Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Ivan said Grateful to be Catholic says: The “seemingly usefu...
- Supertradmum said Excellent and timely, Father. Book, please, with a...
- Ben Trovato said Father, I’ll have a shot at that and let yo...
- jhayes said Here’s a photo published in 2004, showing t...
- Prayerful said Maybe iconoclasm, more like vandalism. Fr Rutler s...
- Grateful to be Catholic said The “seemingly useful link” that seeme...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Ben Trovato says: Sunday readings, or weekdays as...
- Ben Trovato said Father, Are you looking for Sunday readings, or we...
- But Father! said As a point of law and Catholic ethics (neither of...
- lmgilbert said Young lady, make more videos! You know what you a...
- anj said Very troubling. I had hoped we had seen the last...
- lmo1968 said My grandmother had a wonderful assortment of hats...
- APX said Slainewe, Men do NOT have authority over women. Hu...
- DFWShook said I LOVE the remark about women wearing veils are a...
- OrthodoxChick said Polycarpio, “Getting my age ticket stamped....
- Tradster said “?inculcating a silent and recollected atmos...
- Ttony said Father, if you read http://ccfather.blogspot.co.uk...
- skvie5738 said This video is a much better evangelization tool th...
- Mike said @blessedtolivenow: Praying for a safe and uneventf...
- gracie said I get a little nervous when I hear a girl saying t...
- Mr. Screwtape said If anyone would like a button, please contact the...
- anniemw said “Seasons in the Sun” [we had joy, we h...
- Reconverted Idiot said Agh, tired eyes. I misread the request. Still, use...
- blessedtolivenow said Thank you for sharing your work with us! I am a n...
- slainewe said The video is well done and I applaud the attempt t...
- APX said Why is it that those of us who choose not to veil...
- Reconverted Idiot said Latin Mass Society did it HERE. I think that meets...
- ncstevem said Brandy by Looking Glass https://m.youtube.com/watc...
- Julian Barkin said Hello Father. I can recommend one site where one c...
- StJude said Not to brag but in 1986, Henry Lee Summer.. a one...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: November 2012
I doubt many people reading this have personal memories of September 1859. The question was rhetorical. And yet that date should now stick in your mind.
in 2013 your earth’s yellow Sun’s activity, such as solar flares and coronal Mass ejections, … Continue reading
My good friend, His Hermeneuticalness, the great Dean of Bexley and p.p. of Blackfen, the unabashedly Unreconstructed Ossified Manualist, Fr. Tim Finigan, posted at his excellent blog shot of some of my Cafepress Z-Swag caught “in the wild”.
Go there for … Continue reading
I read a story about some dopey “comedian” who called Pres. Obama our “lord and savior”. He said exactly, …
First of all, give an honor to our God and our lord and savior, Barack Obama. Barack Obama.
This was not in … Continue reading
Reading The Hobbit was one of the most important things I did in my life. In another book, Tolkien used the image of the pebble that starts the avalanche. That is what The Hobbit was for me. Among the rocks The … Continue reading
Planned Parenthood is in the business of abortion. Big business abortion is the name of their game.
Here is something I saw on the site of The Christian Post:
Planned Parenthood Clinic Offers ‘Black Friday’ Discount for Birth Control, Abortions
The traditional first-day … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am considering starting an EF daily Mass in my parish. I am considering offering it as per usual with the exeption of using the vernacular for the propers (introit, collect, gradual, communion, post communion) and the readings. … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate, who are often on top of this sort of thing, reveal a letter sent by the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” to a questioner. The letter is unsigned, though it has the stamp of the Commission.
Here, as … Continue reading
“Tell me now if it is possible for you to have faith in your heart and not tremble.” – St. Leonard of Port Maurice
Today in the Novus Ordo calendar is the feast of St. Leonard of Port Maurice (+1751).
In one place, St. Leonard expounds on the number of those who make it to heaven. He is not optimistic. And he gives reasons.
Christ died … Continue reading
Fishwrap tapped one of their darlings, former-Catholic theologian and dissenter Charles Curran, to write an encomium of the late Fr. Bernard Häring, CSsR, whose “proportionalist” legacy in moral theology is decidedly mixed.
First, Curran in his piece, reputedly about Häring, winds up … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can a priest give AA meetings for a overindulgent penitent?
WHAT?!? Noooo… bad idea.
Look. A priest can, I guess, give whatever penances he can get away with. If the penance is too onerous or impossible, or too vague … Continue reading