I picked this up from Marco Tossati at Vatican Insider – in Italian – about the homosexual Masses being celebrated in London in the Soho district at the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption and Saint Gregory (not at St. Patrick’s on … Continue reading
At the blog Fide Et Literis: By Faith & Learning there is a post entitled I love my chapel veil.
I recently read an article about the comeback of chapel veils entitled, “Head covering is thinly veiled patriarchy.” The author wrote … Continue reading
ARABIC TO BECOME A PART OF THE POPE’S GENERAL AUDIENCE
Vatican City, (VIS) – Beginning on Wednesday 10 October, during the Holy Father’s weekly general audience, an Arabic speaker will join the other speakers who provide a summary of the … Continue reading