You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Venerator Sti Lot said donato2, And I thought the sermon I heard was dish...
- Benedict said Six Dominican Friars will be ordained to the holy...
- Catholic Granny said Please pray for our young son who suffers from chr...
- yatzer said Even though we are losing a beloved priest to anot...
- marthawrites said Pentecost Sunday our newest grandchild was baptiz...
- skl said I have been “talking” lately with a lo...
- LarryW2LJ said Last August, I found out that my department was el...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for this, and not least for the Acta lin...
- Legisperitus said Great news!
- Raylan Alleman said fixthefamily.com is entering its 4th filming seaso...
- LarryW2LJ said Please keep Donald McClarey and his wife Catherine...
- William Tighe said St. Francis of Assisi was ordained to the diaconat...
- MattH said Are there any guidelines for mixing the Latin and...
- e.e. said Please pray for us as we continue our journey to a...
- Johnno said This letter is most likely from someone who just d...
- Art said Just had an on-site interview after being away fro...
- lizaanne said For my cousin, Anne. Anne (we call her Annie) is i...
- Gregg the Obscure said A few things on this lovely day. 1. It is my wife...
- Ann Roth said After months of planning and much prayer, my son h...
- cantrix said For my mother, diagnosed with colon cancer a few w...
- mamajen said Oh, yes! I’ve been waiting for this thread s...
- lizaanne said We live in a charming little 1950s bungalow. So c...
- CatholicCoffee said I will add the above requests and all posted here,...
- Angie Mcs said Please pray for the soul of my cousin, Kathy. She...
- Jeannie_C said For Mamajen, a regular commenter, who was schedule...
- Scott W. said “a few just won’t give up their protest̶...
- Gratias said With Benedict XVI retired we will have to fight fo...
- scholastica said You know you’re truly Catholic when you need...
- The Sicilian Woman said P.S. Chantgirl, congratulations on the baby, and...
- The Sicilian Woman said For the repose of the souls of our departed milita...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 15 November 2012
Card. Dolan at USCCB about HHS mandate: Bishops will “not violate our consciences and not obey what we consider to be something immoral”
Conference of Catholic Bishops on HHS Mandate: We Will ‘Not Obey What We Consider to Be Immoral’
(CNSNews.com) – Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, says the Roman Catholic Church will continue to resist the … Continue reading
This is what your taxes fund:
United Nations Declares Access To Contraception A ‘Universal Human Right’
For the first time, the U.N. Population Fund (UNFPA) explicitly described family planning as a ‘universal human right.’ In its annual report, the organization said that … Continue reading
Does anyone out there have a larger version of this image? Does anyone have an original of the card which could be scanned?
Notre Dame du Clergé … Our Lady of the Clergy.
Other LARGE images of Mary depicted as Queen … Continue reading
A video of interest HERE.
Technorati Tags: Blackstone Films, homosexuality
USCCB: “Celiac Disease, Alcohol Intolerance, and the Church’s Pastoral Response” (Gluten, mustum, etc.)
From the Newsletter of the USCCB’s Liturgy Committee for October:
Celiac Disease, Alcohol Intolerance, and the Church’s Pastoral Response
Celiac disease is an immune reaction to eating gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. For those with the disease, eating … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am curious about the appointment of pastors (specifically diocesan priests). The bishop in the diocese I grew up in (usually) assigns pastors for life. The bishop of the diocese I now live in assigns them to six … Continue reading
From a reader:
Are preist required to wear them at all times?
Im sure you’ve been asked this before. I’m a new reader I cant find the answer on your blog. I’ve tried for two months. Can you answer or refer me … Continue reading