You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Singing Mum said Excellent post. Inspiring! This day of Pentecost a...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Just for your information, I have c...
- Random Friar said As former military, allow me to add my two cents....
- frjim4321 said OrthChick – - - Yes, http://www.crucial.com...
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tom in NY, thank you for your kind answer. A...
- ray from mn said Some time ago, I heard or read that one of the dut...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
- PReagan said Thank you, Father! I was going to tell you about t...
- Giuseppe said Boston’s Deaconess Hospital (now merged with...
- OrthodoxChick said Ted, Thank you for the advice. It’s not an...
- Christopher said Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let you boot your...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said P.S. Celibacy was dropped as a requirement for Lut...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes, as mentioned above, a h...
- Muv said Is the pretty half of a Deaconite couple a Deacone...
- robtbrown said spencer says: As a permanent deacon (and I really...
- Andrew said Pater Z: Nesciebam “ordiri” textrinae esse propriu...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Sounds very much like the motherbo...
- frjim4321 said I’ve seen the “Deacon Couple” a...
- frjim4321 said Can you get on line with that machine? If so, if y...
- Giuseppe said @Venerator Sti Lot – This is the easiest lin...
- Cathy said I worked as a temp at one time putting computers t...
- yatzer said My Jewish friends in college referred to the rabbi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What of attention to Latin Psalms, as existing pra...
- Giuseppe said Just as a priest’s wife (those rare priests...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Imrahil, The year we were workng mostly on Cicero...
- spencer said As a permanent deacon (and I really tire of using...
- ronconte said In the early Church, a deaconess was not necessari...
- JabbaPapa said The word “deaconess” has sometimes bee...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: November 2012
I doubt many people reading this have personal memories of September 1859. The question was rhetorical. And yet that date should now stick in your mind.
in 2013 your earth’s yellow Sun’s activity, such as solar flares and coronal Mass ejections, … Continue reading
My good friend, His Hermeneuticalness, the great Dean of Bexley and p.p. of Blackfen, the unabashedly Unreconstructed Ossified Manualist, Fr. Tim Finigan, posted at his excellent blog shot of some of my Cafepress Z-Swag caught “in the wild”.
Go there for … Continue reading
I read a story about some dopey “comedian” who called Pres. Obama our “lord and savior”. He said exactly, …
First of all, give an honor to our God and our lord and savior, Barack Obama. Barack Obama.
This was not in … Continue reading
Reading The Hobbit was one of the most important things I did in my life. In another book, Tolkien used the image of the pebble that starts the avalanche. That is what The Hobbit was for me. Among the rocks The … Continue reading
Planned Parenthood is in the business of abortion. Big business abortion is the name of their game.
Here is something I saw on the site of The Christian Post:
Planned Parenthood Clinic Offers ‘Black Friday’ Discount for Birth Control, Abortions
The traditional first-day … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am considering starting an EF daily Mass in my parish. I am considering offering it as per usual with the exeption of using the vernacular for the propers (introit, collect, gradual, communion, post communion) and the readings. … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate, who are often on top of this sort of thing, reveal a letter sent by the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” to a questioner. The letter is unsigned, though it has the stamp of the Commission.
Here, as … Continue reading
“Tell me now if it is possible for you to have faith in your heart and not tremble.” – St. Leonard of Port Maurice
Today in the Novus Ordo calendar is the feast of St. Leonard of Port Maurice (+1751).
In one place, St. Leonard expounds on the number of those who make it to heaven. He is not optimistic. And he gives reasons.
Christ died … Continue reading
Fishwrap tapped one of their darlings, former-Catholic theologian and dissenter Charles Curran, to write an encomium of the late Fr. Bernard Häring, CSsR, whose “proportionalist” legacy in moral theology is decidedly mixed.
First, Curran in his piece, reputedly about Häring, winds up … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can a priest give AA meetings for a overindulgent penitent?
WHAT?!? Noooo… bad idea.
Look. A priest can, I guess, give whatever penances he can get away with. If the penance is too onerous or impossible, or too vague … Continue reading