"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- carolina publican said The Bovine Option… I love it! Do you think...
- dinsdale said RJHighland, the SSPX has long had a presence in th...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said A treat for the eye, a treat for the tongue, and b...
- mysticalrose said Ok, I can’t ignore the vestment — No m...
- mysticalrose said I’m going to ignore that vestment and just s...
- Gregg the Obscure said Methinks someone confused “smelling like the...
- Martlet said Second from the bottom, in the “bovine optio...
- Southern Baron said Is that leopard and zebra print combined in one bo...
- votefassino24 said Father, Earlier in the pontificate of Pope Francis...
- VexillaRegis said edit:still is op…
- VexillaRegis said Fr, do you know if the cat rescue center still ope...
- RJHighland said The SSPX purchased St. James a church in the Pitts...
- RJHighland said The SSPX purchased St. James a church in the Pitts...
- David said Dear Fr. Z – Since you are lucky enough (no...
- RJHighland said Was not there just some major conflict between the...
- Mike said Viewing those food photos well before U.S. lunch t...
- Fr. Erik Richtsteig said That purple vestment; did someone mug Katherine Je...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Mike is also correct that many folks refuse to att...
- JohnMa said Now if only we could get rid of that ugly picnic t...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Mike is correct to point out that Ultra-Liberals a...
- Mike said . . . incessantly whining, frequently unpeaceable,...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said celebrations of the Extraordinary Form must not be...
- Lisieux said But Father, but Father… don’t you real...
- Traductora said I’m not sure having this Pope become even mo...
- Choirgirl said It didn’t bother me much when Pope Francis d...
- Maltese said I don’t know about tiaras, but certainly a l...
- danidunn said Er, beatified. Of course, Pope Paul VI hasn’...
- danidunn said To me, the term do-gooder has taken on a new, less...
- Elizabeth D said 30, rather.
- Elizabeth D said Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick, I do not know what you ar...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
- What’s the liberals’ next move?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: November 2012
QUAERITUR: Is it okay for people to listen to music rather than always to sing everything during Mass?
From a priest:
Is it against the mind of the Church when a choir alone sings a hymn at the offertory and preparation of the gifts or are the people supposed to sing along as well?
No, it is not against the … Continue reading
UPDATE 30 Nov 18:07 GMT:
Since the beginning of November, through this, from what I can tell we have sold on Amazon:
mp3 downloads – 28
CDs – 177
Orant et laborant!
I was sent a photo of the nuns unloading the boxes of … Continue reading
While no effort of evangelization can ultimately be successful without a revitalization of our liturgical worship, neither will we succeed in a lasting way without performing spiritual and corporal works of mercy.
This morning I saw a great story about a … Continue reading
The nice people at Nova et Vetera sent me an edition of their reprint of the Rituale Romanum.
Their site says:
This is the first edition of the Rituale Romanum since 1957. It is based upon the last Editio typica of 1952, … Continue reading
Many of you subscribe to or know the small booklet Magnificat, an aid for the post-Conciliar form of Holy Mass. It is pocket-size and it is sent to you each, I believe, month.
There is now a similar aid for the Usus Antiquior, or … Continue reading
Fr. Finigan at his fine blog, The Hermeneutic of Continuity, has a piece today about something Card. Kasper told Anglicans at Lambeth in 2006 as the then-President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
Here is an excerpt:
It [viz. the ordination … Continue reading
From Catholic World Report comes a long article about the Catholic composer of sacred music James MacMillan:
James MacMillan and his sacred music for our time
In September 2010, when Pope Benedict made his historic and transformative visit to the United … Continue reading
There is a little bit of a controversy about a a couple points from the Holy Father’s new book which really isn’t much of a controversy at all.
If you don’t have the book please use one of my links to … Continue reading
From CNA about the quislings in our midst:
Catholics for a Free Choice spends millions in Latin American abortion support
Lima, Peru, Nov 26, 2012 / 04:06 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The abortion advocacy group Catholics For a Free Choice has invested more … Continue reading