Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- LarryW2LJ said And for you Hams, out there – tonight is the...
- Clinton R. said “Be Thou King of all those who are still inv...
- Emilio said With all due respect to His Holiness Pope Francis,...
- JonPatrick said Our parish (Prince of Peace Lewiston ME) decided t...
- Uxixu said They’re using all the words but don’t...
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied! | Fr. Z’s Blog | Deaconjohn1987's Blog said [...] The blood of San Gennaro liquefied! | Fr. Z&...
- Bob B. said This was one of the events that Catholic school ki...
- KAS said Avast ye matey’s! Talk like a pirate, ARRRRR...
- acardnal said But Father, but Father . . . what would Captain Ja...
- Deacon Augustine said murtheol, Fr. Z did not say that deacons are impai...
- JonathanCatholic said Pirates for Communion! Merciful God, merciful Chur...
- L. said I once told my former parish Priest that he said t...
- JTH said Sadly, otherwise faithful women support the idea o...
- TWF said bposullivan: Exactly. While Cardinal Burke, in thi...
- Imrahil said Dear Banshee, at least I didn’t say it as a repres...
- McCall1981 said We can talk about both issues if the Synod decides...
- vandalia said I have found that one will cave to a protest only...
- Charles E Flynn said Just to save wear-and-tear on Google: http://www.t...
- Catholic Tech Geek said While I was still attending Wheeling Jesuit Univer...
- murtheol said Once more. Even with the Pastoral Provision where...
- jeffreyquick said “what happened in the Diocese of SaginawR...
- MarkJ said @PeggyR: I do not know anything about the priest...
- murtheol said TM30 and Suburbanbanshee: You are not getting thi...
- TopSully said Father – You speak often about the effect wh...
- Suburbanbanshee said So whose blood does he think it is, and how would...
- APX said Todd, Our priest has told us he prefers not to use...
- Peggy R said The priest this morning expressed skepticism in th...
- Suburbanbanshee said Well, obviously you wouldn’t want to haul a...
- Suburbanbanshee said I forgot to say that was the Third Council of Orle...
- Suburbanbanshee said Landless Laborer – You humble me. May the Lo...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: November 2012
I doubt many people reading this have personal memories of September 1859. The question was rhetorical. And yet that date should now stick in your mind.
in 2013 your earth’s yellow Sun’s activity, such as solar flares and coronal Mass ejections, … Continue reading
My good friend, His Hermeneuticalness, the great Dean of Bexley and p.p. of Blackfen, the unabashedly Unreconstructed Ossified Manualist, Fr. Tim Finigan, posted at his excellent blog shot of some of my Cafepress Z-Swag caught “in the wild”.
Go there for … Continue reading
I read a story about some dopey “comedian” who called Pres. Obama our “lord and savior”. He said exactly, …
First of all, give an honor to our God and our lord and savior, Barack Obama. Barack Obama.
This was not in … Continue reading
Reading The Hobbit was one of the most important things I did in my life. In another book, Tolkien used the image of the pebble that starts the avalanche. That is what The Hobbit was for me. Among the rocks The … Continue reading
Planned Parenthood is in the business of abortion. Big business abortion is the name of their game.
Here is something I saw on the site of The Christian Post:
Planned Parenthood Clinic Offers ‘Black Friday’ Discount for Birth Control, Abortions
The traditional first-day … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am considering starting an EF daily Mass in my parish. I am considering offering it as per usual with the exeption of using the vernacular for the propers (introit, collect, gradual, communion, post communion) and the readings. … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate, who are often on top of this sort of thing, reveal a letter sent by the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” to a questioner. The letter is unsigned, though it has the stamp of the Commission.
Here, as … Continue reading
“Tell me now if it is possible for you to have faith in your heart and not tremble.” – St. Leonard of Port Maurice
Today in the Novus Ordo calendar is the feast of St. Leonard of Port Maurice (+1751).
In one place, St. Leonard expounds on the number of those who make it to heaven. He is not optimistic. And he gives reasons.
Christ died … Continue reading
Fishwrap tapped one of their darlings, former-Catholic theologian and dissenter Charles Curran, to write an encomium of the late Fr. Bernard Häring, CSsR, whose “proportionalist” legacy in moral theology is decidedly mixed.
First, Curran in his piece, reputedly about Häring, winds up … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can a priest give AA meetings for a overindulgent penitent?
WHAT?!? Noooo… bad idea.
Look. A priest can, I guess, give whatever penances he can get away with. If the penance is too onerous or impossible, or too vague … Continue reading