- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- RosaMystica said And there are more vocations than are being counte...
- Robbie said On the one hand, vocations had to stop falling at...
- jameeka said Agree that it is nice to hear it in the media.
- CatholicLiving said “Where the Bishops boldly proclaim the Faith...
- Hans said Hey, TMC, good to see you still knocking about. W...
- jhayes said Skay is right. The $95 increases to $325 for 2015...
- Mike said I find the adulation of this man very disturbing....
- Fr. Bryan said This must not be forgotten, lest the world’s...
- Father Z responds to Michael Novak | Foolishness to the world said [...] And has some quibbles with it, but here̵...
- iPadre said Not only did he promote the most liberal abortion...
- rhetor said Thanks for the illuminating explanation, Father. I...
- Jaybirdnbham said Thank you for the podcasts, Father. I’ve be...
- ASPM Sem said @Nan, sorry to hear that, I’ll be praying fo...
- Hans said Ah, but transitional deacons are transitional beca...
- Jim of Bowie said Dan, I’m 72 and don’t recall it either...
- robtbrown said should be: what is typically required . . .
- DanW said This is something that has always confused me. I...
- robtbrown said Hans says: And to your mind being a deacon in a se...
- The Masked Chicken said All this talk about the trials of being a permanen...
- Nancy D. said http://www.ibtimes.com/mexico-argentina-are-most-c...
- Jack007 said Elizabeth, the “conversion of Russia”...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father! Very salutary.
- Sue in soCal said The Valley Girl dialect is rampant among priests i...
- Mariana2 said Chiming… Thanks, Father, beautiful!
- BLB Oregon said I showed the photo to a 14 year old altar server....
- Mariana2 said Chiming in. Thanks, Father!
- Priam1184 said @wmeyer A market in a certain sense is, you are c...
- Mr. Green said Here’s the deal for everyone suggesting that...
- Mr. Green said This is nothing new, it has been going on since la...
- Hans said And to your mind being a deacon in a secular profe...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: October 2012
Brick by brick… college by college…
From a reader:
Thought you might like to know that Franciscan University just celebrated its first Solemn High Mass for the patronal feast of Christ the King (for Christ the King Chapel). I know that a … Continue reading
From AP via a priest friend, about His Excellency Most Rev. David Ricken of Green Bay. Bp. Ricken was once Bishop of Cheyenne in Wyoming, and he was a true friend of Wyoming Catholic College. I suppose he is now … Continue reading
Do you have some good news in your lives which you can pass along?
Let us know!
ACTION ITEM! Please use the sharing buttons!
My thoughts and prayers today are with so many of you in the way of the hurricane.
May God and His Holy Angels protect you.
PRIESTS AND BISHOPS!
Use the old Roman Ritual and pray the Litany … Continue reading
When the National catholic Fishwrap indulgences in its version of hagiography, the results aren’t pretty.
Their latest liberal panegyric is an attempt to transmogrify Sr. Simone Campbell, Democrat party activist, bus rider, into a progressivist’s alternative to Bl. Theresa of Calcutta.
Consider, … Continue reading
A tip of the biretta to the best Catholic weekly in the UK, for a link to a piece by a priest friend, Fr. George Rutler at New Advent.
This must be the first photograph of two saints together…
By Father George … Continue reading
Check out this video from CNS (I am still surprised to write those words).
Ralph Martin talks about our post-Counciliar context which the New Evangelization is supposed to address.
Technorati Tags: CNS, New Evangelization, Ralph Martin, Vatican II
Was there was good point in the sermon you heard during the Mass you went to as you fulfilled your Sunday precept?
Share it here.
Remember that Veyron I was supposed to have won? Never did get it.
Still want it, though!
Technorati Tags: Bugatti Veyron, McLaren F1