- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Netmilsmom said CNS should have had a “member in good standi...
- robtbrown said iPadre says: That generation has a lot of fruit t...
- Nan said Oh! We have sometimes had cassock-clad priests in...
- robtbrown said I should add that the Boomers with the no habit ha...
- iPadre said That generation has a lot of fruit to speak of the...
- NickD said But will the bishops do ANYTHING about what has be...
- Bryan D. Boyle said A PERMANENT deacon lecturing a priest on the appro...
- Tantum Ergo said Darn! I haven’t seen Fr. Z share further adv...
- robtbrown said I like the account by St Isaac Jogues himself who...
- Evovae said Elizabeth is right;that article’s rhetoric w...
- Athelstan said …and scares the people, who see it as a thro...
- ladytatslace said Wear your cassock please Father. Our parish priest...
- robtbrown said PhilipNeri says: The Baby Boomers in the Order hav...
- yatzer said I am embarrassed by my fellow Boomers, but then ne...
- Sandy said My immediate reaction after reading – how di...
- Joboww said I would note the ICRSP also includes the second co...
- Woody79 said Frankly, I am not pleased by most anything the USC...
- Phil_NL said I’m a bit of two minds on this one. On the o...
- Uxixu said I laughed at a couple of the hypothetical replies,...
- Mercyknight said No more “Dictatorship of Old Hippies!”...
- ASPM Sem said As a young person myself, I am terrified of cassoc...
- Priam1184 said A funny story about deacons of a certain age: rece...
- wmeyer said A good Jesuit Priest I knew in college once said i...
- wmeyer said When I see a priest wearing a cassock, I am reassu...
- PhilipNeri said The Baby Boomers in the Order have turned the habi...
- avecrux said Sexual distinction is so fundamental that if one d...
- Unwilling said Maria, Fr Michel-Marie is a fascinating story. His...
- amrc said I love St. Edith Stein. Thanks for posting the di...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said I would like to invite that cassock-wearing priest...
- wmeyer said Perhaps because it is Catholic News Service, and n...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: December 2012
I clicked on my Centro Televisivo Vaticano player for 1st Vespers from St. Peter’s Basilica. The Holy Father presides.
The chant by the schola is improving. They are singing alternately with the congregation. From what I can tell, quite a few of … Continue reading
Just for fun:
Any fun snowman pics out there?
Technorati Tags: snowman
The Enchiridion Indulgentiarum 26 indicates that we can gain plenary indulgences on 31 December and 1 January.
§ 1. A plenary indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a church or in an oratory, are present [take part] in … Continue reading
Fr Z’s Predictions for 2013
Israel will attack Iran (this one’s running for the 3rd consecutive year)
SCOTUS will rule in favor of the bishops on the HHS Mandate
Pope Benedict will still be Pope
Bishop Finn (still there!) will formally condemn the Fishwrap
The … Continue reading
U.S. Bishops call for project of prayer, fasting to begin 30 DECEMBER to defend Life, Marriage, Religious Liberty – FR Z POLL
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Did you know that the Bishops of these United States of America have asked for Catholics to pray, fast and abstain on Fridays, and take part in a holy hour each month?
Call To … Continue reading
Someone sent me a link to an article in Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) about “experimental worship” and moving beyond institutional church… sort of like what the National catholic Reporter praises.
There is some pretty crazy stuff in the … Continue reading
On Boxing Day, Her Majesty the Queen conferred a peerage on the Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams.
From the official site of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Peerage for the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury
Wednesday 26th December 2012
The Queen has been pleased to … Continue reading
You can reach the Ustream page of the Z-Cam & Radio SPTDV (olim Radio Sabina) here.
I don’t control the ads that pop up, alas. I have found that “Ad Block” works on them, however.
Right now I have some predominantly sacred Christmas music … Continue reading
Some of you who have been internet dumpster diving have probably noticed that the National catholic Fishwrap presented their readers with a list of the “10 ways religion shaped the news in 2012″.
They got it wrong, as usual.
Here is the actual … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for prayers. Many requests are heart-achingly grave and urgent.
We should support each other in works of mercy.
As long as my blog reaches so many readers in … Continue reading