Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- RANCHER said Having been a cop in Los Angeles when MS 13 had it...
- RANCHER said Chief Lanier is as “PC” as they come....
- Bea said Thanks, Bishops, for your misconceived sense of ch...
- StJude said I did some family research last year and found a g...
- msmsem said Fr. Jim: “Something in the culture, and I ha...
- Elizabeth D said Have I opposed police being armed? I live in an ef...
- Bea said Be not disturbed by the statements made from the V...
- boxerpaws1952 said “And so Israel started the cycle of hatred t...
- Allan S. said I clued into the “Alaska” thing right...
- William Tighe said There is also, Keith, Article XXIX: XXIX. Of the W...
- incredulous said Elizabeth, I strongly recommend a sign for your la...
- Suburbanbanshee said Jesus Christ praised armed soldiers as much as he...
- JuliB said To me it seems like a way to witness when someone...
- Martial Artist said There are those in the Anglican world who believe...
- acardnal said Robbie, thanks for that tip! It will be released...
- ASPM Sem said Bishop Lee Piche sang a bit of a song by the band...
- timfout said Our associate pastor, who is from India, said very...
- Robbie said If anyone is interested, the BBC produced a wonder...
- acardnal said Link to “Dance in the Liturgy” from 19...
- Bosco said Dear Father Z., You wrote: “As I have been s...
- midwestmom said Obviously Francis was speaking in global terms but...
- jhayes said The biretta seems to have become a more widely use...
- Wiktor said Strong words on how evil often appears to be nice...
- acardnal said Polycarpio, for clarification, it’s worth no...
- Elizabeth D said As Fr Z would say… go to confession :-)
- Elizabeth D said When Jesus told the Apostles they need a money bag...
- midwestmom said Our parish priest wore shorts, plaid shirt and san...
- lmo1968 said I have been a recipient of true charity+solidarity...
- acardnal said I lost some respect for Tracey Rowland when she ma...
- SKAY said http://www.libertynews.com/2014/07/illegal-alien-m...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: November 2012
I doubt many people reading this have personal memories of September 1859. The question was rhetorical. And yet that date should now stick in your mind.
in 2013 your earth’s yellow Sun’s activity, such as solar flares and coronal Mass ejections, … Continue reading
My good friend, His Hermeneuticalness, the great Dean of Bexley and p.p. of Blackfen, the unabashedly Unreconstructed Ossified Manualist, Fr. Tim Finigan, posted at his excellent blog shot of some of my Cafepress Z-Swag caught “in the wild”.
Go there for … Continue reading
I read a story about some dopey “comedian” who called Pres. Obama our “lord and savior”. He said exactly, …
First of all, give an honor to our God and our lord and savior, Barack Obama. Barack Obama.
This was not in … Continue reading
Reading The Hobbit was one of the most important things I did in my life. In another book, Tolkien used the image of the pebble that starts the avalanche. That is what The Hobbit was for me. Among the rocks The … Continue reading
Planned Parenthood is in the business of abortion. Big business abortion is the name of their game.
Here is something I saw on the site of The Christian Post:
Planned Parenthood Clinic Offers ‘Black Friday’ Discount for Birth Control, Abortions
The traditional first-day … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am considering starting an EF daily Mass in my parish. I am considering offering it as per usual with the exeption of using the vernacular for the propers (introit, collect, gradual, communion, post communion) and the readings. … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate, who are often on top of this sort of thing, reveal a letter sent by the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” to a questioner. The letter is unsigned, though it has the stamp of the Commission.
Here, as … Continue reading
“Tell me now if it is possible for you to have faith in your heart and not tremble.” – St. Leonard of Port Maurice
Today in the Novus Ordo calendar is the feast of St. Leonard of Port Maurice (+1751).
In one place, St. Leonard expounds on the number of those who make it to heaven. He is not optimistic. And he gives reasons.
Christ died … Continue reading
Fishwrap tapped one of their darlings, former-Catholic theologian and dissenter Charles Curran, to write an encomium of the late Fr. Bernard Häring, CSsR, whose “proportionalist” legacy in moral theology is decidedly mixed.
First, Curran in his piece, reputedly about Häring, winds up … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can a priest give AA meetings for a overindulgent penitent?
WHAT?!? Noooo… bad idea.
Look. A priest can, I guess, give whatever penances he can get away with. If the penance is too onerous or impossible, or too vague … Continue reading