You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- pelerin said A few weeks ago I sat with a couple of holidaymake...
- Supertradmum said cathgrl, I am not confused. I have taught Millenia...
- Imrahil said Dear @Cheesesteak Expert, in the theologian techni...
- Cool Catholic said I wonder how the Pontifical Academy for Latin http...
- Geoffrey said “We need Latin in the NOVUS ORDO.” Yes...
- timothyputnam said Father, My parish has English and Spanish Ad Orie...
- RomeontheRange said YES we need Novus Ordo Latin Masses. It is such a...
- catholiccomelately said Guiseppe, as a Lutheran I never heard of a Luther...
- Ralph said Our bilingual parish is getting a new pastor who o...
- Therese said “They recently started playing drums at my c...
- frjim4321 said “When they see a biretta… when they see a ca...
- StJude said Rob in Maine… looks delicious then I looked...
- Kathleen10 said suedusek, really. How about a bit of understandin...
- Rachel Gohlman said It is true. Every type of person seems welcome at...
- Bea said It IS kind of scary, NBW. This brings to mind the...
- John Nelson said Questiones ullae? Nullae? Bene!
- Kathleen10 said Sounds great to me!
- Catholictothecore said “We can get all excited about the aging hipp...
- Hank Igitur said Reintroduce compulsory Latin classes in all “...
- Athelstan said And Protestants say Catholics don’t know the...
- majuscule said This is off topic but might pertain to the time wh...
- Muv said Jasoncpetty – Spanish is just terrible Latin...
- Therese said I’ll let Pius XII have my say: http://te-ig...
- Therese said It’s wonderful to see the responses to this...
- Cafea Fruor said No, Fr. Z., I meant what I said. I’m always...
- anilwang said APX says: “It’s too bad someone doesn’t writ...
- cathgrl said Supertradmum, Excuse me. I’m on the older en...
- Julian Barkin said Hey Everyone, as much as tooting my own horn deser...
- inexcels said This may be the perfect new background for my desk...
- Cheesesteak Expert said pmullane, abstinence from meat is not fasting. It&...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Guest Post:
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
- Card. O’Malley to boycott Boston College when they honor pro-abortion Irish PM
- WDTPRS Do It Yourself: Friday after (transferred) Ascension
- I’m feeling bad for the nuns today
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: October 2012
I know that many of you are in the path of the big hurricane, and it is possible that some of you will experience problems.
First, I ask all the readers here to say a prayer for an attenuation of the … Continue reading
I was delighted to receive some good B-Day news:
I just received a phone call yesterday asking my husband and I if we would be willing to pay for a biretta for our parish priest so he could go for training … Continue reading
So much for the Synod.
Well down the list of 58 Propositions, after inculturation, human development, social communication, urban scenarios, migrants, and other matters of vital importance, I’m sure.
Proposition 35 : LITURGY
The worthy celebration of the Sacred Liturgy, God’s most treasured … Continue reading
A reader sent me this:
Technorati Tags: change, transubstantiation
Send to Kindle
Have you seen the slimy new video ad from the Obama campaign? It is disgusting.
Here is some analysis from CNA:
Catholic analyst reacts to Obama campaign’s new ‘anti-woman’ ad
By Hillary Senour
Chicago, Ill., Oct 26, 2012 / 05:06 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A … Continue reading
At the end of the Synod of Bishops, which coincided with the beginning of the Year of Faith and focused on the promotion of the New Evangelization (of places where the Christian Faith and identity is dying or dead), the … Continue reading
The Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” takes this occasion to announce that, in its most recent official communication (6 September 2012), the Priestly Fraternity of St. Pius X has indicated that additional time for reflection and study is needed on … Continue reading