"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jaykay said I personally don’t think the original Latin...
- Heather F said APX, Since the new translation came in I’m p...
- HeatherPA said Thank you, Father Z, for this balm.
- donadrian said The new translation is still rather leaden-footed,...
- Grumpy Beggar said Thanks to Charles G for “fries my nose”...
- StJude said Seer sucker is a gateway drug to skinny jeans. Pr...
- Stephen Matthew said Based on a combination of experience, personal pre...
- Joe in Canada said The Orthodox have a concept called phronema, or th...
- Cosmos said Catholicism is starting to get really confusing to...
- William Tighe said “Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: stickin...
- stephen c said For me, the takeaway here was “Ambrosio sai...
- happyCatholic said BobinNYC, May God bless you with abundance of grac...
- RJHighland said King of Charity: We have Cardinal Burke, ArchBish...
- jfk03 said I went over to the Ukranian Greek Catholic Church...
- robtbrown said FrJim4321 says, . . . and I think I’m okay with t...
- KingofCharity said Bishop Chaput is becoming much more vocal. Always...
- St. Epaphras said An outstanding sermon: “On Dogma Free of Cha...
- Suburbanbanshee said The falling stars and falling green figs in Revela...
- KingofCharity said St. Paul rebuked St. Peter for not acting like the...
- KingofCharity said We can’t respond to all of this as if the RC...
- anachy said JohnMa, I didn’t know that the Auxiliary Bis...
- CharlesG said This really fries my nose, to quote the former May...
- KingofCharity said Rob22, Orthodoxy is NOT the answer. Ironically, on...
- Philippa Martyr said “he’s the only — not the only — but one of the few...
- Philippa Martyr said Voris is looking a lot better in that waistcoat th...
- HeatherPA said Sometimes after reading the “catholic”...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said RJHighland has taken the laugh over cry approach i...
- Landless Laborer said How does Our Lady continue to restrain the wrath o...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Cincinnati Priest, Is it a question of visibility,...
- RJHighland said I was just thinking if it is ok to divorce and re...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI send text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 30 October 2012
Pro-Abortion Biden Claims He’s a “Practicing Catholic” In New Ad
by Steven Ertelt
In a last-ditch effort to get Catholic voters to support pro-abortion President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, who also backs abortion, has released a new web ad. In … Continue reading
From Andrea Tornielli of Vatican Insider:
Cardinal Cañizares explains why he agreed to preside over [not just "preside over"] Saturday’s mass for faithful from the “Una cum Papa nostro” pilgrimage, in St. Peter’s Basilica
“I gladly accepted to celebrate next Saturday’s … Continue reading
What happens if, in the presidential election, both candidates wind up with the same number of Electoral College votes? WaPo has some scenarios HERE.
Review: Popular vote does not elect a President as it does Representatives to Congress (Senators were … Continue reading
And this on the day I wrote about the Knox Bible. Life is funny.
The amusing Eye of the Tiber has this:
Washington, DC––Citing a need for the Church to “reach out to its estranged youth,” the International Commission on English in … Continue reading
Could there be an Ordinariate for former Lutherans in a way similar to those for former Anglicans?
It is hard for me to see how. Perhaps it could be possible.
The president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity said … Continue reading
While preparing my post about Faith Magazine, I saw an article about Ronald Knox.
That reminded me that Baronius Press recently sent me a copy of their new, beautifully bound, edition of Knox’s translation of the Bible.
US HERE and UK HERE.
Some … Continue reading
Over at the amusing and often useful blog Art of Manliness there is a post about Memento Mori art.
“Memento mori!” means, “Be mindful of death!” or “Don’t forget that you are going to die so repent, confess your sins, and live a … Continue reading
Do you know about Faith magazine?
Faith is assembled and published as an actual magazine in England. It is also offered entirely for free online. Online you get the whole thing, not just selected articles.
Faith, the magazine, is associated with the “Faith Movement“.
Most … Continue reading
From The Catholic Thing comes a piece by Robert Royal in which he looks with a critical eye at the closing propositions of the Synod of Bishops.
My preface: The problem with criticizing the Synods of Bishops is that, by negative … Continue reading